Jump to topic:

Chrome is Fast

HelterSkelter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2012 8:00:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
This topic is kind of random, but I've been using Firefox Aurora for the past few months and I switched to Chrome today a few hours ago. Chrome is insanely fast.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2012 8:43:30 PM
Yeah it really is, and I didnt even realize how slow Firefox was until I got Chrome. I really don't get how the speed can be so different. Hopefully they get a faster FF in the future.

But Firefox is faster at loading videos.
Godsconservativegirl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2012 12:54:53 PM
See, Firefox 3.6 was great, until they forced me to update to firefox 12 and it's horrible. I download chrome and it's so much better and faster.
"John 3:16 For God so Loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believeth on him shall not perish, but shall have ever lasting life."

God'sconservativegirl :)
1dustpelt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2012 4:42:47 PM
I use Comodo Dragan which is based on the same code as Chrome so it is equally as fast.

Difference is Comodo doesn't track your data like Google does, so it is better. I stopped using Chrome when I learned that Google tracks what you type in Chrome and links it to your account.

Basically

Firefox: Getting worse
Chrome: No change
Comodo: Getting better
Internet Explorer: Getting better(Seriously the Beta version 10 is even faster than Chrome, but I don't use betas, so untill the beta becomes stable, I will not use IE.
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2012 2:37:17 AM
At 8/8/2012 4:42:47 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:
I use Comodo Dragan which is based on the same code as Chrome so it is equally as fast.

Difference is Comodo doesn't track your data like Google does, so it is better. I stopped using Chrome when I learned that Google tracks what you type in Chrome and links it to your account.

Basically

Firefox: Getting worse
Chrome: No change
Comodo: Getting better
Internet Explorer: Getting better(Seriously the Beta version 10 is even faster than Chrome, but I don't use betas, so untill the beta becomes stable, I will not use IE.

I could give a rat's arse about what data Google has of me.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
1dustpelt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2012 2:17:16 PM
The open source version of Chrome: Chromium is faster, and it is open source.
www.chromiumproject.org

Main build download link:
http://o-o---preferred---ord12s14---v21---lscache6.c.bigcache.googleapis.com...
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.