Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2012 9:42:41 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
iPhone is more reliable
Better apps
Easier to use
Better music apps
The 4s is faster then android--the 5 is faster then the 4s (http://appadvice.com...)
etc.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2012 10:21:26 AM
At 10/24/2012 9:42:41 AM, 16kadams wrote:
iPhone is more reliable
Better apps
Easier to use
Better music apps
That's like, your opinion man.

For quantitative reasons Android is better than the iphone I give you..
Near field communication.
Mobile high definition link
Quad Core processing
Expandable memory
Wireless charging
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2012 5:19:03 PM
At 10/24/2012 10:21:26 AM, lewis20 wrote:
iPhone is more reliable
Better apps
Easier to use
Better music apps

Quad Core processing
Expandable memory
Wireless charging

The only thing that interests me there is the wireless charging.

And it's a fact it's easier to use an iPhone--I've used both.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2012 5:53:26 PM
At 10/24/2012 5:19:03 PM, 16kadams wrote:

It's a fact that it's easier to use an android--I've used both.

We're back to square one.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2012 5:58:24 PM
At 10/24/2012 5:53:26 PM, lewis20 wrote:

It's a fact that it's easier to use an android--I've used both.

We're back to square one.

iPhones are shiny. I win.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2012 10:59:45 PM
I'm turning into such an Android fanboy.

iPhone is more reliable
Better apps

More apps. Not better apps.

Easier to use

I completely disagree. I have one word for you: widget.

Better music apps

What's a music app? Oh, you mean iTunes?
Rofl.

The 4s is faster then android--the 5 is faster then the 4s (http://appadvice.com...)
etc.

The 4S is a phone. Android is an Operating System.
You and your link can GTFO.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2012 11:01:36 PM
At 10/23/2012 12:46:34 PM, chrumbelievable wrote:
Initial question: iPhone or Android?

If Android, which smartphone is the best?

Android is superior to iOS (see my upcoming debate)

The Galaxy S3 is my favourite (and the 4G model has the among the highest specs) but HTC do some damn sexy phones too...

Muh threads
tmar19652
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/31/2012 3:51:07 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/24/2012 10:21:26 AM, lewis20 wrote:
iPhone is more reliable
Better apps
Easier to use
Better music apps

Quad Core processing
Expandable memory
Wireless charging

The only thing that interests me there is the wireless charging.

It is a fact that that is an opinion.
"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first." -Ronald Reagan

"The notion of political correctness declares certain topics, certain ex<x>pressions even certain gestures off-limits. What began as a crusade for civility has soured into a cause of conflict and even censorship." -George H.W. Bush
Ramshutu
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2013 4:38:10 PM
There is no right answer. There are ways in which Android is better, and vice versa.

Useability:
Apple is arguabley easier to use for a complete novice, as it has a highly restricted set of controls. It does not hide anything you can do.

However, if your more of an advanced user, and want to do things like modify settings, controls, and the like, android is actually easier to use as the menu ability allows you to really get to the advanced stuff without having to hunt for it.

The back control is actually really nice, there is an equivalent for the iphone, but having a dedicated key, is actually one of the nicer things.

However, on android, Auto-correct sucks more than any other thing you can imagine. Writing "Im" autocorrects to "Important", rather than "I'm"

There are a lot of features in android that are really neat though, app management being a key one that I like, integrated downloads and the like simply blow ios away.

Speed:
iPhone is generally faster, although this is to do with the phone, rather than the operating system itself.

Oponeness:
This is not covered regularly, but android is vastly, vastly, vastly superior in terms of openess. It's a lot easier to move things around using USB, to expand memory using SD cards. You don't have to jump through hoops to move things about, or do your own thing. One of the key things for this, is that apps can actually do more because they are not limited by restrictions.

Screen size:
The larger screens of galaxy are really, really nice. Going back to the iPod from a galaxy seems teeny tiny. The screen size does help improve usability and experience.

Stability:
iOS is no more or less stable, I have had apps and the like crash more on ios than the equivalent versions on android, although it has gotten better on ios with later versions. The main difference is, that ios is a little better at dealing with it when it occurs; mainly in that it completely hides that there has been an issue, whereas android generally tells you that there has been a problem.

Multi-tasking:
This doesn't show up a lot, but can make a big difference on some apps. I play a couple of games that load up using the internet when they start. iOS automatically starts them, but when using ios multi-tasking, the app is restarted every time. Android genuinely keeps the app open, and while it takes a little more battery, it reduces that re-load time. I actually really like multi-tasking on android, but most of the time you may not notice the difference.
tmar19652
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2013 5:42:10 PM
At 1/1/2013 4:38:10 PM, Ramshutu wrote:
There is no right answer. There are ways in which Android is better, and vice versa.

Useability:
Apple is arguabley easier to use for a complete novice, as it has a highly restricted set of controls. It does not hide anything you can do.

However, if your more of an advanced user, and want to do things like modify settings, controls, and the like, android is actually easier to use as the menu ability allows you to really get to the advanced stuff without having to hunt for it.

The back control is actually really nice, there is an equivalent for the iphone, but having a dedicated key, is actually one of the nicer things.

However, on android, Auto-correct sucks more than any other thing you can imagine. Writing "Im" autocorrects to "Important", rather than "I'm"

There are a lot of features in android that are really neat though, app management being a key one that I like, integrated downloads and the like simply blow ios away.

Speed:
iPhone is generally faster, although this is to do with the phone, rather than the operating system itself.

Oponeness:
This is not covered regularly, but android is vastly, vastly, vastly superior in terms of openess. It's a lot easier to move things around using USB, to expand memory using SD cards. You don't have to jump through hoops to move things about, or do your own thing. One of the key things for this, is that apps can actually do more because they are not limited by restrictions.

Screen size:
The larger screens of galaxy are really, really nice. Going back to the iPod from a galaxy seems teeny tiny. The screen size does help improve usability and experience.

Stability:
iOS is no more or less stable, I have had apps and the like crash more on ios than the equivalent versions on android, although it has gotten better on ios with later versions. The main difference is, that ios is a little better at dealing with it when it occurs; mainly in that it completely hides that there has been an issue, whereas android generally tells you that there has been a problem.

Multi-tasking:
This doesn't show up a lot, but can make a big difference on some apps. I play a couple of games that load up using the internet when they start. iOS automatically starts them, but when using ios multi-tasking, the app is restarted every time. Android genuinely keeps the app open, and while it takes a little more battery, it reduces that re-load time. I actually really like multi-tasking on android, but most of the time you may not notice the difference.

I love my galaxy note 2 because I can root it and overclock it, you can also load ROMs and kernels that use less system resources. I do not agree with you saying that Iphone is faster, as top-of-the-line android phones get higher benchmark scores, and perform better in general.
"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first." -Ronald Reagan

"The notion of political correctness declares certain topics, certain ex<x>pressions even certain gestures off-limits. What began as a crusade for civility has soured into a cause of conflict and even censorship." -George H.W. Bush
Clash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2013 10:02:52 AM
I would say that Android is better than iPhone. I'm specifically talking about Samsung Galaxy S III and iPhone 5. I have used and tried both of these two amazing phones, and I have to say that Samsung Galaxy S III is slightly better. Of course, this is just my opinion.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2013 10:46:01 AM
It's a phone. The only real difference that you will notice is the price tag.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
1dustpelt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2013 12:13:23 PM
The Nokia Lumia 920 is good. Windows Phone is better than both Android and iPhone, and costs less.
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
debator1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/2/2013 2:52:16 PM
Android Samsung Galaxy Note II is beast.

BTW, please visit my debate with M4sterDeb8er about the Note 2 vs. the iPhone 5.

Debate: http://www.debate.org...

Thanks!
Never let life kill your spark!
tmar19652
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2013 6:17:57 PM
http://www.debate.org...

1dustpelt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2013 9:26:27 AM
At 1/2/2013 12:13:23 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:
The Nokia Lumia 920 is good. Windows Phone is better than both Android and iPhone, and costs less.
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2013 11:21:59 PM
At 1/4/2013 9:26:27 AM, 1dustpelt wrote:
At 1/2/2013 12:13:23 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:

My S3 will eat your Lumia and sh!t it out.
/androidfanboy

Muh threads
Vicwat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2013 11:31:03 PM

I highly recommend using Android , I am having Galaxy SIII and it has better battery life as compared to iPhone. It can be hook up to USB keyboards and mice. Best thing it has widgets the add on program that run on home screen. Very stylish and trendy look.
Mobile phones should have good UI and user experience. For more details visit us: http://www.chesstelecom.com...
SarcasticIndeed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2013 4:40:47 PM
I love my Note II. It's amazing in every way, and I don't really like iPhones, so yup, android all the way.
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2013 4:21:49 PM
The best thing that ever happened to me was when I literally, but accidentally baked my apple 3s in the oven. It was crashing all the time and the battery was going bad. Here is why Android wins hands down.

1. Don't have to use that absolutely horrid iTunes software on the computer.
2. Can buy a back up battery for less than $20.
3. Added 64 additional gigs of memory to my samsung GSII
4. I can talk to to Google's voice recognition and it knows what one is saying.
5. Android has allows competition as far as where you want to buy media from.
6. Don't need that stupid proprietary plug for apple.

Anyone who thinks apple is better, has simply just not done a good honest side by side user comparison.
andrew.denslow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2013 12:37:22 AM
Android is much better then the iphone. For one price it's gonna cost alot, even with a contract, to get a new iphone. Android has a variety of phones from many manufacturers to fit anyone's needs. As far as apps are concerned Apple may have android beat currently but it's because the iphones have been around a bit longer then android has but if you look at the statistics androids marketplace is growing at a much faster rate then apples app store. It's not going to be long till they overtake apple in that department. Google also designed the android OS to be open source which allows people to make their own version of the OS and modify it if they want but with Apple you can't do that at all, well you could try but you would probably brick the device. In turn I believe both phones are great but if i had to choose it would be android for googles stunning reputation and their constant need to evolve ahead of the technology world. In a few years google will be so far ahead of apple that the iphone will be retired and apple will stick to making laptops and other computers which is where they thrive.
Lixing
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2013 10:21:50 AM
I think that Android cannot be compared with Iphone as Iphone has its own special feature more than Android. Not only the feature, but also its outlook's design.
LogicalLunatic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2014 10:11:20 PM
Posted: 2 years ago

A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...
Gump
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2014 10:11:52 PM
I once jizzed on an iphone and it broke, in no way should you buy one. Get an android phone as they survived plenty of me jizz.
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2014 9:28:35 PM
I just bought the iphone 6 today, and I have never been more impressed with a phone. It exceeded my expectations by a lot, and it is more of an improvement from the 5s, than the 5s was from the 4s.

Apple all the way!!
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2014 9:33:06 PM
People only hate on Apple because they can't afford their products, so they go out of their way to justify their lackluster phone so they can sleep better at night... Just saying.
harrybajwa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2014 7:06:47 AM
Both are good but i would like to recommend Android phone. At present i have window phone and it works good.
Effective SEO Packages: Search Engine Optimization California At Q-vantage.com
Gump
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2014 9:31:46 PM
At 10/15/2014 7:06:47 AM, harrybajwa wrote:
Both are good but i would like to recommend Android phone. At present i have window phone and it works good.

Scamer and Pedophilic priest