Total Posts:16|Showing Posts:1-16
Jump to topic:

Adblock

1dustpelt
Posts: 1,970
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2013 11:35:06 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I got Adblock Plus for my Firefox and it was so much faster because all the ads were gone. I love this! I got it for my IE and Chrome too.

For Firefox
http://adblockplus.org...

For Internet Explorer
There is no Ad Block Plus for IE but there are equally good alternatives. Simple Adblock is a good one. http://simple-adblock.com...

For Google Chrome
There is an extension in the web store.
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2013 6:24:13 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
No.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
vbaculum
Posts: 1,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2013 8:36:51 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/4/2013 11:35:06 AM, 1dustpelt wrote:
I got Adblock Plus for my Firefox and it was so much faster because all the ads were gone. I love this! I got it for my IE and Chrome too.

For Firefox
http://adblockplus.org...

For Internet Explorer
There is no Ad Block Plus for IE but there are equally good alternatives. Simple Adblock is a good one. http://simple-adblock.com...

For Google Chrome
There is an extension in the web store.

Shh, don't tell anyone. Someone's got to pay for the Internet.
"If you claim to value nonviolence and you consume animal products, you need to rethink your position on nonviolence." - Gary Francione

THE WORLD IS VEGAN! If you want it
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/4/2013 8:59:13 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/4/2013 6:24:13 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
No.

Against it?
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2013 12:44:55 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/4/2013 8:59:13 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 1/4/2013 6:24:13 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
No.

Against it?

I wasn't until I realized that being for it is completely bonkers.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2013 3:33:16 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/5/2013 12:44:55 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 1/4/2013 8:59:13 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 1/4/2013 6:24:13 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
No.

Against it?

I wasn't until I realized that being for it is completely bonkers.

haha bonkers.. good word.

I hadn't really ever considered using it... I don't typically frequent sites with many obnoxious ads in the first place, anyway.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
1dustpelt
Posts: 1,970
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2013 8:07:19 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/5/2013 3:33:16 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 1/5/2013 12:44:55 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 1/4/2013 8:59:13 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 1/4/2013 6:24:13 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
No.

Against it?

I wasn't until I realized that being for it is completely bonkers.

haha bonkers.. good word.

I hadn't really ever considered using it... I don't typically frequent sites with many obnoxious ads in the first place, anyway.

lol
I use it because dof my slow internet connection, pages load faster without ads.
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/5/2013 11:25:36 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/5/2013 8:07:19 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:
At 1/5/2013 3:33:16 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 1/5/2013 12:44:55 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 1/4/2013 8:59:13 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 1/4/2013 6:24:13 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
No.

Against it?

I wasn't until I realized that being for it is completely bonkers.

haha bonkers.. good word.

I hadn't really ever considered using it... I don't typically frequent sites with many obnoxious ads in the first place, anyway.

lol
I use it because dof my slow internet connection, pages load faster without ads.

I don't care.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
1dustpelt
Posts: 1,970
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2013 11:54:35 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/5/2013 11:25:36 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 1/5/2013 8:07:19 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:
At 1/5/2013 3:33:16 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 1/5/2013 12:44:55 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 1/4/2013 8:59:13 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 1/4/2013 6:24:13 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
No.

Against it?

I wasn't until I realized that being for it is completely bonkers.

haha bonkers.. good word.

I hadn't really ever considered using it... I don't typically frequent sites with many obnoxious ads in the first place, anyway.

lol
I use it because dof my slow internet connection, pages load faster without ads.

I don't care.

I don't care that you don't care.
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2013 1:25:25 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/6/2013 11:54:35 AM, 1dustpelt wrote:
At 1/5/2013 11:25:36 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 1/5/2013 8:07:19 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:
At 1/5/2013 3:33:16 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 1/5/2013 12:44:55 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 1/4/2013 8:59:13 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 1/4/2013 6:24:13 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
No.

Against it?

I wasn't until I realized that being for it is completely bonkers.

haha bonkers.. good word.

I hadn't really ever considered using it... I don't typically frequent sites with many obnoxious ads in the first place, anyway.

lol
I use it because dof my slow internet connection, pages load faster without ads.

I don't care.

I don't care that you don't care.

You should.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
RationalMadman
Posts: 354
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2013 1:34:11 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I would have thought everyone who has a decent knowledge of internet would use it.
The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

We didn't fight our way to the top of the food chain to be f***ng vegetarians.
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2013 1:59:18 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/6/2013 1:34:11 PM, RationalMadman wrote:
I would have thought everyone who has no moral compass would use it.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
tmar19652
Posts: 727
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2013 2:14:33 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/6/2013 1:34:11 PM, RationalMadman wrote:
I would have thought everyone who has a decent knowledge of internet would use it.

This ^
"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first." -Ronald Reagan

"The notion of political correctness declares certain topics, certain ex<x>pressions even certain gestures off-limits. What began as a crusade for civility has soured into a cause of conflict and even censorship." -George H.W. Bush
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Posts: 2,900
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2013 2:53:54 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/6/2013 1:59:18 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
I would have thought everyone who has no moral compass would use it.

It's thanks to people like you that we can use adblock.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
1dustpelt
Posts: 1,970
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2013 5:15:31 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 1/6/2013 1:25:25 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 1/6/2013 11:54:35 AM, 1dustpelt wrote:
At 1/5/2013 11:25:36 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 1/5/2013 8:07:19 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:
At 1/5/2013 3:33:16 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 1/5/2013 12:44:55 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 1/4/2013 8:59:13 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 1/4/2013 6:24:13 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
No.

Against it?

I wasn't until I realized that being for it is completely bonkers.

haha bonkers.. good word.

I hadn't really ever considered using it... I don't typically frequent sites with many obnoxious ads in the first place, anyway.

lol
I use it because dof my slow internet connection, pages load faster without ads.

I don't care.

I don't care that you don't care.

You should.

I don't care.
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.