Jump to topic:

Best Search Engine

chrumbelievable
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2012 10:03:08 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Since the demise of "Ask Jeeves," Google has been the end-all and be-all of search engines.

Lately, however, Bing has been giving them a run for their money, especially with their new "Bing It On" challenge.

Which search engine do you use most?

I don't think I've ever used Bing in my life, and don't really have any desire to. If you do you use Bing, how and why is it better than Google?
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2012 10:03:35 AM
Duck Duck Go.

Except when I want to be bubbled.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2012 10:04:46 AM
At 10/12/2012 10:03:35 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
Duck Duck Go.

Except when I want to be bubbled.

Same here.
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2012 9:36:39 AM
What's Ask Jeeves?
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2012 9:41:07 AM
At 10/14/2012 9:36:39 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
What's Ask Jeeves?

http://uk.ask.com...

I remember when I was younger, I was so sad when Jeeves disappeared :(

Luckily, he's back.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2012 12:03:48 PM
At 10/14/2012 9:36:39 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
What's Ask Jeeves?

The first popular intuitive search engine. Back when search engines were really irritating, and just returned a bunch of irrelevant bullshiit, Ask Jeeves was like, ask me a question -- so, you be a smartasss, and ask it a question -- and he'd literally answer it with relevant sites. And you're like, yes. The world is in my hands. It was essential in high school. But, indeed, we dreamed of a Google. Kids these days, they don't know how good they have it. I remember when kids still wrote pages and pages of essays by hand, after making library dates with their parents to research nonsense. Amg. Kids these days can find anything on the internet. Research the shiit out of everything in the world.
1dustpelt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2012 3:20:43 PM
I started to use Bing after I did the "Bing it On" challenge because I found it has better results, has nice social features, I get free gift cards and movie rentals from using it, incorporates media better than Google.
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2012 3:37:06 PM
I love Google. I don't think I'll ever change. Besides, I use Gmail, etc., so it's easier to have Google as my homepage.
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2012 3:40:57 PM
DuckDuckGo.com is more scholarly and Google is more everyday.
But we try to pretend, you see, that the external world exists altogether independently of us.
- - - Watts
The moralist is the person who tells people that they ought to be unselfish, when they still feel like egos, and his efforts are always and invariably futile.
- - - Watts
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2012 3:47:57 PM
At 10/14/2012 3:20:43 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:
I started to use Bing after I did the "Bing it On" challenge because I found it has better results, has nice social features, I get free gift cards and movie rentals from using it, incorporates media better than Google.

4/5 times I picked Google.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2012 4:00:02 PM
At 10/14/2012 3:40:57 PM, CrazyPerson wrote:
DuckDuckGo.com is more scholarly and Google is more everyday.

Well, in Google's defense, they offer Google Scholar:

http://scholar.google.com...

and Google Books:

http://books.google.com...

for that purpose.
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2012 4:03:37 PM
At 10/14/2012 3:20:43 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:

Really. Free gift cards? I'm sold.