Jump to topic:

Semi-serious POS question

Beverlee
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2013 9:59:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I live in an apartment on the second floor. My dad rents a seperate apartment directly below me on the 1st floor, mostly for my sister when she's in town but also for whatever. I use his internet via a router and something else (I don't know).

My question... Since I am using his router and internet, can he see what I'm doing online? How much privacy do I have with a system like this?
Bullish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2013 4:16:37 PM
At 12/22/2013 9:59:22 PM, Beverlee wrote:
I live in an apartment on the second floor. My dad rents a seperate apartment directly below me on the 1st floor, mostly for my sister when she's in town but also for whatever. I use his internet via a router and something else (I don't know).

My question... Since I am using his router and internet, can he see what I'm doing online? How much privacy do I have with a system like this?

No if you have network sharing disabled.

He can't intercept signals if your Wi-Fi is encrypted.

Yes if he has specifically installed sharing software on your computer.

Yes if he knows how to hack through a shared router.
0x5f3759df
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/23/2013 8:19:55 PM
At 12/23/2013 4:28:23 PM, Bullish wrote:
http://superuser.com...

If your dad doesn't understand what this means, you're ok.

clicked "like" button
Beware of the people who are in your circle but are not in your corner.

And with the stroke of a pen people 18 to 21 who own a gun became criminals and public enemy #1 having committed no crime and having said nothing. Just like the Jews in Germany during WW2. Must be a weird feeling.

When I hear people crying and whining about their first world problems I think about the universe with everything in it and people in wheelchairs and all of their problems go away.