Total Posts:11|Showing Posts:1-11
Jump to topic:

The Future of Surgical Technology.........

Sower4GS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/27/2013 11:01:02 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
The Future of Surgical Technology....

I have been out of the loop for a while, can anyone fill me in on new advances in Laparoscopy, not bariatric or nissen's but maybe new techniques taking out gall bags and appy's?
Anyone?
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2013 12:03:32 PM
I'm impressed by the technology. I had a problem that was difficult to diagnose, and one thing they did was run a laproscope through the stomach to the gall bladder. The Doc said, in effect, that while they didn't find the problem when they were messing around in the gall bladder they took out some gall stones. The gall stones were not causing a problem, but, hey, while cruising the neighborhood ...

Another interesting diagnostic technique is to swallow a camera. It's the size of a large vitamin capsule and contains LED lights and a radio transmitter. The patent wears a receiver to record the images over a period of many hours as the capsule floats down the alimentary canal. I didn't do that one. The camera, incidentally, is disposable.
Sower4GS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2013 1:49:37 PM
It is called ERCP
Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography

They cut a small hole in one of the ducts inside your intestine with a type of electric burning cautery called a sphincterotome and pull that puppy out. They use contrast (dye) that can be seen on portable x-ray machines called c-arms (fluoroscopy-moving x-ray pictures). Been like umpteen years since I did one. They probably have new technology where they can play a flute to the gallstone and it will come out in a trance. Duno. Been out of Surg Tech business for about 4 years now. Thats why I was posting this question.
Sower4GS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2013 1:51:32 PM
As far as the ingestible camera, sounds like another bed warmer for the mark of the beast, does it have GPS too like the RFD chip they have instituted in Obama care?
Sower4GS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/31/2013 2:00:17 PM
I am never going to hear the end of using the poo word, they will probably quote me and post it under their signature, like they are doing right now, shame, but at least they are helping me preach!
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2013 3:12:05 PM
At 5/31/2013 1:58:22 PM, Sower4GS wrote:
Do you know any names given to this new technology involving the poop canal camera?

Israeli-based Given Imaging manufactures a product called the PillCam. http://www.futuristspeaker.com... The generic name seems to be an endoscopic ingestible camera.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 6:31:01 PM
I am guessing unavailability to the masses
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Sower4GS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2013 9:16:05 PM
Oh, thanks.
As far as the ingestible camera, sounds like another bed warmer for the mark of the beast, does it have GPS too like the RFD chip they have instituted in Obama care?
Sower4GS
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/28/2013 2:13:20 AM
At 6/21/2013 9:16:05 PM, Sower4GS wrote:
Oh, thanks.

Man, you start talking about the Prophetic Future events that are coming and people swim away frantically as if a Great White sighting occured.