Mac VS Pc

Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/29/2009 9:14:07 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Heart macs in terms of design.

But when it comes to doing anything outside browsers and certain apps they are a b**** unless you want to pay to install windows on the mac too.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2009 9:14:34 AM
Macs are overrated. I think people who don't know anything about computers (myself included) walk around saying, "Oh Macs are better. They never crash. It's harder to put viruses on them." etc. And yet these people don't know what they're talking about; they're just reciting what they heard. Anyway, like Panda I prefer PC just because that's what I grew up with and is what's the most familiar to me (and I suck with computers). I feel very uncomfortable on Macs and don't really like their set-up. They are cute though lol :)
President of DDO
MTGandP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2009 9:20:06 AM
I use a Mac and I like Macs better. My Mac still has bugs, but it's a lot fewer than on any PC that I've had in the past. Macs have better support for computer programming. I would be okay with using a PC.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2009 11:48:17 AM
At 9/30/2009 9:20:06 AM, MTGandP wrote:
I use a Mac and I like Macs better. My Mac still has bugs, but it's a lot fewer than on any PC that I've had in the past. Macs have better support for computer programming. I would be okay with using a PC.

Enjoy that new strategy game! Oh wait >:)
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
BrandonClark
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2009 4:25:03 PM
At 9/30/2009 11:48:17 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

I will enjoy my new strategy game that I totally don't need a PC for, you little prick.
BLACKHAWKS 6-5 lN OVERTIME!!!
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2009 1:46:47 PM
At 9/30/2009 4:25:03 PM, BrandonClark wrote:
At 9/30/2009 11:48:17 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

I will enjoy my new strategy game that I totally don't need a PC for, you little prick.

Oh, the one I got a year earlier?
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
comoncents
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2009 9:54:57 PM

amen, and i do have windows for mac
beem0r
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/4/2009 10:48:03 PM
First, despite the retarded advertisements Apple has created, Macs are PC's. PC does not mean Windows machine. It just means "personal computer."

Semantics aside, Macs are horribly overpriced for the same hardware, (some other PC manufacturers are as well). Also, the Mac OS can be put on almost any other PC via one of the various hackintosh projects.

Not that the OS is really worth anything. If you don't need your OS to be Windows and you want stability, just use Linux. There are plenty of distributions that are both easy to use and stable.
daniel_t
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2009 7:40:40 AM
In 1984 I had the opportunity to upgrade from my TRS-80 4K level 1 (with a cassette recorder for storage.) My choices were a computer with a 5-1/4" floppy and MS-DOS or a Macintosh with a mouse, 3-1/2" floppy and a GUI. I chose to buy the more advanced machine.

When Apple switched to unix for Mac OS X, it was so radically different that I almost switched to Windows OS, but once again I decided to go with the more advanced OS.

Maybe one day, Apple will make another radical change and I will revisit my decision. I will likely take the more advanced option. Will it be Apple yet again?
bigtree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2010 10:06:25 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 9/29/2009 1:21:11 PM, comoncents wrote:
I love Mac.

What do you prefer, and why?
Mac? What's wrong with you? PC is waaay better! It has 1000x more functionalityt and customizability.
lziggyrun12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2010 6:36:19 PM
I have always used PC, and Ive just never had the money to switch over to Mac. As I know it, Mac makes the viruses that are currently infect PC. XP is pretty nice, Vista is just a horrible program.. So overall, I do prefer Mac.
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2010 6:53:45 PM
PC

Easier hardware upgrades, more programs, habit, better GUI, etc.
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2010 7:33:30 PM
At 11/9/2009 9:05:26 AM, tkubok wrote:
PC > Mac any day.

Ill ask a Mac Laptop user.

Without a mouse.

Try to right click.

OWNED.

Fail.

cmd - click on a mac is a right click,

or...

you can turn on right click in the settings in about 15 seconds. The exact same way you can turn it off on a PC.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"