Jump to topic:

JPEGs

Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2010 8:04:13 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
So I must have hit a button on my old laptop (that's what I've been using) where it won't let me save anything as a JPG anymore. Whenever I find a photo and try to save it, even if it's a JPG, it will save as a JPEG no matter what... unless it's a BMP or GIF. Then it will save as one of those. Now, usually you can click where it says you can save it as more than one thing, however, my computer stopped giving me that option. And if you're thinking that a JPEG and a JPG is the same thing, well sorta but DDO won't let you upload JPEGs (only JPGs) hence my frustration. Anyway does anyone know why this is happening or how I can save my pics as JPGs and not just JPEGs? Because it's weird that even the JPGs I save automatically save as JPEGs now. Thanks!
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2010 8:17:20 AM
At 4/22/2010 8:15:20 AM, Puck wrote:
Check the file association, that or delete the contents of your temp internet folder.

I am COMPLETELY clueless when it comes to computers; I'll ask the wife to check this out when she gets home because I have no idea what this means lol... Thanks :) Any other ideas are welcome too.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2010 8:49:13 AM
At 4/22/2010 8:47:43 AM, philosphical wrote:
This screwed up a few of my rap videos as well

Yes, I'm having the same problem >_<
President of DDO
philosphical
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2010 9:06:34 AM
At 4/22/2010 8:49:13 AM, theLwerd wrote:
At 4/22/2010 8:47:43 AM, philosphical wrote:
This screwed up a few of my rap videos as well

Yes, I'm having the same problem >_<

I would like to know how to fix this problem as well. I've had to get rid of two rap videos because they were in JPG rather than JPEG, that was formiddable for my computer. I ended up having to use a whole different camera and re-record it just to use the video. IF anyone knows how to fix this problem it'd be very helpful.
Your mouths writing checks that your @ss can't cash!
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2010 10:01:30 AM
You have to clear temporary Internet files if you cannot save pictures in in JPG format.

Here is how to clear it using the four most popular browsers:

Internet Explorer
Tools --> Internet Options --> General --> Temporary Internet files --> Delete

Mozilla Firefox
Ctrl + Shift + Delete --> Check 'cache' only --> Delete

Google Chrome
Tools --> Clear Browsing data --> Check 'cache/temporary internet files' --> Delete

Safari
Edit --> Empty Cache --> Empty/Delete

You should now be able to save pictures in JPG format.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2010 10:02:05 AM
At 4/22/2010 10:01:30 AM, Mirza wrote:
You have to clear temporary Internet files if you cannot save pictures in *in JPG format.
*Scratch that.
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2010 4:28:53 PM
Type in their name the file extension you want to give them. Like changing the file name, except you type in a .png afterwards or whatever file type you want it converted to. That's the cheap way, anyways.
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?