Jump to topic:

New YouTube Comments

mathdebator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2013 9:11:52 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Is Google really doing this? Killing themselves? Hashtags? No reply button? Forcing me to connect to G+ and use my real name? This can't be happening!
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2013 10:49:38 PM
At 11/6/2013 9:11:52 PM, mathdebator wrote:
Is Google really doing this? Killing themselves? Hashtags? No reply button? Forcing me to connect to G+ and use my real name? This can't be happening!

For those of you who don't know, Youtube comments now require a Google Plus account. On the surface it looks like some external force is compelling users to join a social network against their will. But, if you ignore the fact that Google Plus exists (and I pretty much do), it's not so bad. The new comment system is actually pretty cool in that when people you know comment on something, you'll see that before everyone else's stuff in addition to highly rated comments (sort of like Reddit), and some other neat features. It's not half bad, actually.
Tsar of DDO
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2013 11:27:48 AM
New comment system sucks, or at least what people do with it.

See, it's not that bad, but almost every freaking video I go to has ASCII art that isn't appropriate, and on top of that, THE LINKS, THE LINKS, don't click them!
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
Disquisition
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2013 10:37:49 PM
Ha, I still remember when my pastor's speech about youtube. He was like THIS IS A SITE WHERE KIDS CAN SEARCH FOR "ANYTHING". lol

As for the comment section, my only complaint is that they shouldn't show some of the replies to a popular comment, it should by optional like the rest.
Bullish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/15/2013 4:42:16 PM
I don't care much for the comment system, old or new. I'm just on YT for the videos.

That being said, they really need to get rid of commercials in play lists.
0x5f3759df
themohawkninja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2013 7:47:31 PM
Is Google really doing this?
Yes.

Killing themselves?
No.

Hashtags?
YouTube and Google are two of the biggest sites on the Internet. It's only natural that they use things like Twitter, as much of their sites' demographic uses it.

No reply button?
That's only for comments that were made before the change, as since the whole system was being completely redone, somethings couldn't be coded with a grandfather clause.

Forcing me to connect to G+
So? It's a free service. What's so bad?

and use my real name?
Only if you give your real name.

This can't be happening!
Oh, stop whining. Everything is much more organized, and you don't even need to check your e-mail to see if someone replied to a comment. It's the best thing that happened to YouTube since the site started.
"Morals are simply a limit to man's potential."~Myself

Political correctness is like saying you can't have a steak, because a baby can't eat one ~Unknown
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2013 2:04:10 PM
At 11/20/2013 7:47:31 PM, themohawkninja wrote:
Yes.

Killing themselves?
No.

Hashtags?
YouTube and Google are two of the biggest sites on the Internet. It's only natural that they use things like Twitter, as much of their sites' demographic uses it.

Which automatically bolds text, that's one of the issues with it that I can tell, not the fact they exist.

No reply button?
That's only for comments that were made before the change, as since the whole system was being completely redone, somethings couldn't be coded with a grandfather clause.

It's time-consuming, not money.

and use my real name?
If you used google+ before, and still wanted the anonymity of youtube, you couldn't have both.

This can't be happening!
Oh, stop whining. Everything is much more organized, and you don't even need to check your e-mail to see if someone replied to a comment. It's the best thing that happened to YouTube since the site started.

Most of what else you said was ok, this...

this... (Facepalm)

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
themohawkninja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2013 2:46:49 PM
At 11/21/2013 2:04:10 PM, TheAntidoter wrote:
Yes.

Killing themselves?
No.

Hashtags?

Which automatically bolds text, that's one of the issues with it that I can tell, not the fact they exist.

It only bolds text that either have asterisks around it, has a plus sign or pound sign... so what?

No reply button?

Five minutes of your life... woo...

and use my real name?
If you used google+ before, and still wanted the anonymity of youtube, you couldn't have both.

This can't be happening!

this... (Facepalm)

What's wrong about it?

Political correctness is like saying you can't have a steak, because a baby can't eat one ~Unknown
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2013 2:49:25 PM
At 11/21/2013 2:46:49 PM, themohawkninja wrote:
Yes.

Killing themselves?
No.

Hashtags?

It only bolds text that either have asterisks around it, has a plus sign or pound sign... so what?

In Useless arguments in YouTube comments, which are prone to happen, the # symbol is used to go point by point to people's objections. This really does screw with it.

No reply button?

Everytime you post... :(

and use my real name?

This can't be happening!

this... (Facepalm)

What's wrong about it?

What makes it better then the other updates?

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
themohawkninja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2013 2:59:40 PM
At 11/21/2013 2:49:25 PM, TheAntidoter wrote:
Yes.

Killing themselves?
No.

Hashtags?

In Useless arguments in YouTube comments, which are prone to happen, the # symbol is used to go point by point to people's objections. This really does screw with it.

I can't say that I have ever seen that in all my years on the site.

No reply button?

No, you just log in once when you get on the site, and that's assuming that you aren't getting auto-logged in already (like I am).

and use my real name?

This can't be happening!

this... (Facepalm)

What's wrong about it?

I don't recall any other updates overhauling the system this much.

TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2013 3:01:20 PM
At 11/21/2013 2:59:40 PM, themohawkninja wrote:
Yes.

Killing themselves?
No.

Hashtags?

It usually is Creationist vs evolutionists dogma.

No reply button?

No, you just log in once when you get on the site, and that's assuming that you aren't getting auto-logged in already (like I am).

Perhaps you have to share your comment and videos via Google+?

and use my real name?

This can't be happening!

this... (Facepalm)

What's wrong about it?

So larger changes are inherently better?

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
themohawkninja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/21/2013 3:11:20 PM
At 11/21/2013 3:01:20 PM, TheAntidoter wrote:
Yes.

Killing themselves?
No.

Hashtags?

No reply button?

I don't know to be honest

and use my real name?

This can't be happening!

this... (Facepalm)

What's wrong about it?

It's not that it's large, it's just that I just haven't seen any more useful updates in the past.

TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/22/2013 9:34:59 AM
At 11/21/2013 3:11:20 PM, themohawkninja wrote:
At 11/21/2013 3:01:20 PM, TheAntidoter wrote:
Yes.

Killing themselves?
No.

Hashtags?

No reply button?

I don't know to be honest

and use my real name?

This can't be happening!

this... (Facepalm)

What's wrong about it?

It's not that it's large, it's just that I just haven't seen any more useful updates in the past.

Ok then, you do have a point there.

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/25/2013 10:10:08 AM
At 11/23/2013 2:51:21 PM, KingDebater wrote:
everything sucks

Hmm...... That's a bit of a shortsighted opinion...

It's NEARLY everything sucks.

The new comment order is actually pretty cool.

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
1dustpelt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2013 9:36:19 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I get an email, "Someone has commented on your video."
Ok, I go to the YouTube inbox to reply. Great, that's not working.
I have to go through the 100's of G+ notifications to find that one, then click it to go to the video.
Then, the comment is not there. I have to do Newest first to see it. Ok.
Then, when I finally find it, there's no reply button. Now what?!

Where the heck did the reply buttons go?
Why are irrelevant, 6 month old comments with no thumbs up "top comments"!?

WTF?
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.