Jump to topic:

ps3 or xbox?

bigtree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2010 9:49:29 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
I think it depends... if you want more of a ull entertainment system, go for ps3. If you want more gaming,go for xbox 360
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2010 7:04:06 AM
I read the article, but i disagree on several points.

First off, blu-ray is clearly winning over HD-DVD. Toshiba for example, gave up on HD-DVD in favor of Blu ray technology. I mean, this went as far as speculation as to whether the next xbox will come out with a blu-ray player.

Secondly, game line-up. there are many games that are exclusive for PS3 as well, which are just as good, if not better. Not to mention all the extra content that is within PS3 exclusively and are absent from Xbox.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2010 11:29:36 AM
At 2/8/2010 11:21:05 AM, DontBeRacist wrote:
I like the feel of the controller and the set up of the Xbox better.

Yeah it reminds me of the N64 controller which is good, but again I prefer PS3. Not having to pay to play games online is a huge plus for me (in addition to blu ray features, etc.). Plus there are no games for Xbox specifically that I have a huge desire to play, and the Wii is kinda lame.
President of DDO
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2010 11:34:18 AM
I'm going to have to go with PS3 because it actually has games that aren't just good because of Xbox Live, namely these are your RPGs which is the basic staple of gaming. Also it is a blu-ray player and has, I believe, free access to online content.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
DontBeRacist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2010 11:36:11 AM
At 2/8/2010 11:29:36 AM, theLwerd wrote:
At 2/8/2010 11:21:05 AM, DontBeRacist wrote:
I like the feel of the controller and the set up of the Xbox better.

Yeah it reminds me of the N64 controller which is good, but again I prefer PS3. Not having to pay to play games online is a huge plus for me (in addition to blu ray features, etc.). Plus there are no games for Xbox specifically that I have a huge desire to play, and the Wii is kinda lame.

The Wii is cool for bowling but that's it (imo). And I can support the free online when paying for it cuts in to my gas funds. Still though.. Xbox = <3
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2010 2:41:25 PM
Playstation 3 - it only does everything. I enjoy the controls a lot more (I hate the X-box controller). Playstation 3 has much better games, free internet gaming, blue ray, etc etc.
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
PervRat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2010 2:51:27 PM
At 2/8/2010 6:56:36 AM, tkubok wrote:
At 2/8/2010 1:18:10 AM, PervRat wrote:
Wii.

Fail.

Wii < Xbox 360 < PS3

Triple fail.

Wii > PS3 > Xox 360.
DontBeRacist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2010 2:53:25 PM
At 2/8/2010 2:41:25 PM, Vi_Veri wrote:
Playstation 3 - it only does everything. I enjoy the controls a lot more (I hate the X-box controller). Playstation 3 has much better games, free internet gaming, blue ray, etc etc.

Personal attack.
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2010 3:59:25 PM
At 2/8/2010 3:40:28 PM, mongeese wrote:
The Wii dominates. Period. Other systems don't have a old, outdated cast of characters like Mario and Link to draw from.

Fix'd

In any case, i feel Nintendo is beating a dead horse when they keep reviving Mario and Zelda from their coffins. Cant you see they want to die?
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/8/2010 5:03:45 PM
At 2/8/2010 3:59:25 PM, tkubok wrote:
a dead horse when they keep reviving Mario and Zelda from their coffins. Cant you see they want to die?

They don't look like they want to die. They seem pretty excited in their new games. And I'm certainly not complaining. Charles Martinet certainly isn't complaining, either.
PervRat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2010 12:34:40 AM
The Wii dominates. Period. Other systems don't have a strong cast of characters like Mario and Link to draw from.

Not to mention they aren't unaffordable and don't break down repeatedly.

I still can't quite get why some of my friends kept buying 360 after 360 when they'd RROD and Microsoft wouldn't replace them. Maybe they aren't so crappily engineered now ... but you really want to buy from a company that's done that to so many?
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/9/2010 7:35:44 AM
The Wii dominates. Period. Other systems don't have a strong cast of characters like Mario and Link to draw from.

Lol. The Wii is lame and everyone knows it. I have a Wii and use it for Wii sports only on the rare occasion that I feel the need to bond with my 12 year old sister. I guess little kids who can't handle anything but Mario like it. Also, Pervrat, I've had a 360 at my parents house since Christmas 2005 and not once has it ever broken... and my little brother plays constantly (and doesn't take care of anything). I still prefer PS3.
President of DDO
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2010 7:18:44 AM
At 2/9/2010 7:44:30 AM, wonderwoman wrote:
personally we have an xbox because we love the Creed

Assassins creed sucked. Besides, AC is on both the Xbox and PS3.
TheSkeptic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2010 2:12:28 PM
Xbox 360 all the way - the game lineup is much better than PS3. Of course, this boils down to preference so I would suppose the main distinction between PS3 lovers and Xbox lovers will be in the games.

Since my favorite FPS game is Halo 3, so...
JoeSoap
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/11/2010 3:24:30 PM
PS3 takes it for gameplay, but only because of their controllers. The analog sticks on the xbox controller have too large a dead zone(area around the center of the joystick where no movement is registered) which makes for shitty gameplay in shooters where accuracy is the key. I don't like the back buttons on the PS3 controller though. I'd swap the back buttons on the PS3 for the Xbox ones though.

The consoles themselves are pretty much the same. The only difference is the blu-ray dvd player which has nothing to do with games. PS3 takes it though for the free online gameplay.

The wii is lame. I'm not a big fan of all the moving around, but you can plug in a gamecube controller and the mario cart racing games are by far the best racing games that have ever been brought out.

Playstation takes it.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2010 2:52:08 PM
At 2/8/2010 7:04:06 AM, tkubok wrote:

First off, blu-ray is clearly winning over HD-DVD. Toshiba for example, gave up on HD-DVD in favor of Blu ray technology. I mean, this went as far as speculation as to whether the next xbox will come out with a blu-ray player.

HD-DVD is dead. There's no contest.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
DontBeRacist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2010 3:04:42 PM
At 2/11/2010 3:24:30 PM, JoeSoap wrote:
PS3 takes it for gameplay, but only because of their controllers. The analog sticks on the xbox controller have too large a dead zone(area around the center of the joystick where no movement is registered) which makes for shitty gameplay in shooters where accuracy is the key. I don't like the back buttons on the PS3 controller though. I'd swap the back buttons on the PS3 for the Xbox ones though.

The consoles themselves are pretty much the same. The only difference is the blu-ray dvd player which has nothing to do with games. PS3 takes it though for the free online gameplay.

The wii is lame. I'm not a big fan of all the moving around, but you can plug in a gamecube controller and the mario cart racing games are by far the best racing games that have ever been brought out.

Playstation takes it.

I like the play in the Xbox controller thumbsticks. They also have extensions available for them to reduce that. Go figure.
Sky_ace25
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/17/2010 6:06:30 PM
Main thing about the ps3 that is awesome is free online play. Unless your a person who is spending a lot money to build a library most games that are good are usually for both systems such as Bioshock. While sure their are some specialties on both systems their isn't any clear one that makes one dominating the other. It's also just your preference on controller. Some people argue that the ps3 is better built than the 360 and while I do trust Sony more than Microsoft, essentially what it just really comes down to is how well you treat your gaming console.
Seriously, Pluto is no longer a planet?
mongeese
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2010 2:28:46 PM
At 2/9/2010 7:35:44 AM, theLwerd wrote:

Lol. The Wii is lame and everyone knows it.
Argument from omniscience, and appeal to beliefs, at the SAME TIME *gasp*
I have a Wii and use it for Wii sports only on the rare occasion that I feel the need to bond with my 12 year old sister.
And you're definitely an example of the whole world, right?
I guess little kids who can't handle anything but Mario like it.
True, but saying that a group likes the Wii can't help an argument against the Wii.