Jump to topic:

iDon't get it

I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2009 10:16:24 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
This thread is a refuge for users of non-Apple systems.

I use a PC with Vista and am getting a Sanza for Christmas.

How do you not get it?
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2009 10:24:14 AM
At 12/23/2009 10:16:24 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

How do you not get it?

Home:
2 PCs with windows 7 (bought a one year old PC from my brothers dumb friend for 70 bucks.)

School
laptop with windows 7, hdmi cord attached to 720p panasonic viera LCD. 3 terabytes attached to laptop (1 WD 1 TB) (1 Fantom 2TB) 2 wireless logitech rumblepad ROM controllers. Wireless logitech keyboard and mouse. Logitech speaker system. Zantech laptop cooler (fan system)

Bought my sister a SanDisk Clip Plus for Christmas.
Having problems with the fans site? Suggestions? Can't log in? Forgot your password? Want to be an editor and write opinion pieces? PM Me and I'll get it sorted out.

ddofans.com
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2009 10:30:13 AM
At 12/23/2009 10:24:14 AM, johngriswald wrote:

How do you not get it?

Home:
2 PCs with windows 7 (bought a one year old PC from my brothers dumb friend for 70 bucks.)

School
laptop with windows 7, hdmi cord attached to 720p panasonic viera LCD. 3 terabytes attached to laptop (1 WD 1 TB) (1 Fantom 2TB) 2 wireless logitech rumblepad ROM controllers. Wireless logitech keyboard and mouse. Logitech speaker system. Zantech laptop cooler (fan system)

SanDisk = Sansa :)

I've always wanted to connect a computer to a TV.
johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2009 10:34:39 AM
At 12/23/2009 10:30:13 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

I don't pay for cable/tv. It's incredible. Every tv show/movie I ever wanted to watch I have in 720p quality no commercials no cost, unless I'm watching sports then I have to stream it.
Having problems with the fans site? Suggestions? Can't log in? Forgot your password? Want to be an editor and write opinion pieces? PM Me and I'll get it sorted out.

ddofans.com
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2009 10:48:44 AM
At 12/23/2009 10:34:39 AM, johngriswald wrote:

I don't pay for cable/tv. It's incredible. Every tv show/movie I ever wanted to watch I have in 720p quality no commercials no cost, unless I'm watching sports then I have to stream it.

Where do you download\ Stream
johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2009 2:08:18 PM
At 12/23/2009 10:48:44 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
At 12/23/2009 10:34:39 AM, johngriswald wrote:

Where do you download\ Stream

Download = private sites = BMTV, FTS, PTP,BG, etc.
For tv episodes I mainly do public sites. Mainly www.btjunkie.org
For streaming I usually stream off of http://espn.go.com...

ddofans.com
omelet
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2009 5:23:27 PM
I have a laptop with Arch Linux on it. Its power supply has a problem that requires me to replace it, though, so right now I'm using my bro's ancient (from 2004) laptop with Xubuntu Linux.

If I need to run something that only works in Windows, I can just use a virtual machine. The need never arises, though.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2009 5:33:57 PM
I tried to use a Mac once. I don't like the OS. Maybe if I got used to it I'd like it, but at the moment, it's too much of an inconvenience to try.

We have WXP still. I don't see us upgrading until we get a new computer, which won't happen for at least 2 years. No more than 5.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2009 6:53:38 PM
The only times I ever used a Mac were when I was running late (which was often) in the university library. I'd need to print something and the only computers that were ever available were the Macs. At first I didn't get it, as they were the best looking and newest ones in the place. After a few minutes trying to figure out how to open a new window, though, it all became clear. This happened enough that I'm actually pretty proficient with them now, but they're still a huge hassle.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
feverish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2009 6:59:59 PM
I can use a mac a bit but I am very PC ;)

I'm generally fairly clueless though, I've got all my fancy music programs and plugins running on a cracked copy of Windows XP.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2009 1:12:10 AM
Let's see...

I have an ancient (but ironically enough, the only reliable computer) desktop with Windows 2000 on it, two laptops with XP (one with Media Center, the other with Professional), a netbook with XP, and I'm getting a new laptop with Windows 7 on it in the New Year. To top it off, I have a Sansa View mp3 player, which works quite nicely.

I don't know why, but I couldn't bring myself to buy anything Apple. I have tremendous brand loyalty, even irrationally so. Mind you, I don't like Xbox, so Microsoft can stuff that one up their arse.
USAPitBull63
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2009 1:43:03 AM
I have an iPod Nano and two Sony Walkmans (MP3s, videos, radio, etc.), and I will not buy another iPod.

No contest. The Sony Walkman is much more efficient and user-friendly. The best part? No annoying iTunes needed for the Sony.

Want to add a video or song? Just drag and click...done.
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2009 2:49:41 AM
At 12/23/2009 10:24:14 AM, johngriswald wrote:

How do you not get it?

Home:

School

School? According to your profile, you are 44 years old. To be kept back that many years suggests to me that you really ought to start applying yourself to your studies a bit better!
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2009 6:28:18 AM
At 12/24/2009 2:49:41 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
School? According to your profile, you are 44 years old. To be kept back that many years suggests to me that you really ought to start applying yourself to your studies a bit better!

That oh yeah just recently lost my job in the manufacturing plant so I decided to go back to college.....yeah.

ddofans.com
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2009 8:45:34 AM
At 12/24/2009 1:43:03 AM, USAPitBull63 wrote:
I have an iPod Nano and two Sony Walkmans (MP3s, videos, radio, etc.), and I will not buy another iPod.

No contest. The Sony Walkman is much more efficient and user-friendly. The best part? No annoying iTunes needed for the Sony.

Want to add a video or song? Just drag and click...done.

Worst part of my Apple experience - I had a Shuffle
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/25/2009 2:56:32 PM
Got my Sansa Fuze. It's pretty awesome. It's simple, effective, and no BS. I'm goign to get a Docking Station in the sales to complete the "experience" if you will.