Total Posts:15|Showing Posts:1-15
Jump to topic:

WWII Tanks

Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2012 1:56:53 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Which World War II tank do you think qualifies as the best, and why?
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2012 6:55:03 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Probably most of the German ones in actual power/armor/ect.

Though, they did have drawbacks, like a constant need for fuel.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2012 12:29:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I always heard it was teh German Tiger tank
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2012 12:35:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/9/2012 12:29:27 PM, lewis20 wrote:
I always heard it was teh German Tiger tank
Yep, but huge failure rate made it not-very-useful. At least, not as well as intended to be.
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2012 12:55:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I don't know. I enjoyed how the Russians could turn a tin can into a tank in mere hours it seemed and have them on the battlefield by the hundreds.

It all depends on what you wanted in a tank.

Since I'm a strategy gamer I enjoy the appeal of mass production.
THEBOMB
Posts: 2,872
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2012 6:37:03 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/9/2012 7:07:47 AM, bcresmer wrote:
suck it to this T28 Super Heavy Tank
http://en.wikipedia.org...

To bad only 2 were built and they were prototypes....

http://en.wikipedia.org...

As for this one...only 6 were built.

The best tank would have to be either the T-34 (USSR) or the M4 Sherman (USA), simply because the amount made would just overwhelm anything the germans or the Japanese had. One German Panther could destroy 11 M4s....the United States brought 12.
Contra
Posts: 3,941
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2012 9:21:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Personally I've always thought the Jagdpanther tank.

It had an 8.8 gun (the legendary cannon), had excellent armor, fast speed, long range, and didn't usually have mechanical problems.

It was an excellent tank destroyer design, and could destroy any Allied tank, but frequent bombings prevented the wide use of this tank.

http://en.wikipedia.org...
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2012 9:26:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
We need a history forum D:
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
THEBOMB
Posts: 2,872
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2012 9:29:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/10/2012 9:21:27 PM, Contra wrote:
Personally I've always thought the Jagdpanther tank.

It had an 8.8 gun (the legendary cannon), had excellent armor, fast speed, long range, and didn't usually have mechanical problems.

It was an excellent tank destroyer design, and could destroy any Allied tank, but frequent bombings prevented the wide use of this tank.

http://en.wikipedia.org...

The allies would have been screwed if that was brought onto the battle field earlier. To bad (for germany) it was produced in 1944 to 1945.
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2012 9:32:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/10/2012 9:29:01 PM, THEBOMB wrote:
At 5/10/2012 9:21:27 PM, Contra wrote:
Personally I've always thought the Jagdpanther tank.

It had an 8.8 gun (the legendary cannon), had excellent armor, fast speed, long range, and didn't usually have mechanical problems.

It was an excellent tank destroyer design, and could destroy any Allied tank, but frequent bombings prevented the wide use of this tank.

http://en.wikipedia.org...

The allies would have been screwed if that was brought onto the battle field earlier. To bad (for germany) it was produced in 1944 to 1945.

That, and the German Moon Base, Time Machine, and Hydra Tech.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
THEBOMB
Posts: 2,872
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2012 9:33:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/10/2012 9:32:00 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 5/10/2012 9:29:01 PM, THEBOMB wrote:
At 5/10/2012 9:21:27 PM, Contra wrote:
Personally I've always thought the Jagdpanther tank.

It had an 8.8 gun (the legendary cannon), had excellent armor, fast speed, long range, and didn't usually have mechanical problems.

It was an excellent tank destroyer design, and could destroy any Allied tank, but frequent bombings prevented the wide use of this tank.

http://en.wikipedia.org...

The allies would have been screwed if that was brought onto the battle field earlier. To bad (for germany) it was produced in 1944 to 1945.

That, and the German Moon Base, Time Machine, and Hydra Tech.

yea...to bad they weren't real :P
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2012 9:47:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
US Sherman

Cheap clunkers that swarmed and destroyed ;)
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross