DDO's IP Address

muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2013 4:08:19 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 4/16/2013 3:50:03 AM, Smithereens wrote:
why do we want this? and why are you pinging DDO? That's what hacktivists do before they DoS a website.

Not really......

And hacktivists don't DoS websites anymore, they DDoS them.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2013 4:09:09 AM
Though I am also curious as to the reason behind this post.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2013 4:44:30 AM
At 4/16/2013 4:08:19 AM, muzebreak wrote:
why do we want this? and why are you pinging DDO? That's what hacktivists do before they DoS a website.

Not really......

distributed denial of service is a form of DoS. depending on the hacktivist, they would sometimes even prefer PDoS, pernament denial of service, so it makes sense to use the umbrella that covers them all.
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2013 5:25:28 AM
At 4/16/2013 4:44:30 AM, Smithereens wrote:

Not really......

distributed denial of service is a form of DoS. depending on the hacktivist, they would sometimes even prefer PDoS, pernament denial of service, so it makes sense to use the umbrella that covers them all.

In my experience DoS refers to an attack using a single system, while DDoS refers to an attack using a bot-net. And PDoS is an entirely different thing altogether, involving actual network cracking, rather then a bit of simple hacking.

cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2013 5:52:26 AM
what was that ion cannon thing called again
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2013 5:59:19 AM
At 4/16/2013 5:52:26 AM, cybertron1998 wrote:

The ion cannon
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2013 7:13:35 AM
At 4/16/2013 5:25:28 AM, muzebreak wrote:
At 4/16/2013 4:44:30 AM, Smithereens wrote:

Not really......

In my experience DoS refers to an attack using a single system, while DDoS refers to an attack using a bot-net. And PDoS is an entirely different thing altogether, involving actual network cracking, rather then a bit of simple hacking.

DoS= Denial of service. Where everyone is denied access to a website. Usually because the target has been completely flooded with communication and connection requests so it is unable to respond to any of the real ones.

Distributed denial of service= a DoS attack coming from many different people. DoS essentially is the same thing as DDoS.

PDoS on the other hand is much more serious. It involves uploading maleware to the target and causing irreversible harm to the websites software, rendering it completely destroyed. Host victims usually have to end up replacing hardware after a successful permanent denial of service attack.

Let's hope none of that happens to DDO
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2013 9:48:13 AM
At 4/16/2013 5:59:19 AM, lannan13 wrote:

The ion cannon

Actually I believe the technical term is giant boob nipple gun
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Sui_Generis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2013 4:21:39 AM
You don't need to ping it. I got the same info off of a domain information site. Although I, too, don't know why this is being posted...
"Mundus vult decipi--the world wants to be deceived. The truth is too complex and frightening; the taste for the truth is an acquired taste that few acquire."
-Martin Buber, I and Thou
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2013 1:48:22 PM
I'm just gonna leave this right here. Nothing to do with this thread topic though.

http://ha.ckers.org...

Magic8000
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2013 1:59:12 PM

Low Orbit Ion Cannon.

http://sourceforge.net...
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

"So Magic8000 believes Einstein was a proctologist who was persuaded by the Government and Hitler to fabricate the Theory of Relativity"- GWL-CPA
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2013 2:00:45 PM
At 4/18/2013 1:59:12 PM, Magic8000 wrote:

Low Orbit Ion Cannon.

http://sourceforge.net...

Using that to take down a website, is like using a fire hose to put out a match.

RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2013 7:06:43 AM
There are many web sites that look up IP addresses. ipaddress.com gives the IP address, and also a map and lat-long coordinates of the server. Those coordinates would be handy if you're planning a drone attack.

The server location is that of the internet service provider (ISP), not the company owning the web site. Few companies run their own internet servers these days. I had a local server for my company years ago. I gave it up because of the high cost of fighting off hacker attacks. Hackers search the web for servers with a security flaw, then take it over to broadcast spam. Large ISPs can afford a full-time staff to detect and fix security flaws for their many customers, so it's a lot cheaper.