Jump to topic:

Does anybody else Despise Windows 8?

R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2014 11:05:07 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
OMG it's maddening! The new touchphone-looking environment doesn't communicate at all with the standard environment, and trying to work with both is super awkward! Plus they are taking the automation too far... I hated when Windows elbowed-out DOS and then I was utterly dependent on Windows... now they are elbowing-out Windows for this new environment and in a version or two the old environment will have completely disappeared. I would rather be copying and moving files in DOS, tell you the truth. Every time they automate it more they actually make it less powerful. Having to click through screens when you can just issue one command, no matter where you are, is tedious.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
TheAntidoter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2014 10:52:50 AM
At 1/13/2014 11:05:07 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:
OMG it's maddening! The new touchphone-looking environment doesn't communicate at all with the standard environment, and trying to work with both is super awkward! Plus they are taking the automation too far... I hated when Windows elbowed-out DOS and then I was utterly dependent on Windows... now they are elbowing-out Windows for this new environment and in a version or two the old environment will have completely disappeared. I would rather be copying and moving files in DOS, tell you the truth. Every time they automate it more they actually make it less powerful. Having to click through screens when you can just issue one command, no matter where you are, is tedious.

I wish I could say I understand, and I wish I could, but I've never been there during the days of old. I do however use command prompt and terminal, so I get what you are getting at.
Affinity: Fire
Class: Human
Abilities: ????

Nac.

WOAH, COLORED FONT!
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2014 11:38:56 AM
At 1/14/2014 10:52:50 AM, TheAntidoter wrote:
At 1/13/2014 11:05:07 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:

I wish I could say I understand, and I wish I could, but I've never been there during the days of old. I do however use command prompt and terminal, so I get what you are getting at.

I would still use command prompt if the directories weren't so complicated nowadays. It used to be so easy... you had c:\, and all your programs had a directory in there. Now C:\ is just a place in "computer." And there are so many directories all over the place that you need windows to administrate it all for you.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
drhead
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2014 11:40:10 AM
Yes. It'd be fine if they didn't take out things that nobody was complaining about, such as the normal start menu and aero. It would also be nice of them to lay things out in a way that makes sense, and for them to acknowledge that desktop users still exist before entirely replacing the UI with something that is designed only for touchscreen tablets and doesn't take into consideration simple things like people who actually use normal mice. Some people will always prefer desktops for the simple fact that a desktop's power will always far outweigh the power of any portable computer.

The next release will probably fix this, although they seem to have broken things far worse than they did in Vista or ME. If it doesn't, I'm just going to switch to Linux.
Wall of Fail

"You reject religion... calling it a sickness, to what ends??? Are you a Homosexual??" - Dogknox
"For me, Evolution is a zombie theory. I mean imaginary cartoons and wishful thinking support it?" - Dragonfang
"There are no mental health benefits of atheism. It is devoid of rational thinking and mental protection." - Gabrian