Total Posts:29|Showing Posts:1-29
Jump to topic:

Do these sound like good ideas to you?

Dishoungh
Posts: 150
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/22/2014 12:56:41 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
I really don't care if you say no because these ideas are mostly like things to copy Batman because I LOVE BATMAN!

1. Well, typed all this on my phone. I just thought of this idea on a bus ride to home. I was like, "This is a decent idea." So, I just took some notes on my phone. Let me see.
What does it do?
It's a social networking site that shows off who you are pretty much. Everyone can see you and they can interact with you. Now, that's basic. I'm not going to have them show personal info like that. I'm still trying to think about this. It's a good idea, but feel that something is not right. Basically, what you want to do is kind of become popular. Everyone wants to become popular right? I don't want people to take it the wrong way. But, I'm just going to type what's on my phone anyway.

What happens when you're popular?
You will have a lot of people in your "follow" page. If you have friends, they will be on your "friends" page.

How will you become popular?
- Has a reputation system built in.
- Each user has the option to send a "review" about someone.
- They can like or dislike the user
- Having a huge amount of likes will make you "popular."
- You will appear in the head page as one of the "Popular people."

What about celebrities?

- You won't be popular forever. Everyone can have the opportunity to be "popular." There will be 2 popular categories. The "New Popular People" (People who were never popular before) and the "Old Popular People" (People who have been popular forever).

How to communicate?
- By Face cam or by message.
- You can have a "group chat" where more than 2 users are chatting in face cam.

What will the reputation system do?
- This is my answer to cyberbullying
- It recommends others with similar ratios of likes to dislikes like you.
- Ex: I, with 185 likes, will be recommended to someone with a range of 150-200 likes.

How can I show the world who I am?
- You can tell the world what's going on and post videos of what's happening.
- Ex: I saved a person's life. If a type that and post a video as proof. That will attract some people.

I know that not everything is detailed and there still maybe some problems that I haven't taken into account. Do you have any questions about my idea? Again, I really don't care that much about this idea. I'm not even a social network guy to be honest.

2. Electromagnetic Weapons

- Pretty much like a batarang looking thing that floats when you tell it to.
- And it knocks people the **** out.

How it floats?

- My idea is to have some electromagnetic gloves that is sensitive to magnets. I haven't studied electromagnetics, but my theory is I can control what to repel and what to retract by using electricity maybe. I don't know, but that's the point of experimentation.

I know it sounds ridiculous, but again, I don't really care.

3. In general, the electromagnetic glove

- Repels and Retracts objects when you command them to.

- For it to work, I theorize that attached sensors are required for the object to move.

Wouldn't it be cool if you can open and close doors by simply swaying your hand? Again, don't care if you say no. As a matter of fact, even if you said yes, my reaction wouldn't make much of a difference even though I would like it if someone said yes.
I may be somewhat ingenuous. But, I will defy against all odds to seek righteousness and justice. That's my goal.
sadolite
Posts: 8,838
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2014 6:35:32 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/22/2014 12:56:41 AM, Dishoungh wrote:
I really don't care if you say no because these ideas are mostly like things to copy Batman because I LOVE BATMAN!

1. Well, typed all this on my phone. I just thought of this idea on a bus ride to home. I was like, "This is a decent idea." So, I just took some notes on my phone. Let me see.
What does it do?
It's a social networking site that shows off who you are pretty much. Everyone can see you and they can interact with you. Now, that's basic. I'm not going to have them show personal info like that. I'm still trying to think about this. It's a good idea, but feel that something is not right. Basically, what you want to do is kind of become popular. Everyone wants to become popular right? I don't want people to take it the wrong way. But, I'm just going to type what's on my phone anyway.

What happens when you're popular?
You will have a lot of people in your "follow" page. If you have friends, they will be on your "friends" page.

How will you become popular?
- Has a reputation system built in.
- Each user has the option to send a "review" about someone.
- They can like or dislike the user
- Having a huge amount of likes will make you "popular."
- You will appear in the head page as one of the "Popular people."

What about celebrities?

- You won't be popular forever. Everyone can have the opportunity to be "popular." There will be 2 popular categories. The "New Popular People" (People who were never popular before) and the "Old Popular People" (People who have been popular forever).

How to communicate?
- By Face cam or by message.
- You can have a "group chat" where more than 2 users are chatting in face cam.

What will the reputation system do?
- This is my answer to cyberbullying
- It recommends others with similar ratios of likes to dislikes like you.
- Ex: I, with 185 likes, will be recommended to someone with a range of 150-200 likes.

How can I show the world who I am?
- You can tell the world what's going on and post videos of what's happening.
- Ex: I saved a person's life. If a type that and post a video as proof. That will attract some people.

I know that not everything is detailed and there still maybe some problems that I haven't taken into account. Do you have any questions about my idea? Again, I really don't care that much about this idea. I'm not even a social network guy to be honest.

2. Electromagnetic Weapons

- Pretty much like a batarang looking thing that floats when you tell it to.
- And it knocks people the **** out.

How it floats?

- My idea is to have some electromagnetic gloves that is sensitive to magnets. I haven't studied electromagnetics, but my theory is I can control what to repel and what to retract by using electricity maybe. I don't know, but that's the point of experimentation.

I know it sounds ridiculous, but again, I don't really care.

3. In general, the electromagnetic glove

- Repels and Retracts objects when you command them to.

- For it to work, I theorize that attached sensors are required for the object to move.

Wouldn't it be cool if you can open and close doors by simply swaying your hand? Again, don't care if you say no. As a matter of fact, even if you said yes, my reaction wouldn't make much of a difference even though I would like it if someone said yes.

Eh Zuckerburg beat you to the punch, maybe that's how you came up with this ingenious idea.

Magnetic fields have little to no effect on things that are not metallic
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Dishoungh
Posts: 150
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2014 9:33:07 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/25/2014 6:35:32 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 3/22/2014 12:56:41 AM, Dishoungh wrote:
I really don't care if you say no because these ideas are mostly like things to copy Batman because I LOVE BATMAN!

1. Well, typed all this on my phone. I just thought of this idea on a bus ride to home. I was like, "This is a decent idea." So, I just took some notes on my phone. Let me see.
What does it do?
It's a social networking site that shows off who you are pretty much. Everyone can see you and they can interact with you. Now, that's basic. I'm not going to have them show personal info like that. I'm still trying to think about this. It's a good idea, but feel that something is not right. Basically, what you want to do is kind of become popular. Everyone wants to become popular right? I don't want people to take it the wrong way. But, I'm just going to type what's on my phone anyway.

What happens when you're popular?
You will have a lot of people in your "follow" page. If you have friends, they will be on your "friends" page.

How will you become popular?
- Has a reputation system built in.
- Each user has the option to send a "review" about someone.
- They can like or dislike the user
- Having a huge amount of likes will make you "popular."
- You will appear in the head page as one of the "Popular people."

What about celebrities?

- You won't be popular forever. Everyone can have the opportunity to be "popular." There will be 2 popular categories. The "New Popular People" (People who were never popular before) and the "Old Popular People" (People who have been popular forever).

How to communicate?
- By Face cam or by message.
- You can have a "group chat" where more than 2 users are chatting in face cam.

What will the reputation system do?
- This is my answer to cyberbullying
- It recommends others with similar ratios of likes to dislikes like you.
- Ex: I, with 185 likes, will be recommended to someone with a range of 150-200 likes.

How can I show the world who I am?
- You can tell the world what's going on and post videos of what's happening.
- Ex: I saved a person's life. If a type that and post a video as proof. That will attract some people.

I know that not everything is detailed and there still maybe some problems that I haven't taken into account. Do you have any questions about my idea? Again, I really don't care that much about this idea. I'm not even a social network guy to be honest.

2. Electromagnetic Weapons

- Pretty much like a batarang looking thing that floats when you tell it to.
- And it knocks people the **** out.

How it floats?

- My idea is to have some electromagnetic gloves that is sensitive to magnets. I haven't studied electromagnetics, but my theory is I can control what to repel and what to retract by using electricity maybe. I don't know, but that's the point of experimentation.

I know it sounds ridiculous, but again, I don't really care.

3. In general, the electromagnetic glove

- Repels and Retracts objects when you command them to.

- For it to work, I theorize that attached sensors are required for the object to move.

Wouldn't it be cool if you can open and close doors by simply swaying your hand? Again, don't care if you say no. As a matter of fact, even if you said yes, my reaction wouldn't make much of a difference even though I would like it if someone said yes.

Eh Zuckerburg beat you to the punch, maybe that's how you came up with this ingenious idea.

Magnetic fields have little to no effect on things that are not metallic

I didn't say it will work on nonmetallic things.
I may be somewhat ingenuous. But, I will defy against all odds to seek righteousness and justice. That's my goal.
cybertron1998
Posts: 5,818
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 8:31:01 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
the last 2 would be horrible ideas. why because electromagnets of that magnitude would require a lot of energy. it would be horrible inefficient
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
Dishoungh
Posts: 150
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 5:44:43 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/26/2014 8:31:01 AM, cybertron1998 wrote:
the last 2 would be horrible ideas. why because electromagnets of that magnitude would require a lot of energy. it would be horrible inefficient

You wouldn't know because nobody hasn't done any experimentation. Don't just assume that it won't work. Nobody expected things like the cell phone, computer, or the automobile to work in the past.
I may be somewhat ingenuous. But, I will defy against all odds to seek righteousness and justice. That's my goal.
cybertron1998
Posts: 5,818
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 8:55:57 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/26/2014 5:44:43 PM, Dishoungh wrote:
At 3/26/2014 8:31:01 AM, cybertron1998 wrote:
the last 2 would be horrible ideas. why because electromagnets of that magnitude would require a lot of energy. it would be horrible inefficient

You wouldn't know because nobody hasn't done any experimentation. Don't just assume that it won't work. Nobody expected things like the cell phone, computer, or the automobile to work in the past.

actually yes i would know because there has been experimentation on the uses of electromagnets. The railgun is a theoretical idea for a electromagnetic weapon. the problem is that electromagnets require a lot of energy to work effectively. Now you don't assume that i am not going of nothing.
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
Dishoungh
Posts: 150
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 9:46:35 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/26/2014 8:55:57 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 3/26/2014 5:44:43 PM, Dishoungh wrote:
At 3/26/2014 8:31:01 AM, cybertron1998 wrote:
the last 2 would be horrible ideas. why because electromagnets of that magnitude would require a lot of energy. it would be horrible inefficient

You wouldn't know because nobody hasn't done any experimentation. Don't just assume that it won't work. Nobody expected things like the cell phone, computer, or the automobile to work in the past.

actually yes i would know because there has been experimentation on the uses of electromagnets. The railgun is a theoretical idea for a electromagnetic weapon. the problem is that electromagnets require a lot of energy to work effectively. Now you don't assume that i am not going of nothing.

But, you're talking using electromagnets as projectiles. We are not talking about rail guns. Railguns uses electromagnets to shoot an electrically charged projectile. The idea I'm talking about isn't about projectiles to kill people. It's to push and pull objects. The basic idea of magnetics.
I may be somewhat ingenuous. But, I will defy against all odds to seek righteousness and justice. That's my goal.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 11:20:16 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/26/2014 5:44:43 PM, Dishoungh wrote:
At 3/26/2014 8:31:01 AM, cybertron1998 wrote:
the last 2 would be horrible ideas. why because electromagnets of that magnitude would require a lot of energy. it would be horrible inefficient

You wouldn't know because nobody hasn't done any experimentation. Don't just assume that it won't work. Nobody expected things like the cell phone, computer, or the automobile to work in the past.
....

. It's to push and pull objects. The basic idea of magnetics.
Yes. We've done experimentation on that and more. Lots of experimentation. We know VERY WELL what magnets do. Pick up your sister's vibrator. Do you know what happens inside? A battery contains two solutions, one filled with anions, one with cations. There's a DC motor with unbalanced weight, and wires leading from each end of the motor to each end of the battery, with a small break in the wiring so the circuit isn't on. When you flick the switch to on, a conductor is mechanically moved into position, completing the circuit. The wiring inside the motor is heavily wound to create an armature. As current passes through the circuit, it creates a magnetic flux (a force rotating clockwise around the coil if you're looking in the direction of current flow). This flux interacts with that of another set of wires going through the motor, the field windings, which produce flux by the same principle. The magnetic flux, magnetic field, magnetic lines of force, however you want to model it, interacts in a manner that creates rotary force. The off balance weight turns that rotation into vibration.

How does your sister's vibrator manufacturer give her the perfect amount of vibration? Because every new vibrator model is an experiment that confirms the mathematical models of magnetism on which the previous designs were based. Every Segway some fat dude rides on the sidewalk, every centrifuge in which a nation uses secret data to refine uranium to the appropriate grade, every household blender: If these people do not know, mathematically and with precision, what a magnet will accomplish when used in a certain way, they would not get the results they wanted. Your sister would have no vibrator, the burger shop would have to hand-stir milkshakes, you would have no electric drill, there would be no such thing as a Prius, we would have no nuclear weapons or nuclear power industry.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 11:50:11 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
In fact, do you know how the "e" I just typed here is stored on this computer? Forget extraneous data associated with the e like its location and whatnot, just the ASCII value of e. 8 bits, one of which is junk because ASCII rolls like that. That means somewhere my RAM, which is DRAM, there are 8 transistors of some variety, probably involving metal oxides, holding it. Forget what a transistor is, we only use transistors for this purpose because they are small-- they are essentially pretending to be a capacitor. Two metal plates in the standard model of a capacitor (or doped silicon in this case), with something electrons don't like to pass through between them, air for most capacitors (that's the metal oxide here). Electrons flow down the wire (more doped silicon in this case) because difference in potential, and accumulate on one of the "plates." It becomes charged. It repels electrons on the other side-- it becomes, essentially, a goddamn magnet. Charged capacitor has one voltage drop, uncharged capacitor has a different voltage drop, that's your 0s and 1s, your RAM has billions of these goddamn things. Billions of magnets in that box in front of you, storing data, needing to be refreshed many many times per second because of the extremely short time constant of MOS capacitance, and this somehow all WORKS, and we don't actually know how magnets work you say.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2014 11:54:58 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Now don't go telling any future science teachers you have that a capacitor is a magnet. They're different things really, I was vastly oversimplifying to demonstrate something-- but they both attract and repel things through the same force, a force that, confusing as it is, is understood well enough by enough people to give us all the wonders you see before you.

Oh, and the electricity flowing through your computer right now, assuming you're plugged in? The generator it comes from is just a motor, except with all the steps I described for a motor reverse, rotary force moves the magnetic lines of force across the wires, inducing a current.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Dishoungh
Posts: 150
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 1:48:25 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/26/2014 11:20:16 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 3/26/2014 5:44:43 PM, Dishoungh wrote:
At 3/26/2014 8:31:01 AM, cybertron1998 wrote:
the last 2 would be horrible ideas. why because electromagnets of that magnitude would require a lot of energy. it would be horrible inefficient

You wouldn't know because nobody hasn't done any experimentation. Don't just assume that it won't work. Nobody expected things like the cell phone, computer, or the automobile to work in the past.
....

. It's to push and pull objects. The basic idea of magnetics.
Yes. We've done experimentation on that and more. Lots of experimentation. We know VERY WELL what magnets do. Pick up your sister's vibrator. Do you know what happens inside? A battery contains two solutions, one filled with anions, one with cations. There's a DC motor with unbalanced weight, and wires leading from each end of the motor to each end of the battery, with a small break in the wiring so the circuit isn't on. When you flick the switch to on, a conductor is mechanically moved into position, completing the circuit. The wiring inside the motor is heavily wound to create an armature. As current passes through the circuit, it creates a magnetic flux (a force rotating clockwise around the coil if you're looking in the direction of current flow). This flux interacts with that of another set of wires going through the motor, the field windings, which produce flux by the same principle. The magnetic flux, magnetic field, magnetic lines of force, however you want to model it, interacts in a manner that creates rotary force. The off balance weight turns that rotation into vibration.

How does your sister's vibrator manufacturer give her the perfect amount of vibration? Because every new vibrator model is an experiment that confirms the mathematical models of magnetism on which the previous designs were based. Every Segway some fat dude rides on the sidewalk, every centrifuge in which a nation uses secret data to refine uranium to the appropriate grade, every household blender: If these people do not know, mathematically and with precision, what a magnet will accomplish when used in a certain way, they would not get the results they wanted. Your sister would have no vibrator, the burger shop would have to hand-stir milkshakes, you would have no electric drill, there would be no such thing as a Prius, we would have no nuclear weapons or nuclear power industry.

Thanks, you mentioned Uranium. I imagined Uranium having to do with the theory behind magnetics. To ask, Uranium is nuclear atom right? I know nothing of electromagnetics except for some things.

1. Electricity flowing through a wrapped coil created a Magnetic field.

I don't know if this is corrected. I just learned this today so don't look at me.

2. Obviously, you use electricity through magnets.

Everyone should know that even though they know nothing of electromagnetism.

My own developed hypothesis is I can use electricity to emit a controlled magnetic field. But, I'm thinking of some facts at hand. Will the change of flow change the behavior of the field? That's the question I'm asking. You see, what I mean? There's no point of saying something is stupid just because it sounds stupid like cybertron did. I follow one of Murphy's Law of the Military and strongly agree with it. "If it's stupid, but works. Then it's not stupid."

I need to study electromagnetism over the summer. I need to find some professionals maybe to conduct some research and theorization.
I may be somewhat ingenuous. But, I will defy against all odds to seek righteousness and justice. That's my goal.
cybertron1998
Posts: 5,818
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 8:12:36 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/26/2014 9:46:35 PM, Dishoungh wrote:
At 3/26/2014 8:55:57 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 3/26/2014 5:44:43 PM, Dishoungh wrote:
At 3/26/2014 8:31:01 AM, cybertron1998 wrote:
the last 2 would be horrible ideas. why because electromagnets of that magnitude would require a lot of energy. it would be horrible inefficient

You wouldn't know because nobody hasn't done any experimentation. Don't just assume that it won't work. Nobody expected things like the cell phone, computer, or the automobile to work in the past.

actually yes i would know because there has been experimentation on the uses of electromagnets. The railgun is a theoretical idea for a electromagnetic weapon. the problem is that electromagnets require a lot of energy to work effectively. Now you don't assume that i am not going of nothing.

But, you're talking using electromagnets as projectiles. We are not talking about rail guns. Railguns uses electromagnets to shoot an electrically charged projectile. The idea I'm talking about isn't about projectiles to kill people. It's to push and pull objects. The basic idea of magnetics.
even so electromagnets require a lot of energy
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
ESocialBookworm
Posts: 14,364
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 8:21:04 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
O_o Awkward
Solonkr~
I don't care about whether an ideology is "necessary" or not,
I care about how to solve problems,
which is what everyone else should also care about.

Ken~
In essence, the world is fucked up and you can either ignore it, become cynical or bitter about it.

Me~
"BAILEY + SOLON = SAILEY
MY SHIP SAILEY MUST SAIL"

SCREW THAT SHIZ #BANNIE = BAILEY & ANNIE

P.S. Shipped Sailey before it was cannon bitches.
Dishoungh
Posts: 150
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 11:57:13 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/27/2014 8:12:36 AM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 3/26/2014 9:46:35 PM, Dishoungh wrote:
At 3/26/2014 8:55:57 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 3/26/2014 5:44:43 PM, Dishoungh wrote:
At 3/26/2014 8:31:01 AM, cybertron1998 wrote:
the last 2 would be horrible ideas. why because electromagnets of that magnitude would require a lot of energy. it would be horrible inefficient

You wouldn't know because nobody hasn't done any experimentation. Don't just assume that it won't work. Nobody expected things like the cell phone, computer, or the automobile to work in the past.

actually yes i would know because there has been experimentation on the uses of electromagnets. The railgun is a theoretical idea for a electromagnetic weapon. the problem is that electromagnets require a lot of energy to work effectively. Now you don't assume that i am not going of nothing.

But, you're talking using electromagnets as projectiles. We are not talking about rail guns. Railguns uses electromagnets to shoot an electrically charged projectile. The idea I'm talking about isn't about projectiles to kill people. It's to push and pull objects. The basic idea of magnetics.
even so electromagnets require a lot of energy

So? And, that's going to stop me from doing experimentation? There are devices that reduce power consumption. I want to see for myself. I'm not going to not do it because some scientist blurted out some bulls**t saying it requires a lot of energy. So? The electronics we have right now and how often we plug to charge our electronics already requires tons of energy. The current iPhone uses more energy than a refrigerator.
I may be somewhat ingenuous. But, I will defy against all odds to seek righteousness and justice. That's my goal.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 12:07:53 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/27/2014 1:48:25 AM, Dishoungh wrote:
Thanks, you mentioned Uranium. I imagined Uranium having to do with the theory behind magnetics. To ask, Uranium is nuclear atom right? I know nothing of electromagnetics except for some things.

Uranium is not valued for its electromagnetic properties, the nuclear force is a different force entirely. Uranium is valued for its large nucleus and relative abundance to other large nuclei.


1. Electricity flowing through a wrapped coil created a Magnetic field.

I don't know if this is corrected. I just learned this today so don't look at me.
Wrapped? I don't know what that means but if you subtract the word from the sentence that is a true statement.


2. Obviously, you use electricity through magnets.
You generate electricity with magnets, usually. Not the only way to use electricity, although all forms of electricity will have at least SOME analogy since it is the same force repelling or attracting the same particles.

My own developed hypothesis is I can use electricity to emit a controlled magnetic field.
You can, but not in the sense you can tell the field to ignore other things of similar reluctance, nor create one of disproportionate strength to the electricity used.

But, I'm thinking of some facts at hand. Will the change of flow change the behavior of the field?
It will change the direction of force. In motors, the direction of rotation.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 12:15:49 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/27/2014 11:57:13 AM, Dishoungh wrote:

So? And, that's going to stop me from doing experimentation? There are devices that reduce power consumption.
I don't know what you mean by this. Different technologies have different losses, but there's an absolute natural limit. This limit is known, we approach it asymptotically in reality in the most efficient applications and all the math checks out with every observation for what the ideal lossless case of various electrical applications would be. Students of electricity study the ideal lossless case before they even learn what losses there are.

I want to see for myself. I'm not going to not do it because some scientist blurted out some bulls**t saying it requires a lot of energy. So? The electronics we have right now and how often we plug to charge our electronics already requires tons of energy. The current iPhone uses more energy than a refrigerator.
Not really, at least not if you mean electrical energy. It's a digital device, it relies on billions of tiny things being charged tiny amounts that even after being multiplied by billions still aren't much power. It uses a 3.7 volt battery, and most currents inside it will be pretty small too. When you hook it up to the wall, the main function of that little box on the cord is to make sure full wall current doesn't fry everything inside. It would not be able to handle the electrical energy running through your refrigerator, and no matter how powerful in information processing terms it was, the magnetic effects of its current even with the best winding techniques we have to produce the tiny motor inside produce only a little vibration. Across the room, those magnetic effects might as well not exist.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Lovely_Soldier
Posts: 23
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 1:01:55 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/22/2014 12:56:41 AM, Dishoungh wrote:
I really don't care if you say no because these ideas are mostly like things to copy Batman because I LOVE BATMAN!

1. Well, typed all this on my phone. I just thought of this idea on a bus ride to home. I was like, "This is a decent idea." So, I just took some notes on my phone. Let me see.
What does it do?
It's a social networking site that shows off who you are pretty much. Everyone can see you and they can interact with you. Now, that's basic. I'm not going to have them show personal info like that. I'm still trying to think about this. It's a good idea, but feel that something is not right. Basically, what you want to do is kind of become popular. Everyone wants to become popular right? I don't want people to take it the wrong way. But, I'm just going to type what's on my phone anyway.

What happens when you're popular?
You will have a lot of people in your "follow" page. If you have friends, they will be on your "friends" page.

How will you become popular?
- Has a reputation system built in.
- Each user has the option to send a "review" about someone.
- They can like or dislike the user
- Having a huge amount of likes will make you "popular."
- You will appear in the head page as one of the "Popular people."

What about celebrities?

- You won't be popular forever. Everyone can have the opportunity to be "popular." There will be 2 popular categories. The "New Popular People" (People who were never popular before) and the "Old Popular People" (People who have been popular forever).

How to communicate?
- By Face cam or by message.
- You can have a "group chat" where more than 2 users are chatting in face cam.

What will the reputation system do?
- This is my answer to cyberbullying
- It recommends others with similar ratios of likes to dislikes like you.
- Ex: I, with 185 likes, will be recommended to someone with a range of 150-200 likes.

How can I show the world who I am?
- You can tell the world what's going on and post videos of what's happening.
- Ex: I saved a person's life. If a type that and post a video as proof. That will attract some people.

I know that not everything is detailed and there still maybe some problems that I haven't taken into account. Do you have any questions about my idea? Again, I really don't care that much about this idea. I'm not even a social network guy to be honest.

This idea would either be good in a way, or terrible, it could turn into another site where you try to be better than everyone else, if you're trying to be the most popular, you put everyone else beneath you. Which no one will like you leaving you un-popular, so if that's everyone's goal no ones gonna be popular :P

Or it could all work out...

2. Electromagnetic Weapons

Question. Who are these weapons for? The world needs no more weapons in their possession! Then again it all depends on who they're for.

- Pretty much like a batarang looking thing that floats when you tell it to.
- And it knocks people the **** out.

How it floats?

- My idea is to have some electromagnetic gloves that is sensitive to magnets. I haven't studied electromagnetics, but my theory is I can control what to repel and what to retract by using electricity maybe. I don't know, but that's the point of experimentation.

I know it sounds ridiculous, but again, I don't really care.

3. In general, the electromagnetic glove

- Repels and Retracts objects when you command them to.

- For it to work, I theorize that attached sensors are required for the object to move.

Wouldn't it be cool if you can open and close doors by simply swaying your hand? Again, don't care if you say no. As a matter of fact, even if you said yes, my reaction wouldn't make much of a difference even though I would like it if someone said yes.

Sure it would be cool, but this thread is called "Do these sound like good ideas to you?" so you want people's opinions, but then you really don't want opinions because you don't care either way...
Dishoungh
Posts: 150
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 1:37:17 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/27/2014 12:07:53 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 3/27/2014 1:48:25 AM, Dishoungh wrote:
Thanks, you mentioned Uranium. I imagined Uranium having to do with the theory behind magnetics. To ask, Uranium is nuclear atom right? I know nothing of electromagnetics except for some things.

Uranium is not valued for its electromagnetic properties, the nuclear force is a different force entirely. Uranium is valued for its large nucleus and relative abundance to other large nuclei.


1. Electricity flowing through a wrapped coil created a Magnetic field.

I don't know if this is corrected. I just learned this today so don't look at me.
Wrapped? I don't know what that means but if you subtract the word from the sentence that is a true statement.

It's a coil with this metal thing wrapped around it. This:
http://www.google.com...


2. Obviously, you use electricity through magnets.

You generate electricity with magnets, usually. Not the only way to use electricity, although all forms of electricity will have at least SOME analogy since it is the same force repelling or attracting the same particles.


My own developed hypothesis is I can use electricity to emit a controlled magnetic field.
You can, but not in the sense you can tell the field to ignore other things of similar reluctance, nor create one of disproportionate strength to the electricity used.

But, I'm thinking of some facts at hand. Will the change of flow change the behavior of the field?
It will change the direction of force. In motors, the direction of rotation.

Then, I will study that. That's point I'm trying to make.
I may be somewhat ingenuous. But, I will defy against all odds to seek righteousness and justice. That's my goal.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/27/2014 4:59:43 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/27/2014 1:37:17 PM, Dishoungh wrote:
It's a coil with this metal thing wrapped around it. This:
http://www.google.com...
The link seems to suggest they just use "wrap" as a synonym for the verb, coil. I can see how "coiling the coil" would be confusing to some, though I would use "coiling the wire" where they said "wrapping the coil."

Then, I will study that. That's point I'm trying to make.
And you will find a far more effective version of your Glove of Door Opening already exists-- the standard garage door opener, which operates with digital logic carried via infrared signals, allowing small digital currents local to the glove send data to the door's PLC to control switches which complete circuits for larger currents to operate motors which open and close the door. The same people who designed the Nintendo Wii, let alone anything actually cutting edge, could easily make a glove that does the same thing-- although there's no market for doing it when a convenient rod you don't have to get in a different size for every person in the household already exists.

The human race has already mastered that level of technology, it is just done through different mechanisms than you imagine.The available ground for you to invent useful things that fulfill presently unfulfilled needs is elsewhere.

As for your batarangs, even if you could make such things magnetically (you can't), there's no point. Medically, "knocking people out" via blunt force is an idea that only really fulfilled any historical niche where people couldn't sharpen things durably, or where people had full plate.. Blunt force is unpredictable-- you can knock someone over the head and you might kill them, you might cause brain damage, they might shrug it off, they might wake up 5 minutes or 5 hours later just fine. Whatever your intent, there's a more predictable way to accomplish it. Want to kill someone and be fairly confident they'll be dead? High speed lead injection via enclosed chemical explosion tubes, empty the magazine in them. Want to incapacitate someone and be fairly certain they'll be fine later? Use a taser-- virtually no one has ever put up a successful resistance when struck and deaths are incredibly rare.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Dishoungh
Posts: 150
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 3:55:35 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/27/2014 4:59:43 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 3/27/2014 1:37:17 PM, Dishoungh wrote:
It's a coil with this metal thing wrapped around it. This:
http://www.google.com...
The link seems to suggest they just use "wrap" as a synonym for the verb, coil. I can see how "coiling the coil" would be confusing to some, though I would use "coiling the wire" where they said "wrapping the coil."

Then, I will study that. That's point I'm trying to make.
And you will find a far more effective version of your Glove of Door Opening already exists-- the standard garage door opener, which operates with digital logic carried via infrared signals, allowing small digital currents local to the glove send data to the door's PLC to control switches which complete circuits for larger currents to operate motors which open and close the door. The same people who designed the Nintendo Wii, let alone anything actually cutting edge, could easily make a glove that does the same thing-- although there's no market for doing it when a convenient rod you don't have to get in a different size for every person in the household already exists.

The human race has already mastered that level of technology, it is just done through different mechanisms than you imagine.The available ground for you to invent useful things that fulfill presently unfulfilled needs is elsewhere.

As for your batarangs, even if you could make such things magnetically (you can't), there's no point. Medically, "knocking people out" via blunt force is an idea that only really fulfilled any historical niche where people couldn't sharpen things durably, or where people had full plate.. Blunt force is unpredictable-- you can knock someone over the head and you might kill them, you might cause brain damage, they might shrug it off, they might wake up 5 minutes or 5 hours later just fine. Whatever your intent, there's a more predictable way to accomplish it. Want to kill someone and be fairly confident they'll be dead? High speed lead injection via enclosed chemical explosion tubes, empty the magazine in them. Want to incapacitate someone and be fairly certain they'll be fine later? Use a taser-- virtually no one has ever put up a successful resistance when struck and deaths are incredibly rare.

If they've already mastered this, why don't I see it being used to it's full potential? When you say "mastered", what do you mean by that? Nobody knows what is going on. Nobody knows what's being invented and what's not. Really? Garage doors? That's it? There's got to be more to it than that. Again, that's the point. I'll study electromagnetics and figure some stuff out.
I don't want to knock them out or kill them. I was just thinking unrealistically because batarangs are sharp and light? It must travel at a very quick speed in order to do anything really. Unless, if you triggered an electrical discharge and electrocuted him. But, even that might cause way more damage than knocking him out. So, forget the whole batarang idea.
I got the batarang idea from my other original idea.
I may be somewhat ingenuous. But, I will defy against all odds to seek righteousness and justice. That's my goal.
cybertron1998
Posts: 5,818
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 9:04:55 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/29/2014 3:55:35 AM, Dishoungh wrote:
At 3/27/2014 4:59:43 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 3/27/2014 1:37:17 PM, Dishoungh wrote:
It's a coil with this metal thing wrapped around it. This:
http://www.google.com...
The link seems to suggest they just use "wrap" as a synonym for the verb, coil. I can see how "coiling the coil" would be confusing to some, though I would use "coiling the wire" where they said "wrapping the coil."

Then, I will study that. That's point I'm trying to make.
And you will find a far more effective version of your Glove of Door Opening already exists-- the standard garage door opener, which operates with digital logic carried via infrared signals, allowing small digital currents local to the glove send data to the door's PLC to control switches which complete circuits for larger currents to operate motors which open and close the door. The same people who designed the Nintendo Wii, let alone anything actually cutting edge, could easily make a glove that does the same thing-- although there's no market for doing it when a convenient rod you don't have to get in a different size for every person in the household already exists.

The human race has already mastered that level of technology, it is just done through different mechanisms than you imagine.The available ground for you to invent useful things that fulfill presently unfulfilled needs is elsewhere.

As for your batarangs, even if you could make such things magnetically (you can't), there's no point. Medically, "knocking people out" via blunt force is an idea that only really fulfilled any historical niche where people couldn't sharpen things durably, or where people had full plate.. Blunt force is unpredictable-- you can knock someone over the head and you might kill them, you might cause brain damage, they might shrug it off, they might wake up 5 minutes or 5 hours later just fine. Whatever your intent, there's a more predictable way to accomplish it. Want to kill someone and be fairly confident they'll be dead? High speed lead injection via enclosed chemical explosion tubes, empty the magazine in them. Want to incapacitate someone and be fairly certain they'll be fine later? Use a taser-- virtually no one has ever put up a successful resistance when struck and deaths are incredibly rare.

If they've already mastered this, why don't I see it being used to it's full potential? When you say "mastered", what do you mean by that? Nobody knows what is going on. Nobody knows what's being invented and what's not. Really? Garage doors? That's it? There's got to be more to it than that. Again, that's the point. I'll study electromagnetics and figure some stuff out.
I don't want to knock them out or kill them. I was just thinking unrealistically because batarangs are sharp and light? It must travel at a very quick speed in order to do anything really. Unless, if you triggered an electrical discharge and electrocuted him. But, even that might cause way more damage than knocking him out. So, forget the whole batarang idea.
I got the batarang idea from my other original idea.

original? your electromagnetic weapon is just another directed energy weapon so its pretty apparent you weren't the first to think it up. http://en.wikipedia.org...

The active denial system, one the only directed energy weapons. its very effective and already does what you're thinking of, non lethal deterrent. but electromagnetic weapons. you do know how horribly magnets can damage the body correct?
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
cybertron1998
Posts: 5,818
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 9:07:03 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
http://en.wikipedia.org...

also look at pulsed energy projectile on this page.
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 5:58:22 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
If they've already mastered this, why don't I see it being used to it's full potential? When you say "mastered", what do you mean by that?
I mean there aren't really any great number or level of things w/r/t magnet-wire or magnet-magnet interactions that we don't already do. It is being used to its full potential, which is significantly more than opening doors, and includes opening doors, although you have to equip the door with a machine too. (Opening doors you aren't allowed to hook up a motor to is done with things called breaching rounds, and should ideally not be an every day occurrence).
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 6:06:52 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
you do know how horribly magnets can damage the body correct?
I don't know that, at least not directly. Doctors stick people through powerful magnetic fields all the time, and there's not a lot of evidence of any significant damage, except where there's an implanted medical device with significant metal content (which is why such implants are now typically labelled for whether they are MRI safe).
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Dishoungh
Posts: 150
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 7:12:18 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/29/2014 9:04:55 AM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 3/29/2014 3:55:35 AM, Dishoungh wrote:
At 3/27/2014 4:59:43 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 3/27/2014 1:37:17 PM, Dishoungh wrote:
It's a coil with this metal thing wrapped around it. This:
http://www.google.com...
The link seems to suggest they just use "wrap" as a synonym for the verb, coil. I can see how "coiling the coil" would be confusing to some, though I would use "coiling the wire" where they said "wrapping the coil."

Then, I will study that. That's point I'm trying to make.
And you will find a far more effective version of your Glove of Door Opening already exists-- the standard garage door opener, which operates with digital logic carried via infrared signals, allowing small digital currents local to the glove send data to the door's PLC to control switches which complete circuits for larger currents to operate motors which open and close the door. The same people who designed the Nintendo Wii, let alone anything actually cutting edge, could easily make a glove that does the same thing-- although there's no market for doing it when a convenient rod you don't have to get in a different size for every person in the household already exists.

The human race has already mastered that level of technology, it is just done through different mechanisms than you imagine.The available ground for you to invent useful things that fulfill presently unfulfilled needs is elsewhere.

As for your batarangs, even if you could make such things magnetically (you can't), there's no point. Medically, "knocking people out" via blunt force is an idea that only really fulfilled any historical niche where people couldn't sharpen things durably, or where people had full plate.. Blunt force is unpredictable-- you can knock someone over the head and you might kill them, you might cause brain damage, they might shrug it off, they might wake up 5 minutes or 5 hours later just fine. Whatever your intent, there's a more predictable way to accomplish it. Want to kill someone and be fairly confident they'll be dead? High speed lead injection via enclosed chemical explosion tubes, empty the magazine in them. Want to incapacitate someone and be fairly certain they'll be fine later? Use a taser-- virtually no one has ever put up a successful resistance when struck and deaths are incredibly rare.

If they've already mastered this, why don't I see it being used to it's full potential? When you say "mastered", what do you mean by that? Nobody knows what is going on. Nobody knows what's being invented and what's not. Really? Garage doors? That's it? There's got to be more to it than that. Again, that's the point. I'll study electromagnetics and figure some stuff out.
I don't want to knock them out or kill them. I was just thinking unrealistically because batarangs are sharp and light? It must travel at a very quick speed in order to do anything really. Unless, if you triggered an electrical discharge and electrocuted him. But, even that might cause way more damage than knocking him out. So, forget the whole batarang idea.
I got the batarang idea from my other original idea.

original? your electromagnetic weapon is just another directed energy weapon so its pretty apparent you weren't the first to think it up. http://en.wikipedia.org...

The active denial system, one the only directed energy weapons. its very effective and already does what you're thinking of, non lethal deterrent. but electromagnetic weapons. you do know how horribly magnets can damage the body correct?

You don't even know what I'm implying. Why are you still here?
I may be somewhat ingenuous. But, I will defy against all odds to seek righteousness and justice. That's my goal.
cybertron1998
Posts: 5,818
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 7:57:25 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/29/2014 7:12:18 PM, Dishoungh wrote:
At 3/29/2014 9:04:55 AM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 3/29/2014 3:55:35 AM, Dishoungh wrote:
At 3/27/2014 4:59:43 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 3/27/2014 1:37:17 PM, Dishoungh wrote:
It's a coil with this metal thing wrapped around it. This:
http://www.google.com...
The link seems to suggest they just use "wrap" as a synonym for the verb, coil. I can see how "coiling the coil" would be confusing to some, though I would use "coiling the wire" where they said "wrapping the coil."

Then, I will study that. That's point I'm trying to make.
And you will find a far more effective version of your Glove of Door Opening already exists-- the standard garage door opener, which operates with digital logic carried via infrared signals, allowing small digital currents local to the glove send data to the door's PLC to control switches which complete circuits for larger currents to operate motors which open and close the door. The same people who designed the Nintendo Wii, let alone anything actually cutting edge, could easily make a glove that does the same thing-- although there's no market for doing it when a convenient rod you don't have to get in a different size for every person in the household already exists.

The human race has already mastered that level of technology, it is just done through different mechanisms than you imagine.The available ground for you to invent useful things that fulfill presently unfulfilled needs is elsewhere.

As for your batarangs, even if you could make such things magnetically (you can't), there's no point. Medically, "knocking people out" via blunt force is an idea that only really fulfilled any historical niche where people couldn't sharpen things durably, or where people had full plate.. Blunt force is unpredictable-- you can knock someone over the head and you might kill them, you might cause brain damage, they might shrug it off, they might wake up 5 minutes or 5 hours later just fine. Whatever your intent, there's a more predictable way to accomplish it. Want to kill someone and be fairly confident they'll be dead? High speed lead injection via enclosed chemical explosion tubes, empty the magazine in them. Want to incapacitate someone and be fairly certain they'll be fine later? Use a taser-- virtually no one has ever put up a successful resistance when struck and deaths are incredibly rare.

If they've already mastered this, why don't I see it being used to it's full potential? When you say "mastered", what do you mean by that? Nobody knows what is going on. Nobody knows what's being invented and what's not. Really? Garage doors? That's it? There's got to be more to it than that. Again, that's the point. I'll study electromagnetics and figure some stuff out.
I don't want to knock them out or kill them. I was just thinking unrealistically because batarangs are sharp and light? It must travel at a very quick speed in order to do anything really. Unless, if you triggered an electrical discharge and electrocuted him. But, even that might cause way more damage than knocking him out. So, forget the whole batarang idea.
I got the batarang idea from my other original idea.

original? your electromagnetic weapon is just another directed energy weapon so its pretty apparent you weren't the first to think it up. http://en.wikipedia.org...

The active denial system, one the only directed energy weapons. its very effective and already does what you're thinking of, non lethal deterrent. but electromagnetic weapons. you do know how horribly magnets can damage the body correct?

You don't even know what I'm implying. Why are you still here?

if i leave am i truly gone. my posts are still here so aren't i still here do you really know if i am here or not
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
Dishoungh
Posts: 150
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 8:37:59 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/29/2014 7:57:25 PM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 3/29/2014 7:12:18 PM, Dishoungh wrote:
At 3/29/2014 9:04:55 AM, cybertron1998 wrote:
At 3/29/2014 3:55:35 AM, Dishoungh wrote:
At 3/27/2014 4:59:43 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 3/27/2014 1:37:17 PM, Dishoungh wrote:
It's a coil with this metal thing wrapped around it. This:
http://www.google.com...
The link seems to suggest they just use "wrap" as a synonym for the verb, coil. I can see how "coiling the coil" would be confusing to some, though I would use "coiling the wire" where they said "wrapping the coil."

Then, I will study that. That's point I'm trying to make.
And you will find a far more effective version of your Glove of Door Opening already exists-- the standard garage door opener, which operates with digital logic carried via infrared signals, allowing small digital currents local to the glove send data to the door's PLC to control switches which complete circuits for larger currents to operate motors which open and close the door. The same people who designed the Nintendo Wii, let alone anything actually cutting edge, could easily make a glove that does the same thing-- although there's no market for doing it when a convenient rod you don't have to get in a different size for every person in the household already exists.

The human race has already mastered that level of technology, it is just done through different mechanisms than you imagine.The available ground for you to invent useful things that fulfill presently unfulfilled needs is elsewhere.

As for your batarangs, even if you could make such things magnetically (you can't), there's no point. Medically, "knocking people out" via blunt force is an idea that only really fulfilled any historical niche where people couldn't sharpen things durably, or where people had full plate.. Blunt force is unpredictable-- you can knock someone over the head and you might kill them, you might cause brain damage, they might shrug it off, they might wake up 5 minutes or 5 hours later just fine. Whatever your intent, there's a more predictable way to accomplish it. Want to kill someone and be fairly confident they'll be dead? High speed lead injection via enclosed chemical explosion tubes, empty the magazine in them. Want to incapacitate someone and be fairly certain they'll be fine later? Use a taser-- virtually no one has ever put up a successful resistance when struck and deaths are incredibly rare.

If they've already mastered this, why don't I see it being used to it's full potential? When you say "mastered", what do you mean by that? Nobody knows what is going on. Nobody knows what's being invented and what's not. Really? Garage doors? That's it? There's got to be more to it than that. Again, that's the point. I'll study electromagnetics and figure some stuff out.
I don't want to knock them out or kill them. I was just thinking unrealistically because batarangs are sharp and light? It must travel at a very quick speed in order to do anything really. Unless, if you triggered an electrical discharge and electrocuted him. But, even that might cause way more damage than knocking him out. So, forget the whole batarang idea.
I got the batarang idea from my other original idea.

original? your electromagnetic weapon is just another directed energy weapon so its pretty apparent you weren't the first to think it up. http://en.wikipedia.org...

The active denial system, one the only directed energy weapons. its very effective and already does what you're thinking of, non lethal deterrent. but electromagnetic weapons. you do know how horribly magnets can damage the body correct?

You don't even know what I'm implying. Why are you still here?

if i leave am i truly gone. my posts are still here so aren't i still here do you really know if i am here or not

You have a offended me and you shall leave! BE GONE! *Dramatic Thunder Claps and Lightning Strikes*

You have no idea of what I'm even talking about. The link you gave me wasn't even near what I was talking about. That device uses Electromagnetic waves and radiation. Meaning it's emitting waves. It's like those things off of the Incredible hulk movie. I don't even think you even know what you're talking about.

So, BE GONE!
I may be somewhat ingenuous. But, I will defy against all odds to seek righteousness and justice. That's my goal.
Dishoungh
Posts: 150
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/29/2014 10:46:50 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
if i leave am i truly gone. my posts are still here so aren't i still here do you really know if i am here or not

Anyway, logically speaking, what you're talking about is completely different than what I'm talking about. Sorry it took me so long.

You're talking about non-lethal weapons that uses the electromagnetic spectrum and waves. The electromagnetic (EM) spectrum is just a name that scientists give a bunch of types of radiation when they want to talk about them as a group. Radiation is energy that travels and spreads out as it goes-- visible light that comes from a lamp in your house and radio waves that come from a radio station are two types of electromagnetic radiation. Other examples of EM radiation are MICROWAVES, infrared and ultraviolet light, X-rays and gamma-rays. Hotter, more energetic objects and events create higher energy radiation than cool objects. Only extremely hot objects or particles moving at very high velocities can create high-energy radiation like X-rays and gamma-rays. So, giving you the dumb down version, the link that you gave me is basically a MICROWAVE. That's what it technically is. Don't say I'm wrong because the proof is right here: (http://en.wikipedia.org...)

The electromagnetic field is a physical field produced by electrically charged objects. It affects the behavior of charged objects in the vicinity of the field. The electromagnetic field extends indefinitely throughout space and describes the electromagnetic interaction. It is one of the four fundamental forces of nature (the others are gravitation, the weak interaction, and the strong interaction). The field propagates by electromagnetic radiation; in order of increasing energy (decreasing waves). But, the idea I'm giving here isn't a microwave. The field can be viewed as the combination of an electric field and a magnetic field. The electric field is produced by stationary charges, and the magnetic field by moving charges (currents); these two are often described as the sources of the field. The way in which charges and currents interact with the electromagnetic field is described by Maxwell's equations and the Lorentz force law.

From a classical perspective, the electromagnetic field can be regarded as a smooth, continuous field, propagated in a wavelike manner; whereas, from a quantum mechanical perspective, the field is seen as quantized, being composed of individual photons.
http://en.wikipedia.org...
http://en.wikipedia.org...
http://en.wikipedia.org...

Man, I smell a debate.
I may be somewhat ingenuous. But, I will defy against all odds to seek righteousness and justice. That's my goal.
cybertron1998
Posts: 5,818
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2014 2:17:51 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
At 3/29/2014 10:46:50 PM, Dishoungh wrote:
if i leave am i truly gone. my posts are still here so aren't i still here do you really know if i am here or not

Anyway, logically speaking, what you're talking about is completely different than what I'm talking about. Sorry it took me so long.

You're talking about non-lethal weapons that uses the electromagnetic spectrum and waves. The electromagnetic (EM) spectrum is just a name that scientists give a bunch of types of radiation when they want to talk about them as a group. Radiation is energy that travels and spreads out as it goes-- visible light that comes from a lamp in your house and radio waves that come from a radio station are two types of electromagnetic radiation. Other examples of EM radiation are MICROWAVES, infrared and ultraviolet light, X-rays and gamma-rays. Hotter, more energetic objects and events create higher energy radiation than cool objects. Only extremely hot objects or particles moving at very high velocities can create high-energy radiation like X-rays and gamma-rays. So, giving you the dumb down version, the link that you gave me is basically a MICROWAVE. That's what it technically is. Don't say I'm wrong because the proof is right here: (http://en.wikipedia.org...)

The electromagnetic field is a physical field produced by electrically charged objects. It affects the behavior of charged objects in the vicinity of the field. The electromagnetic field extends indefinitely throughout space and describes the electromagnetic interaction. It is one of the four fundamental forces of nature (the others are gravitation, the weak interaction, and the strong interaction). The field propagates by electromagnetic radiation; in order of increasing energy (decreasing waves). But, the idea I'm giving here isn't a microwave. The field can be viewed as the combination of an electric field and a magnetic field. The electric field is produced by stationary charges, and the magnetic field by moving charges (currents); these two are often described as the sources of the field. The way in which charges and currents interact with the electromagnetic field is described by Maxwell's equations and the Lorentz force law.

From a classical perspective, the electromagnetic field can be regarded as a smooth, continuous field, propagated in a wavelike manner; whereas, from a quantum mechanical perspective, the field is seen as quantized, being composed of individual photons.
http://en.wikipedia.org...
http://en.wikipedia.org...
http://en.wikipedia.org...

Man, I smell a debate.

ya i got what you were getting at a couple of days ago. you're talking like a smart projectile in a sense. like missiles that have camera's on them so you can pilot them. except in this instance you move the object with your hands
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.