Jump to topic:

error 76

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/19/2013 4:30:35 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Anybody know anything about this. Trying to write a file to an external machine.

The software is stonecad/cam 2.0 Happens when I go to write an ISO
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
malcolmxy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2013 4:29:47 AM
Wherever you're writing it to doesn't exist.

76 is a path error. The path to the place where you're telling the ISO to write doesn't exist.

Are you trying to put an iso on a usb drive, or just directly to your hard drive? (I assume you're copying a dvd or something and then you'll expand the ISO onto a blank?)
War is over, if you want it.

Meet Dr. Stupid and his assistants - http://www.debate.org...
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/20/2013 4:17:49 PM
At 3/20/2013 4:29:47 AM, malcolmxy wrote:

76 is a path error. The path to the place where you're telling the ISO to write doesn't exist.

Are you trying to put an iso on a usb drive, or just directly to your hard drive? (I assume you're copying a dvd or something and then you'll expand the ISO onto a blank?)

It's a CNC machine. When I go to write the tool path or tool sequence that is when I get the error. I called tech support and they are usless as usal. They said I have to many files or a corupted file. I deleted all saved tool sequence files and all drawings. Still no luck. I am guessing I will have to reload the program. But doing this erases all my tooling and it all has to be reentered which of course takes hours. Trying to resurect a machine that has sat for 5 years un used. This thing is so proprietary it sucks.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
malcolmxy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/21/2013 4:00:43 AM
At 3/20/2013 4:17:49 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 3/20/2013 4:29:47 AM, malcolmxy wrote:

It's a CNC machine. When I go to write the tool path or tool sequence that is when I get the error. I called tech support and they are usless as usal. They said I have to many files or a corupted file. I deleted all saved tool sequence files and all drawings. Still no luck. I am guessing I will have to reload the program. But doing this erases all my tooling and it all has to be reentered which of course takes hours. Trying to resurect a machine that has sat for 5 years un used. This thing is so proprietary it sucks.

If it has memory, you can create an image of the drive (aka an ISO file), THEN reboot the system and get it all working again.

Do you know what kind of memory/hard drive it has (PATA, IDE, SATA, SCSII, etc)?

Can you pull the hard drive?

If so, you should be able to get a USB adapter and hook it up to your PC to grab an image of the drive as it exists today...then reload the OS, then do what you need to do, then try replacing the tooling files you don't want to lose back to the drive.

That's my best idea, and I know nothing about this machine, so I probably just told you how to destroy it or something.
War is over, if you want it.

Meet Dr. Stupid and his assistants - http://www.debate.org...