Jump to topic:

Semi-serious POS question

Beverlee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2013 9:59:22 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
I live in an apartment on the second floor. My dad rents a seperate apartment directly below me on the 1st floor, mostly for my sister when she's in town but also for whatever. I use his internet via a router and something else (I don't know).

My question... Since I am using his router and internet, can he see what I'm doing online? How much privacy do I have with a system like this?
Bullish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2013 4:16:37 PM
At 12/22/2013 9:59:22 PM, Beverlee wrote:
I live in an apartment on the second floor. My dad rents a seperate apartment directly below me on the 1st floor, mostly for my sister when she's in town but also for whatever. I use his internet via a router and something else (I don't know).

My question... Since I am using his router and internet, can he see what I'm doing online? How much privacy do I have with a system like this?

No if you have network sharing disabled.

He can't intercept signals if your Wi-Fi is encrypted.

Yes if he has specifically installed sharing software on your computer.

Yes if he knows how to hack through a shared router.
0x5f3759df
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2013 8:19:55 PM
At 12/23/2013 4:28:23 PM, Bullish wrote:
http://superuser.com...

If your dad doesn't understand what this means, you're ok.

clicked "like" button
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%