Jump to topic:

Really stinks

innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2010 8:19:42 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Because of a very important work application, i am forced to use IE 6.0 version. I had to revert back yesterday. This particular site does not seem to do well with IE 6.0, and other sites as well.

Any suggestions on a work around? This site, DDO is fragmented and the graphics are on top of each other. It all just looks wrong.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2010 12:14:24 PM
You really think that the browser will be able to change the functional look of this site? I will try. Google Chrome changes my IE to 8.0
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2010 1:57:39 PM
At 5/14/2010 8:43:33 AM, omelet wrote:
When you want to use DDO, use a different browser like Chrome or Firefox or Opera.

Back when I had my old computer(which is now trash material) I would run DDO on IE and it would work fine. Now I'm on Safari and it still works fine.
omelet
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/14/2010 3:55:07 PM
At 5/14/2010 12:14:24 PM, innomen wrote:
You really think that the browser will be able to change the functional look of this site?
You said that IE8 renders DDO fine, and that IE6 does not render it fine. You shouldn't need ME to tell you that different browsers display things differently - you've experienced it firsthand.

I will try. Google Chrome changes my IE to 8.0
Google Chrome does not install or upgrade any version of Internet Explorer. It is a completely separate program, and it should not affect IE at all. If it's giving you problems though, try one of the other alternatives [like Firefox or Opera].
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/15/2010 10:09:44 AM
At 5/14/2010 3:55:07 PM, omelet wrote:
At 5/14/2010 12:14:24 PM, innomen wrote:
You really think that the browser will be able to change the functional look of this site?
You said that IE8 renders DDO fine, and that IE6 does not render it fine. You shouldn't need ME to tell you that different browsers display things differently - you've experienced it firsthand.

I will try. Google Chrome changes my IE to 8.0
Google Chrome does not install or upgrade any version of Internet Explorer. It is a completely separate program, and it should not affect IE at all. If it's giving you problems though, try one of the other alternatives [like Firefox or Opera].

FireFox is working, so i will keep it, but not as my default browser, but mostly just for this site. Thanks for your help.
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/2/2010 9:07:07 PM
I.E. 6 is a basket case. When making web pages commercially, good practice was to test for I.E. 6 and then provide special html that worked around the I.E. bugs and peculiarities. Now that IE 6 is pretty much out of use, people are not bothering with that any more.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/9/2010 9:45:08 AM
At 7/2/2010 9:07:07 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
I.E. 6 is a basket case. When making web pages commercially, good practice was to test for I.E. 6 and then provide special html that worked around the I.E. bugs and peculiarities. Now that IE 6 is pretty much out of use, people are not bothering with that any more.

Apparently my company (not a small one either) won't budge and everything is stuck on being I.E. 6, even our tech support people complain about it. Anytime i upgrade myself i get my hands slapped.