Jump to topic:

"Remember Me"

dvhoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2009 1:33:41 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Okay, so I'm a fan of the "Remember Me" feature on the log in screen. I use a computer that only I have access to, and feel relatively safe in using such a feature.

Lately, however, I find myself increasingly having to re-enter my UN and PW. Does anyone know why the system won't remember who I am?
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2009 5:34:53 PM
If you're using Mozilla and you're lazy like me, you may have an automatic clear-history option checked. That would get rid of your saved passwords, cookies, address history, etc.

If not, then I think IE has the same thing. I would check that first, then I would check your computer's security. I think certain anti-virus or firewalls can cause that problem. Turn it off for a time, see if it continues to happen. If it doesn't, then DDO could be messing up, though I'm not entirely sure if the "Remember Me" option is browser/user based, or website based. I think it is the former, but who knows.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2009 5:37:30 PM
DDO has a history of funky logins. Live with it. Probably not much you can do.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2009 8:45:51 PM
Not entirely true, John, it vastly reduces the problem, but does not eliminate it.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.