Jump to topic:

Converting PDF into EPUB/MOBI

popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2012 1:30:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Does anyone know how to do this well? I tried doing it with the program calibre (to put on my kindle) but the resulting epub/mobi always didn't turn out well. It would have random page numbers in the middle with all of the publishing information on every page. It's quite annoying when listening to the book because it would read this at the end of every "page". Am I just doing it wrong or...?
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
THEBOMB
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2012 5:45:29 PM
At 6/10/2012 1:30:30 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
Does anyone know how to do this well? I tried doing it with the program calibre (to put on my kindle) but the resulting epub/mobi always didn't turn out well. It would have random page numbers in the middle with all of the publishing information on every page. It's quite annoying when listening to the book because it would read this at the end of every "page". Am I just doing it wrong or...?

You're probably doing something wrong...Calibre is good for this.

To get rid of the headers, click the search and replace button, click the magic wandy thingy ma jigger haha, it will show a HTML version of the doc, scroll through until you see something along the lines of <br> 11 <i> of </i> 96 <br> (etc.) highlight and copy the code which is giving you problems and paste it into the Regex Builder Box, then do some simple coding.

If the original looked like this: <br>3 <i>of</i> 96 <br><hr> <i> Title here </i><br>

The new version should look like this: <br> \d+ <i>of</i> \d+ <br><hr> <i> Title here </i><br>

This is just for headers though...

If you need more help, getting rid of annoying sh!t, you'll just have to read the manual...http://manual.calibre-ebook.com...
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2012 11:13:57 PM
At 6/10/2012 5:45:29 PM, THEBOMB wrote:
At 6/10/2012 1:30:30 PM, popculturepooka wrote:

You're probably doing something wrong...Calibre is good for this.

To get rid of the headers, click the search and replace button, click the magic wandy thingy ma jigger haha, it will show a HTML version of the doc, scroll through until you see something along the lines of <br> 11 <i> of </i> 96 <br> (etc.) highlight and copy the code which is giving you problems and paste it into the Regex Builder Box, then do some simple coding.

If the original looked like this: <br>3 <i>of</i> 96 <br><hr> <i> Title here </i><br>

The new version should look like this: <br> \d+ <i>of</i> \d+ <br><hr> <i> Title here </i><br>

This is just for headers though...

If you need more help, getting rid of annoying sh!t, you'll just have to read the manual...http://manual.calibre-ebook.com...

Thanks.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
momoly07
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2013 2:30:57 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Here is a free ebook conversion tool for you.
You can easily convert your ebook from mobi to pdf.

Free Online Ebook Converter
http://www.ebookconverter.net...

It provides you with the best mobi to pdf converting experience.
1dustpelt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2013 5:25:19 PM
Calibre works very well for me.
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
Hosssfly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2013 1:33:29 AM
Amazon has a filter for anyone uploading to Kindle (backlist authors, self pubbed) but you can load a .mobi file that is already formatted and checked. Publishers have several options, the safest of which is to double-check the formatting, So far, at least, the actual Kindle and Kindle PC only seem to let me open one book at a time. Open as in display it, I should qualify that.

Vibosoft mobi to ePub converter is able to convert epubs into mobi without problems. PDF's is another matter. Most PDF files have codes in them that are not easily transferred in other formats, and you often end up with an unreadable file if you try to convert it. PDF is just not a good format for books unless you use the acrobat reader to open it. lean more: http://www.vibosoft.com...