Jump to topic:

Net Neutrallity

lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/15/2015 10:24:50 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
Net Neutrality will limit our internet as the FCC themselves have even announced that it will limit competition on broadband and cutback innovation. Not only that, but you will be limited to what you can say on the internet. I just hope that Obama's policy fails. (http://www.ijreview.com...)

You're thoughts?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
wsmunit7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2015 4:26:21 PM
At 2/15/2015 10:24:50 AM, lannan13 wrote:
Net Neutrality will limit our internet as the FCC themselves have even announced that it will limit competition on broadband and cutback innovation. Not only that, but you will be limited to what you can say on the internet. I just hope that Obama's policy fails. (http://www.ijreview.com...)

You're thoughts?

I totally disagree. The only innovation it would stifle would be the way the service providers come up with to charge the consumer more.

Exactly how do you claim it would limit free speech? I don't see that at all.
Df0512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/20/2015 1:07:26 PM

You're thoughts?

I think you are a little confused. Net Neutrality is the concept of free and open internet. This policies that the FCC are proposing will change that. So you want Net Neutrality. Obama(not an Obama supporter) wants Net Neutrality. That article you posted is garbage. A simple Google search would clear things up.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2015 5:47:42 PM
At 2/20/2015 1:07:26 PM, Df0512 wrote:

You're thoughts?

I think you are a little confused. Net Neutrality is the concept of free and open internet. This policies that the FCC are proposing will change that. So you want Net Neutrality. Obama(not an Obama supporter) wants Net Neutrality. That article you posted is garbage. A simple Google search would clear things up.

"Net Neutrality is the concept of free and open internet." Then why does it need to be regulated" Regulation means to restrict. Nothing that govt gets it's hands on ever works again without costing trillions of dollars.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2015 9:10:48 AM

You're thoughts?

Net Neutrality is much more complex than most articles and politicians address. It is not just about what and how ISPs charge, or limiting speech. It is about how unbiased the underlying infrastructure can be.

Let me give an example. If you use Netflix, and are on a large ISP, there is a very good chance that Netflix has co-loc equipment in the ISPs data-centers. This allows for some blinding fast speeds to the consumer. It allows costs to Netflix to be lower, they don't have to consume bandwidth across the internet. So, the customer is getting better performance, the ISP is getting money for the co-loc and the provider is lowing total costs, and helping customers. All sounds good, right? How would anyone starting to provide content like that compete? They, Netflix, has a "fast lane". Their content was NOT given "priority" in the way people imagine, no one throttled competitors.

Another case. I am a peer on the Internet. I have paid for, and use a static IP with no blocked ports. I have lots of good reasons for this, but most users have no idea what that is about. Its very frustrating to me that ISPs block ports saying it is for customer protection, but IT IS! Most users have no need for lots of open incoming ports, and they could be vulnerable.

Yet another. I run (hypothetically) a site that provides anti-government content. There is literately no one attempting to STOP me. They DO however, packet inspect every bit of communications adding latency. I am getting the bandwidth I paid for, but with a "slow down" added.
Df0512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2015 9:33:12 AM
At 2/27/2015 5:47:42 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 2/20/2015 1:07:26 PM, Df0512 wrote:

You're thoughts?

"Net Neutrality is the concept of free and open internet." Then why does it need to be regulated" Regulation means to restrict. Nothing that govt gets it's hands on ever works again without costing trillions of dollars.

It needs to be regulated because ISP's and other companies that stand to lose money and control because of Net Neutrality. Net neutrality benefits us not them. And it's the government job to watch of for both sides. So no one like the government. Not even ISP's.
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2015 3:39:54 PM
WTF is net neutrality?

https://www.youtube.com...
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2015 5:58:27 PM
Net neutrality is just a ruse by the govt to take over the internet and tax the hell out of it. Everyone will get the same slow broadband speed. Why offer faster speed if you can't charge for it. There is no incentive to. The incentive now is to offer the least basic service.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
wsmunit7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2015 9:56:33 AM
At 3/2/2015 5:58:27 PM, sadolite wrote:
Net neutrality is just a ruse by the govt to take over the internet and tax the hell out of it. Everyone will get the same slow broadband speed. Why offer faster speed if you can't charge for it. There is no incentive to. The incentive now is to offer the least basic service.

Can you say "Yet another conspiracy theory "?
Df0512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2015 1:11:29 PM

All you have to do is google it. The information is there
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2015 3:56:04 PM
At 3/3/2015 1:11:29 PM, Df0512 wrote:

No it isn't, that is a summation, that isn't everything it plans to do. What you read on google is for the low information crowd. They have to pass their legislation before you will know everything then it will be too late. Just Like the ACA. Nothing is ever learned from history, not even 4 years ago.

Df0512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2015 4:14:59 PM
At 3/3/2015 3:56:04 PM, sadolite wrote:

No it isn't, that is a summation, that isn't everything it plans to do. What you read on google is for the low information crowd. They have to pass their legislation before you will know everything then it will be too late. Just Like the ACA. Nothing is ever learned from history, not even 4 years ago.

If that is the case, what kind of information channels do you have to be able to say that this is a government ploy or whatever. I use the same resources as everyone. Have you see the actual proposal? There is plenty of info on the net regarding this subject. I just don't see how you think this is all about us paying more taxes.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2015 8:23:28 PM
At 3/3/2015 4:14:59 PM, Df0512 wrote:

If that is the case, what kind of information channels do you have to be able to say that this is a government ploy or whatever. I use the same resources as everyone. Have you see the actual proposal? There is plenty of info on the net regarding this subject. I just don't see how you think this is all about us paying more taxes.

The ACA was never about paying more taxes. How many new taxes are in that monstrous (TAX)

wsmunit7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2015 9:10:09 PM
At 3/3/2015 8:23:28 PM, sadolite wrote:

The ACA was never about paying more taxes. How many new taxes are in that monstrous (TAX)

More conspiracies? Apples and oranges.
Df0512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2015 12:07:20 PM

Your not even on topic anymore. I give.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2015 7:00:14 PM
At 3/4/2015 12:07:20 PM, Df0512 wrote:

It is exactly the same topic. The govt taking over free market institutions and taxing them to death.

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/4/2015 7:05:32 PM
At 3/3/2015 9:10:09 PM, wsmunit7 wrote:

Ya the ACA taxes are a conspiracy and we all told they would be in the bill. Even the supreme court calls it a tax. But what were we told by govt till they were blue in the face? It's not a tax. What will govt say net neutrality is until they are blue in the face. It's not a tax and it wont restrict free speech. Now we shall see how short your memories are when govt uses it's power to do both.

wsmunit7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 7:45:16 AM
At 3/4/2015 7:05:32 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 3/3/2015 9:10:09 PM, wsmunit7 wrote:

Ya the ACA taxes are a conspiracy and we all told they would be in the bill. Even the supreme court calls it a tax. But what were we told by govt till they were blue in the face? It's not a tax. What will govt say net neutrality is until they are blue in the face. It's not a tax and it wont restrict free speech. Now we shall see how short your memories are when govt uses it's power to do both.

YAWN. You getting truly boring.
Df0512
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/5/2015 2:29:38 PM
At 3/4/2015 7:00:14 PM, sadolite wrote:
At 3/4/2015 12:07:20 PM, Df0512 wrote:

It is exactly the same topic. The govt taking over free market institutions and taxing them to death.

No the topic is Net Neutrality. Not Affordable Care Act. I wasn't going to comment anymore but I ran across in article that is a good example of why net Neutrality is necessary. I know your are completely convinced the Government is the devil but here is a clear and undeniable situation where FFC regulations would help us and not the government.

http://www.extremetech.com...