Jump to topic:

Do You Have a Flat Screen TV *

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2013 9:29:52 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
May I ask what is the name brand and how large is the screen.
The quality of these televisions are not as good as the box ones if you ask me. Average life span of an LCD HDTV is about
5 years at the most, give or take about 2.
But a box tv can last as long as 20 years.
You do the math.
What do you think DDO.
suttichart.denpruektham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2013 9:35:15 AM
At 4/16/2013 9:29:52 AM, inferno wrote:
The quality of these televisions are not as good as the box ones if you ask me. Average life span of an LCD HDTV is about
You do the math.
What do you think DDO.

I have and in fact, is using it right now :D. The brand is LG, and one of its advantage is that it can serve as my PC monitor as well.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2013 9:38:12 AM
At 4/16/2013 9:35:15 AM, suttichart.denpruektham wrote:
You do the math.
What do you think DDO.

I have and in fact, is using it right now :D. The brand is LG, and one of its advantage is that it can serve as my PC monitor as well.

LG is a very high quality tv brand. Thank you.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2013 9:38:47 AM
You do the math.
What do you think DDO.
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2013 4:12:03 AM
You do the math.
What do you think DDO.

You say the average lifespan of an HDTV is about 5 years, but you dont say what the average lifespan of a Box TV is. Im sure there is an LCD that has lasted 10, 15 years, although i am unaware of how long HDTV LCD screens have been availeable.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2013 10:21:54 AM
At 4/20/2013 4:12:03 AM, tkubok wrote:
You do the math.
What do you think DDO.

You say the average lifespan of an HDTV is about 5 years, but you dont say what the average lifespan of a Box TV is. Im sure there is an LCD that has lasted 10, 15 years, although i am unaware of how long HDTV LCD screens have been availeable.

The average lifespan of a box television is about 10 years at best. Many of them have gone for as long as 15 to 20. I have one that is about 20 years of age, even though it is not being used at this current time. Its an antique.
I seriously doubt that anyone who does have an LCD HDTV will tell you that they have had it for more than 5 to 6 years. Usually it is replaced around that time.
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2013 9:12:08 AM
I am sporting a 13" box TV. It is very effective at keeping my daughter entertained in the mornings when Sesame Street comes on at 8am.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2013 6:21:05 PM
no, I have 3
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2013 2:21:13 PM
45' flat screen, samsung, HDTV, LCD. I use it for my Laptop monitor.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2013 6:51:49 AM
The picture quality on an old-fashioned CRT is nowhere near as good as even a mediocre flat screen. A 21" thousand-line monitor weighs about a hundred pounds. The beam is subject to electromagnetic interference, so nearby motor causes waves and distortion in the raster. There are limitations on the phosphors that limit the color space.

I haven't heard the story about flat screens having a shorter life. I don't why they should have a short life. Early flat screens had a fluorescent backlight, and that had a limited life span. Now, LEDs are used for the backlight, and they should last a long time. I've had a flat screen TV for close to five years, and it shows no sign of deteriorating. It's a bargain-brand "Sceptre" and it works fine.

I recently bought a 55" Vizio, another bargain brand that works fine. 55" in an ordinary room is about eye-resolution.

Panasonic demoed a 150" plasma flat screen in 2008. "It doesn't hang on the wall, it is the wall." It's 11 feet wide, and has 2000 x 4000 pixels. 2K x 4K is supposed to be the new standard to take over after HD.
SarcasticIndeed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/18/2013 11:01:50 AM
I have three Sony flat screens. I believe two are 32", and one that is larger, unsure of the dimensions.
<SIGNATURE CENSORED> nac