Total Posts:13|Showing Posts:1-13
Jump to topic:

If the world lost techonology for 10 days?

Skepsikyma
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2013 9:30:15 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I'm assuming you mean computer/electrical technology? Complete societal meltdown. In my mind, this would mean the complete destruction of every piece of digital information. The economy would meltdown overnight, and politicians and military officials would take advantage of the chaos to seize power. The resulting power struggle would dismantle governments everywhere, nations would split, and there would be widespread war, lawlessness, rape, and civil war. We would all be treated to a first row view of a Hobbesian state of nature.
"The Collectivist experiment is thoroughly suited (in appearance at least) to the Capitalist society which it proposes to replace. It works with the existing machinery of Capitalism, talks and thinks in the existing terms of Capitalism, appeals to just those appetites which Capitalism has aroused, and ridicules as fantastic and unheard-of just those things in society the memory of which Capitalism has killed among men wherever the blight of it has spread."
- Hilaire Belloc -
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/9/2013 5:29:35 PM
Ya, you need to "define technology" The wheel is technology. We would be screwed without the wheel, life would go on without computers and cell phones all be it a bunch of crying winy little babies joansing around without them.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 9:13:08 PM
I think we'd adapt. It'd be confusing and annoying for the first few days. A lot of economic sectors would take a hit but I don't think it would be catastrophic.
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/10/2013 9:16:07 PM
At 6/4/2013 8:50:03 PM, PrincessofPersia wrote:
What would happen? Be creative.

I'd go chill at the beach. I've got enough alcohol to last ten days.
Tsar of DDO
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2013 4:47:28 PM
At 6/10/2013 9:23:43 PM, PrivateEye wrote:
Everyone would be out robbing TVs that didn't work.

That brings up another question. will the technology that already exists still be sitting around, but be rendered useless?
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
mathdebator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2013 10:13:06 AM
Will the technology temporarily disappear but return in one piece? If so, then I think we would all just relax and take a 10 day break. Monkeys have been just fine without technology for many year. So have humans.
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2013 9:00:57 PM

So, no wheels, no tools, nada. For ten days. Well, humanity was interesting while it lasted, I guess.
Jack212
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2013 4:46:37 AM

Society would crumble. No technology means no food, no water, no sanitation, no transportation, no healthcare, no communication, no power, no internet, and no ability to enforce the Law or keep the Peace. What limited resources were available would be taken and defended through violent force. Half the world's population would die, and the rest would organize under warlords/religious zealots or live as outlaws. Scientific progress would grind to a halt and many things would have to be re-discovered/-invented. We'd also lose all social advancement from the last few hundred years. Only the strongest would survive, and the strongest would be rich men with few if any morals.

In summary, losing technology for 10 days would cause the fall of Western Civilization and return us to the Dark Ages once more. If you're going to set this in motion, I recommend that you first create a military base with a vast arsenal of nuclear weapons and a database of every piece of knowledge humankind has accumulated.

Oh, and astronauts would be fvcked. Sorry guys, you can't return home.
llamainmypocket
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2013 1:08:05 AM
After an hour, I would start to panic.

After 24 hours, I'd spend my time trying to figure out ways to get the technology working again.

After 2 days, i would join the wandering masses of people. who have taken to the life of a nomad, in search of technology.

By day six, we would be ritualizing our brand loyalty to google. Microsoft would not be missed.

By day 8, the great war between Google vs apple would be in full effect complete with human sacrifice to our enemy.

By day 9, we would be eating each other.

By day 10, zombie apocalypse.
THE_OPINIONATOR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2013 7:46:55 PM

Well we would all panic for atleast three days then begin to come to terms of what just happened then the ten days would be up technology would come back online and everything would be right with the world of technology.
My Blog: Life Through The Eyes of a Christian

http://bloggingforjchrist.blogspot.com...

Life Through The Eyes of a Christian Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com...
TheEpicMinecrafter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2013 4:14:10 PM
If we didn't have technology, we would die, because of no water, food, clothes or shelter. Building a house is technology. Making clothes is technology. Transporting water and growing crops is technology. I hope you understand that without technology, we would die.
William