Jump to topic:

Cell phones in school

bonnieluvs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/8/2010 8:15:24 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I think they should let us use our cell phones during school hours i think that would be awesome if i could text during lunch without getting in trouable
bonnie was here yesterday
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2010 11:15:09 AM
When I was in school no one had a mobile, when I was in college no one had a mobile, even when I was in uni hardly anyone had one at first.

It's funny how quickly things change!
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2010 11:20:39 AM
At 1/9/2010 11:15:09 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
When I was in school no one had a mobile, when I was in college no one had a mobile, even when I was in uni hardly anyone had one at first.

Quiet old man!
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/9/2010 11:23:57 AM
At 1/9/2010 11:20:39 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

Quiet old man!

Get off my lawn!
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/10/2010 9:51:51 PM
Only time cell-phones should be allowed in schools is during lunch break and before/after school. Jammers should be allowed to block the signals too since people still use them in class regardless which is extremely annoying. I know that last year there was a school in my province that was in the news about this. The principal got frustrated with this exact issue and installed a jammer to prevent use of cell-phones during class.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2010 5:52:03 AM
At 1/9/2010 11:23:57 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 1/9/2010 11:20:39 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

Quiet old man!

Get off my lawn!

This is a free country man!
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2010 5:52:38 AM
At 1/10/2010 9:51:51 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
Only time cell-phones should be allowed in schools is during lunch break and before/after school. Jammers should be allowed to block the signals too since people still use them in class regardless which is extremely annoying. I know that last year there was a school in my province that was in the news about this. The principal got frustrated with this exact issue and installed a jammer to prevent use of cell-phones during class.

If the jammer costs little I say go for it.
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2010 6:43:39 AM
At 1/10/2010 9:51:51 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:

Its more than that, our school had a problem with people using Cellphones during tests.

I dont see much difference between using cellphones during class, and bringing your laptop to school and playing games on it during class. Theres just no difference, youre distracted either way.
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2010 6:44:28 AM
Oh, and yes, it would be nice to use cellphones in school. Just like it would be nice to use laptops with internet access during tests. Its just not practical, from the schools perspective.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2010 12:15:17 PM
My old high school recently installed wifi access throughout the entire campus. And they provided a bandwidth that is more then the teachers could ever use and seems to be the right amount for student use. Though they tell the students not to use it and didn't even make it a secure network. Am I the only one that finds that stupid?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/19/2010 12:16:46 PM
but cell phones are a major distraction from course work and even offer the potential for cheating. I see no issue with school preventing their use during classes.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"