Jump to topic:

Silly computing skills

burningpuppies101
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2009 9:51:30 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Have any of you ever come across stories about computer ignorance that are funny to the point of just being silly?

Here's one: A guy at tech support gets a call about the cup holder of the computer being broken, and the techie is asked how to fix it. Turns out, the user was using his CD drive as a cup holder...
Omnes te moriturum amant 

http://www.debate.org...
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2009 10:32:01 PM
Your link is a troll thread, Poejoe.

http://www.rinkworks.com...
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
s0m31john
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/22/2009 11:50:14 PM
Someone told me they built their own computer today. I asked them what the clock speed of their processor was and they said the didn't know. Cued me in right away that they were lying.
JustCallMeTarzan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2009 9:55:19 AM
I work at an IT help desk... we've had some doozies:

User calls to place a work order because he can't get his floppy disc into the drive.

User calls because the printer won't print the 200-page document he clogged the print queue with.

Secretary asks us to investigate the special cables she needs, claiming her printer has ports she's never seen and must take two cables. Turns out to be USB-B and Ethernet.

User calls, claiming she accidentally spilled water in her laptop and left it that way for several hours. (I actually got it fixed btw...)

Administrator at the school calls and complains she can't open her e-mail. Turns out she's not double-clicking the message.

Administrator calls complaining she can't make new word documents and has tried EVERYTHING.... except Ctrl-N.

Entire department is gathered around one computer trying to make it work, claim they have tried everything to get video back. Cycling the power supply worked just fine (Computer was locked while hibernating).

And these are just in the past couple weeks o.0