Jump to topic:

Has anyone played Fable III?

Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/15/2012 6:18:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
It's not as exciting or complicated as a lot of other games but it is pretty interesting in it's own way. I purposely went through the whole game only making "good" decisions (irl liberal, probably), no matter how dumb they were, and failed in the end. Funny enough, the "evil" decisions might be considered conservative irl. To win the game, you have to strike the right balance between the two and sacrifice certain groups particular needs in order to achieve a prospering society.

Anyone play it and have any thoughts on this game?
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
tornshoe92
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/17/2012 12:02:59 AM
Buy property early on and keep buying and by the end you should be making enough income from your property empire to overcome any financial losses from making good decisions. Have you played the first two games?
"Next time I see a little old lady going to church I am going kick her in the ovaries because she is personally responsible for this. Thanks Izbo." -C_N
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2012 11:47:27 AM
At 3/17/2012 12:02:59 AM, tornshoe92 wrote:
Buy property early on and keep buying and by the end you should be making enough income from your property empire to overcome any financial losses from making good decisions. Have you played the first two games?

I thought about the property aspect.. but I couldn't bear to believe that that was really the winning strategy. Seems like such a cop-out.

I have the first two and I've played the first one the most of the two. From what I gather, they're better all around than the third? I have a feeling I'll think so.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
tornshoe92
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2012 6:09:52 PM
The first one is by far the best in the series. The other two have their own good points but they are just so different compared to the overall feel of the first one that by the time you get to the third game, I couldn't enjoy it as much.
"Next time I see a little old lady going to church I am going kick her in the ovaries because she is personally responsible for this. Thanks Izbo." -C_N
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2012 6:20:21 PM
I've played all three and I think the general feeling about the series is that while there was a lot of promises, it didn't really live up to them.

Peter Molyneux, the creator of the franchise, is known for hyping up his games with ambitious ideas, that haven't really come to fruition. Molyneux is a brilliant designer, but with all the expectations of his games, I think people are generally left disappointed.

"Plant an acorn and it will grow into a tree" said about the first game and "become the king" said about the third, while interesting game concepts never really materialized in a meaningful way.

I felt obliged to play the third fable game, and as I had assumed I would, felt it was a collection of ideas that didn't manifest into something that was more than a simple sum of its parts.

Fable 3 is ok, but nothing revolutionary or especially compelling.

Populous is a Molyneax masterpiece though.
Debate.org Moderator
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2012 11:31:43 PM
Now I'm itching to play the first one all the way through....

It shall be done!
: