Jump to topic:

Restaurants greet you by name

RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 10:17:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
A TV program on restaurants said that upscale restaurants are looking up the names of people who have reserved to find their pictures with Google images.
The hostess knows you will show up around the time of the reservation and identifies you by your picture, so she can greet you my name.

With face recognition technology, Ronald McDonald could greet you by name. "Would you like fries with that, Mr. bin Laden?"
Kleptin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 10:21:53 PM
I think it would be fun to have EVERY RESTAURANT CALL ME JACKIE CHAN.

^Sarcasm >.>
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
Indophile
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2012 10:33:44 PM
At 4/6/2012 10:17:48 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
A TV program on restaurants said that upscale restaurants are looking up the names of people who have reserved to find their pictures with Google images.
The hostess knows you will show up around the time of the reservation and identifies you by your picture, so she can greet you my name.

With face recognition technology, Ronald McDonald could greet you by name. "Would you like fries with that, Mr. bin Laden?"

Reminds me of the doors in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

"As the door closed behind them it became apparent that it did indeed have a satisfied sigh-like quality to it. "Hummmmmmmyummmmmmm ah!" it said."
You will say that I don't really know you
And it will be true.
Oldfrith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/7/2012 7:12:31 PM
At 4/6/2012 10:33:44 PM, Indophile wrote:
At 4/6/2012 10:17:48 PM, RoyLatham wrote:

Reminds me of the doors in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

"As the door closed behind them it became apparent that it did indeed have a satisfied sigh-like quality to it. "Hummmmmmmyummmmmmm ah!" it said."

^^^ Oh yeah.
You know how people, when they don't know the meaning of a word, automatically think it's appropriate?
Well, How about this one:
Schloop-Schloop-Ping-a-Pang-bong
Which means:
To play a vigorous game of monopoly