Jump to topic:

Mouse Problems/

Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2010 11:23:28 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
So...my mouse will randomly perform the action of right-clicking without me actually right-clicking. I'm thinking that this is just because my mouse is broken, but before I go and spend money on a new one I would like some input.
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
donniedarko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2010 11:29:43 PM
Unplug your mouse, if the action of right clicking stops then the problem is your mouse, you can also try switching the mouses USB port to see if this has any effect.

You can try physically detaching your right clicker piece and then try cleaning the underside and reattaching it. Be aware that this is difficult but not impossible.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2010 12:26:03 PM
Does this only happen if you are left-clicking, or does it happen automatically? I assume it is the former.

The problem could lie in the fact that the mouse function has been switched to left-hand. It means that left-click may have been switched to right click.

Do the following:

Control Panel --> Mouse --> Buttons --> Configurations --> Switch buttons

If it is a driver issue, then you have to update the mouse driver. I suggest a program like Driver Genius (http://www.driver-soft.com...) which will update all your drivers automatically, but it costs. You can also update drivers manually.

Now that it is about your mouse, before updating the driver for it, create a System Restore point (make sure you boot the computer in Safe Mode if you want to restore the system):

Start --> System Restore (search: restore) --> Create restore point

Should anything go wrong, you can make your computer return back to how it was when you created the restore point.

-- Update driver --

Control Panel --> Mouse --> Update driver

This is mostly for Vista/W7. It should work.
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2010 6:58:41 PM
Tried switching the USB port. Nothing. The only thing left to do is see if the same problem happens with another mouse on mY computer. I really hope the problem is not the computer...
When large numbers of otherwise-law abiding people break specific laws en masse, it's usually a fault that lies with the law. - Unknown
Korashk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/9/2010 9:56:19 AM
It was the mouse. I got a new one.