Jump to topic:

The government is like 20 years ahead of us

Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/31/2015 9:10:45 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
Why is this technology being kept from us. It's not cool that Obama can mind Google stuff, while I'm stuck pressing buttons. Fvck you Obama. http://www.abovetopsecret.com...
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 9:32:25 PM
At 1/31/2015 9:10:45 PM, Wylted wrote:
Why is this technology being kept from us. It's not cool that Obama can mind Google stuff, while I'm stuck pressing buttons. Fvck you Obama. http://www.abovetopsecret.com...

- That website sucks

- The whole notion of chasing conspiracy theories sucks

- Obama cannot "mind" stuff on Google, nor would he really give a sh!t to do so if he could.

- Blaming Obama for your lack of technology is juvenile, you couldn't manage to produce or afford such technology even if it does exist in theoretical stages.

- Your lust for technology is completely unreasonable, you are simply whining about wanting a new product to consume. There is no objective level of technology that will make you happy, you simply want more and even if you had 30th century technology you would still be just as insatiable and spoiled.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 10:11:01 PM
At 2/2/2015 9:32:25 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:

- That website sucks

- The whole notion of chasing conspiracy theories sucks

- Obama cannot "mind" stuff on Google, nor would he really give a sh!t to do so if he could.

- Blaming Obama for your lack of technology is juvenile, you couldn't manage to produce or afford such technology even if it does exist in theoretical stages.

- Your lust for technology is completely unreasonable, you are simply whining about wanting a new product to consume. There is no objective level of technology that will make you happy, you simply want more and even if you had 30th century technology you would still be just as insatiable and spoiled.

The amount of technology I want is just enough to make me an immortal God, thank you. I'd also like to "mind Google" stuff like Obama does.
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 10:16:12 PM
At 2/2/2015 10:11:01 PM, Wylted wrote:
I'd also like to "mind Google" stuff like Obama does.

y?
Beliefs in a nutshell:
Wylted
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 10:18:25 PM
At 2/2/2015 10:16:12 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:

y?

If so can mind Google stuff like Obama it will basically make me all knowing, like a God
Vox_Veritas
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 10:25:21 PM

Though you're obviously trolling, there is some truth to this statement. For instance, civilians did not have drones in the late 1990s, whereas the Government did. Not to mention F-22s, F-35s, and the likes. No civilian had the power to blow up a city in 1945, nor today.
To be honest, 20 years is probably a huge understatement.
Call me Vox, the Resident Contrarian of debate.org.

The DDO Blog:
https://debatedotorg.wordpress.com...

#drinkthecoffeenotthekoolaid
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/2/2015 10:25:28 PM
At 2/2/2015 10:18:25 PM, Wylted wrote:
At 2/2/2015 10:16:12 PM, R0b1Billion wrote:

y?

If so can mind Google stuff like Obama it will basically make me all knowing, like a God

Obama is God.
Beliefs in a nutshell:
xus00HAY
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 8:51:34 PM
tHE problem here is we Americans use technology to win wars. If all citizens had access to all technology, then spies from a country that was an enemy would know too many of our military secrets.
Look, you have met people from other countries here in this forum.
Do you think we can afford to NOT have the superior weapons we use to dominate our planet, when there are billions of those foreigners out there who hate us?
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2015 3:30:15 PM
I wouldn't say suppressing technology is always a bad thing. As a previous poster somewhat alluded to, we can't necessarily reveal all of our latest tech because then we'd lose that technological superiority that gives us the upper hand.

For instance, when snowden revealed that the NSA and other organizations had access to our phone communications and data, everyone flipped out because the government never told us about this. What they failed to understand was that the lack of knowledge is exactly why it was valued, the terrorists weren't aware, hence we had unfiltered access to any and all communications done by them over the certain phone providers. Now that they know though, we lost a critical asset in our fight against terrorism.

So, in some cases, suppression really is important and beneficial for national security purposes. Other times, and unfortunately, that isn't always the case and some technology that would truly benefit mankind gets swept under the rug due to various interests which wouldn't necessarily profit from its reveal or use, such as Tesla's free energy generator, or the automobile engines which get upwards of 300 miles to the gallon.

I always do laugh when I see car commercials bragging about how the car gets up to 40 miles per gallon, when in reality we had a car hit 370 miles per gallon which was built by a shell oil employee in the 70's. It reflects the greedy nature of the oil industry and the clever antics of marketing something as if it's the best we can do.

Capitalism has its pro's and con's and the unnecessary suppression of technology that could truly benefit us is one of the darker sides of capitalism. It's also the reason tesla isn't taught extensively in schools, his story is one that reflects the greedy and profit-driven nature of our system and the ruling elite.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...