Total Posts:10|Showing Posts:1-10
Jump to topic:

iPod Touch Ads

Korashk
Posts: 4,597
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/28/2010 3:27:50 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Does anyone know how to disable them without jailbreaking? I've looked around and that seems to be the only way. They wouldn' bither me but there's a new one that is the kind that covers the whole screen until you close it. Except when I try to go to my member page it always pops out and the. Nothing on that page loads.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,926
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/30/2010 4:16:50 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/28/2010 3:27:50 PM, Korashk wrote:
Does anyone know how to disable them without jailbreaking? I've looked around and that seems to be the only way. They wouldn' bither me but there's a new one that is the kind that covers the whole screen until you close it. Except when I try to go to my member page it always pops out and the. Nothing on that page loads.

Why wouldn't you jailbreak it? It's the easiest thing in the world to do...
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2010 2:44:44 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 3/30/2010 4:16:50 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 3/28/2010 3:27:50 PM, Korashk wrote:
Does anyone know how to disable them without jailbreaking? I've looked around and that seems to be the only way. They wouldn' bither me but there's a new one that is the kind that covers the whole screen until you close it. Except when I try to go to my member page it always pops out and the. Nothing on that page loads.

Why wouldn't you jailbreak it? It's the easiest thing in the world to do...

other then voiding the warranty, which means you get no phone or hardware support.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,926
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/4/2010 5:10:16 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/4/2010 2:44:44 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 3/30/2010 4:16:50 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 3/28/2010 3:27:50 PM, Korashk wrote:
Does anyone know how to disable them without jailbreaking? I've looked around and that seems to be the only way. They wouldn' bither me but there's a new one that is the kind that covers the whole screen until you close it. Except when I try to go to my member page it always pops out and the. Nothing on that page loads.

Why wouldn't you jailbreak it? It's the easiest thing in the world to do...

other then voiding the warranty, which means you get no phone or hardware support.

You can always restore it.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2010 9:47:51 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/4/2010 5:10:16 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 4/4/2010 2:44:44 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 3/30/2010 4:16:50 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 3/28/2010 3:27:50 PM, Korashk wrote:
Does anyone know how to disable them without jailbreaking? I've looked around and that seems to be the only way. They wouldn' bither me but there's a new one that is the kind that covers the whole screen until you close it. Except when I try to go to my member page it always pops out and the. Nothing on that page loads.

Why wouldn't you jailbreak it? It's the easiest thing in the world to do...

other then voiding the warranty, which means you get no phone or hardware support.

You can always restore it.

which undoes the jail break, and if you get a bad jail break (one that alters the firmware), then it won't restore at all.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/5/2010 9:48:58 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/5/2010 7:53:39 AM, omelet wrote:
Grr. I definitely misread the title.

Web browsing on a 5-inch touch screen is bollocks. Don't bother.

the browsering wasn't too hard for me, it was the trying to type responses. and the difficulties with highlighting and deleting and coping and pasting and cutting, that just got annoying.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
omelet
Posts: 416
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/6/2010 2:41:31 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/5/2010 9:48:58 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 4/5/2010 7:53:39 AM, omelet wrote:
Grr. I definitely misread the title.

Web browsing on a 5-inch touch screen is bollocks. Don't bother.

the browsering wasn't too hard for me, it was the trying to type responses. and the difficulties with highlighting and deleting and coping and pasting and cutting, that just got annoying.
Browsing is not terrible as far as reading news, etc., but it sucks if you need to regularly type.
Korashk
Posts: 4,597
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2010 7:59:43 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 4/6/2010 2:41:31 PM, omelet wrote:
At 4/5/2010 9:48:58 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 4/5/2010 7:53:39 AM, omelet wrote:
Grr. I definitely misread the title.

Web browsing on a 5-inch touch screen is bollocks. Don't bother.

the browsering wasn't too hard for me, it was the trying to type responses. and the difficulties with highlighting and deleting and coping and pasting and cutting, that just got annoying.
Browsing is not terrible as far as reading news, etc., but it sucks if you need to regularly type.

I can't disagree with you there. There are many keystrokes that I always mess up on, such as spaces will be typed as 'n', 't' usually doesn't register if I'm typing too fast, and 'l' is often replaced by 'o'. It is however nice when I'm just browsing and it is convenien because it is portable and I can use it in my room while watching TV.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown