Jump to topic:

I hate the biased Mac ads.

1dustpelt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 11:54:52 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
If Windows is slow, it's most likely the user's fault. If they were ignorant idiots who doesn't know how to defragment their hard disk or optimize their computer or clean the registry, then it's the idiot's fault. As for the crashing part, I have never seen a Windows crash. The people who crashed their computers were probably ignorant fvcks who doesn't know what an antivirus is or doesn't know how to update programs or went into the Registry and deleted everything.
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2012 12:10:08 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 4/6/2012 11:54:52 AM, 1dustpelt wrote:
The people who crashed their computers were probably ignorant fvcks who doesn't know what an antivirus is or doesn't know how to update programs or went into the Registry and deleted everything.

How wrong you are grasshopper. I run Registry Mechanic and the PC Tools virus package daily and keep everything perfectly up-to-date. 64bit Win 7 crashes every few weeks. I have reloaded the OS from scratch and that keeps it going for maybe a couple of months without crashing. Win 7 doesn't blue screen (well, once it did) but it crashes by freezing up so you have to do a hard reboot.

I think what causes crashes is not just having a lot of programs on the machine, but using many different programs regularly. A machine that is used just for e-mail, web, and Word never crashes. But get a hundred programs on there and use ten different programs every day, and the reliability disappears.

I don't like Macs because once something goes wrong, they are really hard to fix. Apple doesn't want users messing with things, so everything is locked and hidden. That's good if it's working, but when there is problem it's really hard to straighten out. To be fair, I haven't done much with Macs since they switched to Unix a few years ago. Unix is traditionally trouble free, so maybe that has helped.

Computers are right now where aircraft technology was in 1926. Everyone is amazed that they work as well as they do, but they don't work well at all.