Jump to topic:

"Plugged in, not charging"

popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2012 7:07:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Hi fellow DDO'ers. I just recently bought a new laptop - like "3 days old new" - and I when my laptop is on the ac adapter with the battery in I get the message "plugged in, not charging" and it seems to be eternally stuck on 96%. Does anyone know how to fix this? I've looked on the internet and it seems to be a common problem and the "solution" I tried didn't work. :S Help?
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
Rusty
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2012 10:09:27 PM
And have you looked for some kind of threshold setting under power management?

"Chances are that your battery was charged recently to 100%, and when it reached 100% it stopped charging, as it's designed to do. It isn't going to start charging again until its charge level falls below 95%, as it will slowly do, even as it remains plugged into AC power. This is all exactly how the machine is designed to operate. The machine stops charging between 100% and 95% to allow the battery to cool down and remain cool most of the time, even while it's connected to AC power. Heat is an enemy to batteries, and charging heats them. So both the rate of charge (and heating) and the percentage of the time during which charging (and heating) takes place are controlled by the machine's power management system."

That's from some mac support site, don't know if its relevant or not.
TinaShaniqua
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/20/2012 10:36:22 PM
asus's are nice.

might be a win7 problem.

Disconnect AC
Shutdown
Remove battery
Connect AC
Startup
Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it's ok if you only have 1).
Shutdown
Disconnect AC
Insert battery
Connect AC
Startup