Total Posts:23|Showing Posts:1-23
Jump to topic:

Are refurbished laptops just as good as new?

truthseeker613
Posts: 464
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2012 11:52:24 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Are refurbished laptops just as good as new?
http://www.nydailynews.com...

royalpaladin: I'd rather support people who kill spies than a nation that organizes assassination squads (Kidon) to illegally enter into other nations and kill anybody who is not a Zionist. Who knows when they'll kill me for the crime of not supporting Israel?

Koopin: LOL! I just imagine Royal sitting in here apartment at night, when suddenly she hears a man outside speaking Hebrew as sh
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Posts: 2,900
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2012 11:54:20 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
No.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2012 12:41:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Ya I had a refurbished gateway for 4 year's, never had a problem with it and got a great price
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2012 12:53:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Having said that, be sure it's certified refurbished and you get it from a reputable dealer.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Koopin
Posts: 12,090
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2012 1:06:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/12/2012 12:41:45 PM, lewis20 wrote:
Ya I had a refurbished gateway for 4 year's, never had a problem with it and got a great price

How much?
kfc
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2012 5:40:50 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/12/2012 1:06:38 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 10/12/2012 12:41:45 PM, lewis20 wrote:
Ya I had a refurbished gateway for 4 year's, never had a problem with it and got a great price

How much?

mine was 900, new for the same specs was 1500+
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Chicken
Posts: 1,296
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2012 6:17:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/12/2012 5:40:50 PM, lewis20 wrote:
At 10/12/2012 1:06:38 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 10/12/2012 12:41:45 PM, lewis20 wrote:
Ya I had a refurbished gateway for 4 year's, never had a problem with it and got a great price

How much?

mine was 900, new for the same specs was 1500+

900 for a refurbished laptop is overpriced unless it's an overpriced laptop (Macbook Pro). I don't see why you should spend $900 on a refurbished laptop when you can buy a new one can for $750-$900. Saves money, and you will end up getting a better laptop
Disciple of Koopin
Right Hand Chicken of the Grand Poobah DDO Vice President FREEDO

Servant of Kfc
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2012 7:59:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/12/2012 6:17:16 PM, Chicken wrote:
At 10/12/2012 5:40:50 PM, lewis20 wrote:
At 10/12/2012 1:06:38 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 10/12/2012 12:41:45 PM, lewis20 wrote:
Ya I had a refurbished gateway for 4 year's, never had a problem with it and got a great price

How much?

mine was 900, new for the same specs was 1500+

900 for a refurbished laptop is overpriced unless it's an overpriced laptop (Macbook Pro). I don't see why you should spend $900 on a refurbished laptop when you can buy a new one can for $750-$900. Saves money, and you will end up getting a better laptop

Just said it was 1500 dollar computer. At the time it rivaled the high end macbook pro. Obviously you can get a brand new computer for 300 if you wanted.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
sadolite
Posts: 8,834
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2012 9:03:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Yes, until it fails to function anymore. The same could be said for a new one. They are both hit or miss. Who cares about a guarantee if it's going to break. I'd rather have a well built one that doesn't break and no guarantee.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/13/2012 11:59:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/12/2012 9:03:38 PM, sadolite wrote:
Yes, until it fails to function anymore. The same could be said for a new one. They are both hit or miss. Who cares about a guarantee if it's going to break. I'd rather have a well built one that doesn't break and no guarantee.

If you want to be sure its best quality build a costume computer and pick your own components
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2012 9:16:54 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/12/2012 7:59:28 PM, lewis20 wrote:
At 10/12/2012 6:17:16 PM, Chicken wrote:
At 10/12/2012 5:40:50 PM, lewis20 wrote:
At 10/12/2012 1:06:38 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 10/12/2012 12:41:45 PM, lewis20 wrote:
Ya I had a refurbished gateway for 4 year's, never had a problem with it and got a great price

How much?

mine was 900, new for the same specs was 1500+

900 for a refurbished laptop is overpriced unless it's an overpriced laptop (Macbook Pro). I don't see why you should spend $900 on a refurbished laptop when you can buy a new one can for $750-$900. Saves money, and you will end up getting a better laptop

Just said it was 1500 dollar computer. At the time it rivaled the high end macbook pro. Obviously you can get a brand new computer for 300 if you wanted.

The MacBook is high end?
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Posts: 2,900
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2012 9:23:59 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/14/2012 9:16:54 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 10/12/2012 7:59:28 PM, lewis20 wrote:
Just said it was 1500 dollar computer. At the time it rivaled the high end macbook pro. Obviously you can get a brand new computer for 300 if you wanted.

The MacBook is high end?

The MacBook is on the high end of cost.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2012 9:35:14 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/14/2012 9:23:59 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
At 10/14/2012 9:16:54 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 10/12/2012 7:59:28 PM, lewis20 wrote:
Just said it was 1500 dollar computer. At the time it rivaled the high end macbook pro. Obviously you can get a brand new computer for 300 if you wanted.

The MacBook is high end?

The MacBook is on the high end of cost.
But not on power.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2012 11:42:21 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/14/2012 9:35:14 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 10/14/2012 9:23:59 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
At 10/14/2012 9:16:54 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 10/12/2012 7:59:28 PM, lewis20 wrote:
Just said it was 1500 dollar computer. At the time it rivaled the high end macbook pro. Obviously you can get a brand new computer for 300 if you wanted.

The MacBook is high end?

The MacBook is on the high end of cost.
But not on power.

Its overpriced but you can't say its not powerful.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2012 11:44:20 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/12/2012 5:40:50 PM, lewis20 wrote:
At 10/12/2012 1:06:38 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 10/12/2012 12:41:45 PM, lewis20 wrote:
Ya I had a refurbished gateway for 4 year's, never had a problem with it and got a great price

How much?

mine was 900, new for the same specs was 1500+

$900 - $1500+ for a Gateway?

I can't even begin to imagine such a computer.

An Asus convertible is $900, and that's the best computer I've ever heard of.
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2012 11:52:47 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/12/2012 11:52:24 AM, truthseeker613 wrote:
Are refurbished laptops just as good as new?

Refurbished laptops are gambles. Sometimes, you get refurbies from persnickety people that threw a bittch-fit over a scuff or scratch on a new purchase. There's also those that occur due to a minor hardware issue, such as a loose wire or a bad battery, that couldn't convince the customer to mail it in to get it fixed.

However, there does seem to be a fair proportion of those with major system error or barely explicable functional disorders that are finagled into operability, rendering them ticking timebombs that will give you the blue screen the very first time you run too many programs at once.

They all have warranties, and they're usually a year or something like that, and if you get two or three shiitty ones in a row, most companies will just send you a new one... so, ultimately, it comes down to whether you want to deal with the hassle that a refurbished computer could potentially result in, in a exchange for +-30% reduction in price.
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2012 11:55:16 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/14/2012 11:44:20 AM, Ren wrote:
At 10/12/2012 5:40:50 PM, lewis20 wrote:
At 10/12/2012 1:06:38 PM, Koopin wrote:
At 10/12/2012 12:41:45 PM, lewis20 wrote:
Ya I had a refurbished gateway for 4 year's, never had a problem with it and got a great price

How much?

mine was 900, new for the same specs was 1500+

$900 - $1500+ for a Gateway?

I can't even begin to imagine such a computer.

An Asus convertible is $900, and that's the best computer I've ever heard of.

You're kidding right? Take my word for it, I know a lot about computers and it was a great deal. Also that's the best computer you've heard of? Give me the specs and I'll give you a comp to blow it out of the water.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
1dustpelt
Posts: 1,970
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2012 3:21:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
yes.
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2012 3:58:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/14/2012 11:42:21 AM, lewis20 wrote:
At 10/14/2012 9:35:14 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 10/14/2012 9:23:59 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
At 10/14/2012 9:16:54 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 10/12/2012 7:59:28 PM, lewis20 wrote:
Just said it was 1500 dollar computer. At the time it rivaled the high end macbook pro. Obviously you can get a brand new computer for 300 if you wanted.

The MacBook is high end?

The MacBook is on the high end of cost.
But not on power.

Its overpriced but you can't say its not powerful.

CPU: Intel" Core" i7-3820 Quad-Core 3.60 GHz 10MB Intel Smart Cache LGA2011 (All Venom OC Certified)
HDD: 2TB (2TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)
MEMORY: 16GB (4GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Quad Channel Memory (Corsair or Major Brand)
MOTHERBOARD: (3-Way SLI Support) ASUS P9X79 LE Intel X79 Chipset Quad Channel DDR3 ATX w/ UEFI Bios, Remote GO!, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, SATA-III RAID, 3 Gen3 PCIe X16, 2 PCIe X1 & 1 PCI (All Venom OC Certified)
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti 2GB 16X PCIe Video Card (EVGA Superclocked)

All for 1,199.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2012 6:34:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/14/2012 3:58:22 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 10/14/2012 11:42:21 AM, lewis20 wrote:
At 10/14/2012 9:35:14 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 10/14/2012 9:23:59 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
At 10/14/2012 9:16:54 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 10/12/2012 7:59:28 PM, lewis20 wrote:
Just said it was 1500 dollar computer. At the time it rivaled the high end macbook pro. Obviously you can get a brand new computer for 300 if you wanted.

The MacBook is high end?

The MacBook is on the high end of cost.
But not on power.

Its overpriced but you can't say its not powerful.

CPU: Intel" Core" i7-3820 Quad-Core 3.60 GHz 10MB Intel Smart Cache LGA2011 (All Venom OC Certified)
HDD: 2TB (2TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)
MEMORY: 16GB (4GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Quad Channel Memory (Corsair or Major Brand)
MOTHERBOARD: (3-Way SLI Support) ASUS P9X79 LE Intel X79 Chipset Quad Channel DDR3 ATX w/ UEFI Bios, Remote GO!, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, SATA-III RAID, 3 Gen3 PCIe X16, 2 PCIe X1 & 1 PCI (All Venom OC Certified)
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti 2GB 16X PCIe Video Card (EVGA Superclocked)

All for 1,199.

Where's that?
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2012 6:41:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/14/2012 6:34:57 PM, lewis20 wrote:
At 10/14/2012 3:58:22 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 10/14/2012 11:42:21 AM, lewis20 wrote:
At 10/14/2012 9:35:14 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 10/14/2012 9:23:59 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
At 10/14/2012 9:16:54 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 10/12/2012 7:59:28 PM, lewis20 wrote:
Just said it was 1500 dollar computer. At the time it rivaled the high end macbook pro. Obviously you can get a brand new computer for 300 if you wanted.

The MacBook is high end?

The MacBook is on the high end of cost.
But not on power.

Its overpriced but you can't say its not powerful.

CPU: Intel" Core" i7-3820 Quad-Core 3.60 GHz 10MB Intel Smart Cache LGA2011 (All Venom OC Certified)
HDD: 2TB (2TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)
MEMORY: 16GB (4GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Quad Channel Memory (Corsair or Major Brand)
MOTHERBOARD: (3-Way SLI Support) ASUS P9X79 LE Intel X79 Chipset Quad Channel DDR3 ATX w/ UEFI Bios, Remote GO!, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, SATA-III RAID, 3 Gen3 PCIe X16, 2 PCIe X1 & 1 PCI (All Venom OC Certified)
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti 2GB 16X PCIe Video Card (EVGA Superclocked)

All for 1,199.

Where's that?

That's a desktop.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2012 6:47:14 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 10/14/2012 6:41:35 PM, lewis20 wrote:
At 10/14/2012 6:34:57 PM, lewis20 wrote:
At 10/14/2012 3:58:22 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 10/14/2012 11:42:21 AM, lewis20 wrote:
At 10/14/2012 9:35:14 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 10/14/2012 9:23:59 AM, AlwaysMoreThanYou wrote:
At 10/14/2012 9:16:54 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 10/12/2012 7:59:28 PM, lewis20 wrote:
Just said it was 1500 dollar computer. At the time it rivaled the high end macbook pro. Obviously you can get a brand new computer for 300 if you wanted.

The MacBook is high end?

The MacBook is on the high end of cost.
But not on power.

Its overpriced but you can't say its not powerful.

CPU: Intel" Core" i7-3820 Quad-Core 3.60 GHz 10MB Intel Smart Cache LGA2011 (All Venom OC Certified)
HDD: 2TB (2TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)
MEMORY: 16GB (4GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Quad Channel Memory (Corsair or Major Brand)
MOTHERBOARD: (3-Way SLI Support) ASUS P9X79 LE Intel X79 Chipset Quad Channel DDR3 ATX w/ UEFI Bios, Remote GO!, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, SATA-III RAID, 3 Gen3 PCIe X16, 2 PCIe X1 & 1 PCI (All Venom OC Certified)
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 Ti 2GB 16X PCIe Video Card (EVGA Superclocked)

All for 1,199.

Where's that?

That's a desktop.

Oh, you meant laptops. That makes just a little more sense.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush