Jump to topic:

Oh Google, How I Yearn

airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2012 1:12:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
"Google says it will offer a slower Internet option with no monthly fee for subscribers who pay a $300 installation fee."

A $300 one time payment for internet also sounds pretty groovy.
Debate.org Moderator
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2012 1:20:21 PM
Yeah, use it for 3 years and you'll only pay $8.33/month, for 5mb/s.

Looking at this, freaking awesome.

Plus, all the hardware looks great, compared to fugly cable boxes.

https://fiber.google.com...

I want.

Too bad, next year I'm moving to a more rural area... What would it cost to pay Google to run a fiber optic cable a thousand miles to my house?
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
1dustpelt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2012 3:39:39 PM
Google is evil!
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2012 3:54:25 PM
There was a flap a couple years ago about the whole concept of paying more for better internet service. Some were pushing for a law to make it illegal. Anyone know if such laws were passed ... maybe in some states?
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2012 6:33:06 PM
At 7/26/2012 3:39:39 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:
Google is evil!

Your face is evil. I <3 Google. Just don't ever do anything on the internet that involves any personal, identifying, or secure information, and you're fine.

Except for the fact that the government still watches everything you do. Look at the little power light on your monitor and wave Hi to Big Brother.
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2012 6:34:11 PM
At 7/26/2012 3:54:25 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
There was a flap a couple years ago about the whole concept of paying more for better internet service. Some were pushing for a law to make it illegal. Anyone know if such laws were passed ... maybe in some states?

No idea.

I just think everybody should buy Google computers, phones, internet, tv, use Google software, run Google OS, and in every way possible be slave to the pretty multi-colored letters.
daytonanerd
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2012 7:00:00 PM
At 7/26/2012 6:34:11 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 7/26/2012 3:54:25 PM, RoyLatham wrote:

No idea.

I just think everybody should buy Google computers, phones, internet, tv, use Google software, run Google OS, and in every way possible be slave to the pretty multi-colored letters.

Finally, something besides the search engine that Google actually made BETTER. Screw you 300 MB/S FiOS Quantum, I'm going 1 gig for Google!
#FeeltheFreezerBern
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 7:20:00 AM
At 8/3/2012 7:19:02 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
A person with Google Fiber downloaded 15 HD movies while reading this thread...

lulpirate

Anyways, this is BULLSH!T. FVCK Kansas city. BRING IT TO FLORIDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Not that I'm complaining about my 40 mb/s download speed, BUT THIS IS SOOOOO CHEAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush