Jump to topic:

Are Drones Safe?

ggParsons
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2014 8:04:00 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
know many of you will think this is a right-winged argument, but I really don't believe that drones are helping anyone at all. I Think the government should drop the fa"ade, because we all know that they're just trying to get more information about everyone.

I'm not the only one who believes that America is going to end up as one of those dystopian countries, where the government knows everything about everyone. It started long time ago, but the drones are just speeding along the process. Aren' t they legal almost everywhere?

Yes, I understand they are useful for delivering mail, finding people, and helping companies, but the other day I noticed an incident of a drone flying a flag in the middle of a soccer game, and frankly, found it disgusting. How many people might have been unknowingly recorded by this drone? (Providing it had a recording device) Why didn't anyone stop the drone before it caused problems? Doesn't this just go to show how helpless we really are?

This isn't some kind of debate, I just want to see things from others' perspectives. Thank you to all that participate in this discussion, and don't be shy to say what you feel-especially if you agree with me!
-)
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2014 1:51:33 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
Drone technology is neither safe or unsafe. How about airplanes, cell phone cameras, surveillance cameras, and hidden microphones? Should fire be banned as unsafe? It isn't the things which are unsafe, it is improper use.

I think it is a matter of having rules that govern improper use of the technology, and developing the techniques for enforcing the rules. A drone big enough to carry a flag into a stadium is a clear safety hazard. It's also a form of trespassing, since the drone owner didn't pay for the right to enter the stadium space and no permission was given. Some crimes of passion are not deterred by harsh penalties, but I'll 30 days in the county jail would raise awareness and deter illegal drone use.
cjchristi26
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/16/2015 12:30:19 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Technology is neither good nor bad. It is the people who use it who are either good or bad. Drones have endless non-military uses, we just need people who will use drones for good purposes.