Total Posts:8|Showing Posts:1-8
Jump to topic:

Firefox.

Eitan_Zohar
Posts: 2,697
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2013 8:37:23 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
With Google Chrome you could automatically translate webpages from different languages to English. Can Firefox do it as well?
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
muzebreak
Posts: 2,781
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2013 7:32:59 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/27/2013 8:37:23 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
With Google Chrome you could automatically translate webpages from different languages to English. Can Firefox do it as well?

Firefox has an add-on for google translate.

https://addons.mozilla.org...
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
Eitan_Zohar
Posts: 2,697
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2013 10:21:16 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/28/2013 7:32:59 AM, muzebreak wrote:
At 8/27/2013 8:37:23 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
With Google Chrome you could automatically translate webpages from different languages to English. Can Firefox do it as well?

Firefox has an add-on for google translate.

https://addons.mozilla.org...

Thanks. Although it doesn't seem to automatically translate pages like Chrome did. Rather, you have to press a hotkey, and it will create another tab to view it in. Is there any way to fix this or is it a limitation of Firefox?
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
1dustpelt
Posts: 1,970
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2013 5:09:47 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/28/2013 10:21:16 AM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
At 8/28/2013 7:32:59 AM, muzebreak wrote:
At 8/27/2013 8:37:23 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
With Google Chrome you could automatically translate webpages from different languages to English. Can Firefox do it as well?

Firefox has an add-on for google translate.

https://addons.mozilla.org...

Thanks. Although it doesn't seem to automatically translate pages like Chrome did. Rather, you have to press a hotkey, and it will create another tab to view it in. Is there any way to fix this or is it a limitation of Firefox?

http://www.ehow.com...
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
RoyLatham
Posts: 4,488
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2013 3:14:36 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I use Google translate for Japanese to English, and it does a poor job. Better than nothing, but poor. I recently used it for Russian to English, and it worked very well. Interesting ...
1dustpelt
Posts: 1,970
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2013 9:45:51 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/1/2013 3:14:36 AM, RoyLatham wrote:
I use Google translate for Japanese to English, and it does a poor job. Better than nothing, but poor. I recently used it for Russian to English, and it worked very well. Interesting ...

I find the Bing Translator is better for translating East Asian languages to English, but the Google is better for translating European languages.
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
RoyLatham
Posts: 4,488
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2013 2:38:07 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/1/2013 9:45:51 AM, 1dustpelt wrote:
I find the Bing Translator is better for translating East Asian languages to English, but the Google is better for translating European languages.

Good tip, I'll try it.
LogicalLunatic
Posts: 1,633
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/28/2014 10:09:55 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 8/27/2013 8:37:23 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
With Google Chrome you could automatically translate webpages from different languages to English. Can Firefox do it as well?
A True Work of Art: http://www.debate.org...

Atheist Logic: http://www.debate.org...

Bulproof formally admits to being a troll (Post 16):
http://www.debate.org...