Jump to topic:

Help?

brittwaller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2009 11:11:00 AM
Posted: 7 years ago
Hi all. I've been playing WoW for a while, but lately my PC has been giving me headaches because every time a new patch comes out (this time, 3.2) the updater gets an error about how file [x].adt (always a .adt file) cannot be opened, and no matter what I do the game won't patch up correctly. The first time this happened was a few weeks ago when I tried to do a trial version of the latest expansion. After multiple uninstall/reinstalls, talking to Blizzard tech support multiple times, and various other measures I gave up and took my PC in for service. It did have a virus, but when I got home the same problem was happening. Somehow, after screwing around with the system configuration and starting up in a safe-mode format with no UI that I could not navigate out of, therefore having to just shut down, it started working. I really don't know. All programs like google desktop search and CA software that can interfere are off.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
Don't I take care of them all?
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2009 11:16:57 AM
Is it JUST WoW that doesn't work? Are things running slowly for any other programs?
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
brittwaller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2009 1:24:27 PM
At 8/5/2009 11:16:57 AM, Rezzealaux wrote:
Is it JUST WoW that doesn't work? Are things running slowly for any other programs?

Hey Rezz. Yea, it's just WoW. Everything else is fine. It always messes up on the .adt files, usually in exactly the same place. Any ideas?
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2009 4:01:55 PM
No, not particularly any ideas. I know very little about computers. I haven't even heard of an .adt file before.

PEBKAC = Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair = It's your fault, not the computer's
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
brittwaller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2009 6:31:11 AM
Thanks guys. Yea I had seen similar forum posts the first time this happened... idk, perhaps I will try to get "creative."

Britt