Facebook Covers

Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2012 8:19:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Hey all,
Have you ever made a facebook cover? If so, please show it to us! We'd love to see the work that YOU put into it.

This is one I made today in Photoshop: https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net...
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
stubs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 12:18:09 PM
An atheist is a person that maintains there is no God. That is that the sentence, "God exists." expresses a false proposition. So in no sense of the word am I an atheist just because I deny the existence of Zeus.
Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/25/2012 2:15:49 PM
At 6/25/2012 12:18:09 PM, stubs wrote:
An atheist is a person that maintains there is no God. That is that the sentence, "God exists." expresses a false proposition. So in no sense of the word am I an atheist just because I deny the existence of Zeus.

Using your definition, yes.
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
stubs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2012 9:50:31 AM
At 6/25/2012 2:15:49 PM, Microsuck wrote:

That is the definition haha. According to the encyclopedia of philosophy it is the most common definition.
Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2012 10:02:14 AM
At 6/26/2012 9:50:31 AM, stubs wrote:
At 6/25/2012 2:15:49 PM, Microsuck wrote:

That is the definition haha. According to the encyclopedia of philosophy it is the most common definition.

Not as most atheists understand it.

In Greek "a" means "without" or "not" and "theos" means "god". From this standpoint an atheist would simply be someone without a belief in God, not necessarily someone who believes that God does not exist. According to its Greek roots, then atheism is a negative view, characterized by the absence of a belief in God.

--

The prefix "a" means "without, so the term "a-theism" literally means "without theism", or without belief in a god or gods. Atheism, therefore, is the absence of theistic belief...."Atheism" is a privative term, a term of negation, indicating the opposite of theism...In this context, theism and atheism exhaust all possible alternatives with regard to the belief in a god: one is either a theist or an atheist, there is no other choice.

http://rejectionofpascalswager.net...
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD

stubs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2012 10:11:49 AM
At 6/26/2012 10:02:14 AM, Microsuck wrote:

Not as most atheists understand it.

Who don't most atheists use the actual definition than?

In Greek "a" means "without" or "not" and "theos" means "god". From this standpoint an atheist would simply be someone without a belief in God, not necessarily someone who believes that God does not exist. According to its Greek roots, then atheism is a negative view, characterized by the absence of a belief in God.

--

The prefix "a" means "without, so the term "a-theism" literally means "without theism", or without belief in a god or gods. Atheism, therefore, is the absence of theistic belief...."Atheism" is a privative term, a term of negation, indicating the opposite of theism...In this context, theism and atheism exhaust all possible alternatives with regard to the belief in a god: one is either a theist or an atheist, there is no other choice.

http://rejectionofpascalswager.net...

In that source you gave it says, "the belief that there is no God or a denial that God or gods exist."

I do not deny that God exists. We are not both atheists haha.
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2012 11:21:33 AM
This thread gave me a good hearty chuckle.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/26/2012 12:19:56 PM
Oh...my bad. Thought we were talking about facebook here. I'll just be leaving.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...