Jump to topic:

Solar flare

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 10:36:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
How many of you would become helpless and jones out when, not if, the "great solar flare" destroys all your little electronic gadgets. I think It will be a great day when it happens. Back to pre electronics days. Those were the best days in my opinion. Electronics has made everyone lazy and impatient less productive and horribly unimaginative.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2012 12:13:01 AM
You used a computer to post a complaint about technology? Something tells me you are more dependent on it then you like to think.

Anyway, the point about technology making us less creative is simply untrue. Technology encourages creativity through methods that would otherwise be unavailable. It doesn't do anything to affect the use of more traditional art mediums, if someone wants to go outside and paint, or play the piano, or anything else, guess what happens? They put the laptop down and do that.

Technology is a huge part of life today, but to say we would be completely lost without it is absurd. It adds something to life and makes it easier but it is by no means necessary. Just like adapting to new forms of technology, we can adapt to not having any. It won't be easy, but it can and will happen.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2012 3:20:35 PM
At 1/13/2012 10:36:53 PM, sadolite wrote:
How many of you would become helpless and jones out when, not if, the "great solar flare" destroys all your little electronic gadgets. I think It will be a great day when it happens. Back to pre electronics days. Those were the best days in my opinion. Electronics has made everyone lazy and impatient less productive and horribly unimaginative.

Actually, I bet it wouldn't be hard to find a study that would totally obliterate your argument. Electronics allow us to be more creative, and more productive. I mean, just look at this site.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
MarquisX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2012 1:09:16 AM
How the f*ck would even know what pre-eletronics days were like? Are you talking cell phones and laptops? Or do you seriously believe wiping out all electronics would somehow help us?
Sophisticated ignorance, write my curses in cursive
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2012 7:27:57 PM
At 1/20/2012 1:09:16 AM, MarquisX wrote:
How the f*ck would even know what pre-eletronics days were like? Are you talking cell phones and laptops? Or do you seriously believe wiping out all electronics would somehow help us?

The question was "are you prepared" I would be happy without them, I didn't say you would be. I know what life was like without electronics and I would prefer it. Just because I use them doesn't mean I couldn't live without them. Cell phones being the easiest to live without. Why on earth would someone want a device that puts them on call 24/7 with every single person they know. I find that dumbfounding. I absolutely despise cell phones. They are the most antisocial rude piles of crap man has yet to invent. I wish I could have a nickel for every time I am trying to have an important conversation with someone and their cell phone rings. People in general who use cell phones believe their phone call takes precedence over a in person conversation. If I could, I would take the cell phone from those kind of people and smash it on the ground for making me subordinate to a piece of shi** phone. I would also deduct from their paychecks every minute they spend texting and talking on their phones on company time. Half the people where I work would get half the amount they are paid.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/29/2012 11:36:11 PM
At 2/24/2012 7:27:57 PM, sadolite wrote:

I know what life was like without electronics and I would prefer it.

HOW OLD ARE YOU?
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2012 12:06:53 AM
The perfect opportunity to readjust who the looters n' plunderers are, hopefully being myself.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2012 9:50:16 PM
At 2/29/2012 11:36:11 PM, Rockylightning wrote:

HOW OLD ARE YOU?

Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2012 11:07:02 PM
At 3/1/2012 9:50:16 PM, sadolite wrote:

HOW OLD ARE YOU?

That didn't need to be answered.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2012 4:43:12 PM
At 3/1/2012 11:07:02 PM, Rockylightning wrote:

HOW OLD ARE YOU?

Your wall of shame you put my rabbit farm. You are ignorant and have no clue about nature or the way things really are. You live in a complete self absorbed pathetic academia bubble and wouldn't last 3 days if forced to live on your own devices. You would starve to death. I would provide for many including my self.

Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2012 11:05:23 PM
At 3/2/2012 4:43:12 PM, sadolite wrote:

HOW OLD ARE YOU?

Your wall of shame you put my rabbit farm.

Yes.

You are ignorant and have no clue about nature or the way things really are.

Killing rabbits and skinning them alive is not mandatory for the status quo.

You live in a complete self absorbed pathetic academia bubble and wouldn't last 3 days if forced to live on your own devices.

I have before. In fact, I found hunting to be more useless than gathering plants. Its a lot easier to gather 1000 calories worth of nuts, berries, and leaves than of rabbit.

You would starve to death. I would provide for many including my self.

Ok. Because we are obviously in a kill-or die situation here. You see, there's this thing called farming, where we are able to produce plants on a larger basis. This means that life without death is possible. I guess you're stuck in the days where people hunted for their food.

You are the sick one here. A blood thirsty psychopathic criminal. Not legally a criminal, because killing animals is legal, while killing humans in such a manner as you do animals would be considered psychopathic.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2012 12:11:45 AM
At 3/2/2012 11:05:23 PM, Rockylightning wrote:

HOW OLD ARE YOU?

Yes.

You live in a complete self absorbed pathetic academia bubble and wouldn't last 3 days if forced to live on your own devices.

I have before. In fact, I found hunting to be more useless than gathering plants. Its a lot easier to gather 1000 calories worth of nuts, berries, and leaves than of rabbit.

Ok. Because we are obviously in a kill-or die situation here. You see, there's this thing called farming, where we are able to produce plants on a larger basis. This means that life without death is possible. I guess you're stuck in the days where people hunted for their food.

You are the sick one here. A blood thirsty psychopathic criminal. Not legally a criminal, because killing animals is legal, while killing humans in such a manner as you do animals would be considered psychopathic.

You think you are on the same level as an animal? What you can't handle is reality. You need everything handed to you with a big old huge coating of politically correct sugar on it or Lilly little feelings might get hurt. Just because you don't like killing animals for food does not make you in any way morally superior as you clearly think you are. A dead skinned rabbit is a dead skinned rabbit. It does not matter what sugar coated methods you use to achieve the necessary goal to eating the rabbit. First it must be killed then it must be gutted then it must be skinned in that order. Got a problem with that To friken bad. It in no way makes you morally superior intellectually superior or superior to me in any way if you are upset by me eating rabbit or how I go about preparing the rabbit for consumption. I would say get off your high horse but in this case get the horse off your back.

Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2012 1:58:50 AM
At 3/3/2012 12:11:45 AM, sadolite wrote:
At 3/2/2012 11:05:23 PM, Rockylightning wrote:

HOW OLD ARE YOU?

Yes.

You think you are on the same level as an animal? What you can't handle is reality. You need everything handed to you with a big old huge coating of politically correct sugar on it or Lilly little feelings might get hurt.

If anyone's feelings are getting hurt here, its you, or the animals you skin.

Just because you don't like killing animals for food does not make you in any way morally superior as you clearly think you are.

Not morally superior. I just see it from a different perspective. And my perspective says you're wrong. Your perspective says that I'm wrong. Think.

A dead skinned rabbit is a dead skinned rabbit. It does not matter what sugar coated methods you use to achieve the necessary goal to eating the rabbit. First it must be killed then it must be gutted then it must be skinned in that order. Got a problem with that To friken bad.

How is that at all relevant?

It in no way makes you morally superior intellectually superior or superior to me in any way if you are upset by me eating rabbit or how I go about preparing the rabbit for consumption.

What's it with you and superiority? Its like this primitive thing where your turf is being taken...

I would say get off your high horse but in this case get the horse off your back.

Look, if there were a higher being that was of higher intelligence and civilization than us, would it have the right to skin us alive? By your standards yes, because it is what it is. By my standards, no, the higher being should be able to bypass such primitive instinct.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2012 8:48:38 PM
At 3/3/2012 1:59:01 AM, Rockylightning wrote:
and just for the record I think you're an idiot.

Like everything, what you "Think" and what reality is are to completely different things. I'd slaughter you in any task put before either of us. I could out do you doing anything, I would make you look like a retard.

Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2012 9:36:26 PM
At 3/3/2012 8:48:38 PM, sadolite wrote:

Like everything, what you "Think" and what reality is are to completely different things. I'd slaughter you in any task put before either of us. I could out do you doing anything, I would make you look like a retard.

When it comes to skinning rabbits, no doubt. When it comes to being a rational human being, you are the retard.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2012 10:18:32 PM
At 3/3/2012 9:36:26 PM, Rockylightning wrote:

When it comes to skinning rabbits, no doubt. When it comes to being a rational human being, you are the retard.

I am 1000 times more rational than you. I live in a place called cold hard factual reality. You live in some place called Xanadu were everything is fair and wonderful and all is happy. IE mom and dads house, Quick hurry up and move out while you still know everything and poses this intellectual superiority that you believe yourself to poses. If I am a retard and 47 with two kids and own my home. I see no point in you sucking off your parents any further. You should be able to do just fine on your own seing that if a retard can do it you should be able to handle this no problem.

lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2012 10:44:29 PM
I never understood exactly how electromagnetic pulses take out electronics, is there any component of electronics in particular that are most susceptible than others?
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2012 2:00:08 AM
At 3/3/2012 10:18:32 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 3/3/2012 9:36:26 PM, Rockylightning wrote:

I am 1000 times more rational than you. I live in a place called cold hard factual reality. You live in some place called Xanadu were everything is fair and wonderful and all is happy.

I don't believe that everything is fair and wonderful and all is happy. Far from it. In fact, its the lack of this "utopian mind set" you think I have that drives me to be vegetarian.

IE mom and dads house, Quick hurry up and move out while you still know everything and poses this intellectual superiority that you believe yourself to poses. If I am a retard and 47 with two kids and own my home. I see no point in you sucking off your parents any further. You should be able to do just fine on your own seing that if a retard can do it you should be able to handle this no problem.

wtf does this have to do with anything.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2012 2:32:07 AM
At 3/3/2012 10:44:29 PM, lewis20 wrote:
I never understood exactly how electromagnetic pulses take out electronics, is there any component of electronics in particular that are most susceptible than others?

I think it overloads them, sorta like if lightning hits you power, it short circuits it.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-