Jump to topic:

Getting around a VPN

innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2012 2:38:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Anyone know how? I used to be able to get around it by using FireFox, but they figured it out, and extended the VPN rules to that. I'm now blocked from Facebook and such, and even though they will probably know that I'm on a bad site, I doubt they'd care about Facebook, they don't care at all about DDO, and it's not even blocked.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2012 3:28:41 PM
At 10/23/2012 2:59:33 PM, Koopin wrote:
You cant just use a proxy?

Proxy won't work on a VPN, a proxy will let me get around my internet provider, but not a VPN.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2012 3:38:46 PM
At 10/23/2012 3:28:41 PM, innomen wrote:

Proxy won't work on a VPN, a proxy will let me get around my internet provider, but not a VPN.:

I'm the tech retard, my apologies. Is a VPN a firewall installed by, say, an employer to limit what people can and can't view at work?
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2012 4:01:24 PM
At 10/23/2012 3:38:46 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 10/23/2012 3:28:41 PM, innomen wrote:

Proxy won't work on a VPN, a proxy will let me get around my internet provider, but not a VPN.:

I'm the tech retard, my apologies. Is a VPN a firewall installed by, say, an employer to limit what people can and can't view at work?

Sort of. It's a little more than a firewall though, I actually have to turn it on in order to access my intranet and various proprietary functions. It pushes the internet through their server in Ill, and it essentially routes everything I do on the internet through them. When I turn it off, I can then access anything I want, but throughout the day I really need it on.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2012 4:03:53 PM
At 10/23/2012 3:45:35 PM, blameworthy wrote:
You should be able to choose which traffic is directed through the VPN. Google it.

Ha! I tried that and they blocked it! I'll try looking at it when I turn it off later.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2012 5:54:41 PM
Are you at work?
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2012 6:12:48 PM
At 10/23/2012 2:38:54 PM, innomen wrote:
Anyone know how? I used to be able to get around it by using FireFox, but they figured it out, and extended the VPN rules to that. I'm now blocked from Facebook and such, and even though they will probably know that I'm on a bad site, I doubt they'd care about Facebook, they don't care at all about DDO, and it's not even blocked.

There are a few things you could try...

First, can you directly access the website through it's IP?
http://boingboing.net...

Can you install a VPN within the VPN? (VPNception)

Let me think on it a bit... You should get a phone you can tether from and just use the internet that way. :/
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2012 2:54:10 AM
At 10/23/2012 6:12:48 PM, tvellalott wrote:

Let me think on it a bit... You should get a phone you can tether from and just use the internet that way. :/

I can install nothing, it's not my laptop, but the company's.
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2012 3:21:07 AM
At 10/24/2012 2:54:10 AM, innomen wrote:

I can install nothing, it's not my laptop, but the company's.

so you want admin access to your laptop. Mhmm, we have the same problem at school. There are a variety of not so legal things you can do to get it, but I doubt you're that desperate. Can you run the command prompt? And do system files work? (.vbs .dll .bat etc) Also, can you access the registry or system 32 folder? If you can do any of those, then you can control the entire VPN.
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
bradhaddin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/12/2016 5:13:08 AM
Posted: 7 months ago

First, can you directly access the website through this.
https://www.ivacy.com...

I have used many VPN but some how they are unable to fulfill the usage of VPN but recently I have joined Ivacy VPN it is great for all purpose specially gives fastest speed for 1.83/month. I recommend my friends to join this VPN software and use internet freely.
Dragon_of_Christ
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2016 11:07:07 AM
The use of windows registry files might work but don't use the ip adress trick, you will only get to the main page.

Use google catche.

But the only problem with it is that it won't retrive pictures or games of any kind really.
Jesus loves you.

////////////

-Funny Links-
http://tinyurl.com...
http://tinyurl.com...

Stupid atheist remarks #: 6
SkyLeach
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2016 11:11:55 AM
Check your routing table. The routing table tells the operating system which gateways to send packets to for routing. VPNs generally modify the routing table to make everything go through them. This is usually just being lazy, but sometimes it's nefarious because they are spying on your traffic even when it's none of their damned business.

VPNs can give you access to certain things, such as a closed network. If you know the legitimate addresses of the machines on the VPN, you can redirect just those routes to use the VPN and shove your own default gateway (a home router for instance) on the top of the routing stack. In this way everything except what you want to go to the private network goes through the 'normal' non-VPN route.
Math is just another language, however one without analogy.

- http://arxiv.org...
Dirty.Harry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2016 3:22:19 PM
Posted: 2 months ago

First, who are "they" and second why did they take steps to thwart you at all?
SummerHaze
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2016 11:35:15 AM
Posted: 1 month ago
If you want better privacy protection, enhanced security from hackers, identity thieves and malware, and speed, then a VPN service is a good option. For instance, I always use free vpn software that found at https://www.bestvpnrating.com... . It is important to protect yourself when you use the internet because hackers are becoming cleverer and coyer.
peterbuttler
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2016 12:13:24 PM
Can you connect your company's WiFi on your mobile phone? If not the follow these steps to get access any websites.

1 - First download and configure VPN app for your phone.

2 - Modify your mobile WiFi into a hotspot.

3 - Connect your Laptop WiFi with your mobile WiFi.

Once you have done all the above steps and you are not authorized to bypass the restriction then It means your software is not compatible. Choose a reliable VPN to evade the browsing limitations.
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2016 3:35:13 AM
At 10/20/2016 12:13:24 PM, peterbuttler wrote:
Can you connect your company's WiFi on your mobile phone? If not the follow these steps to get access any websites.

1 - First download and configure VPN app for your phone.

2 - Modify your mobile WiFi into a hotspot.

3 - Connect your Laptop WiFi with your mobile WiFi.

Once you have done all the above steps and you are not authorized to bypass the restriction then It means your software is not compatible. Choose a reliable VPN to evade the browsing limitations.

Sorry Mr peanut butter dude but innomen isn't exactly chomping at the bit for your advice lol this was 3 years ago
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
Dirty.Harry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2016 2:54:53 PM
At 10/2/2016 3:22:19 PM, Dirty.Harry wrote:

Hmm I should of realized, the original poster is probably in prison now!
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2016 3:07:14 PM
At 10/23/2016 2:54:53 PM, Dirty.Harry wrote:
At 10/2/2016 3:22:19 PM, Dirty.Harry wrote:

Hmm I should of realized, the original poster is probably in prison now!

He's actually a fairly rule-abiding conservative guy, I don't think he's using the vpn for illegitimate purposes. But he lives in south America and hasn't Been an active member in years. He's a great guy I had a conversation on the phone one time with him. People just keep necroposting this sh1t lol
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.