Jump to topic:

What New Technology Should be Made?

Dumbo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 7:14:35 AM
Posted: 1 year ago
What new technological inventions should they make? Anything at all. Stupid or brilliant.
-The Long-Eared Elephant
R0b1Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2015 9:07:02 AM
They should invent a woman with good looks that also cooks and cleans. That would go over BIG...
Beliefs in a nutshell:
- The Ends never justify the Means.
- Objectivity is secondary to subjectivity.
- The War on Drugs is the worst policy in the U.S.
- Most people worship technology as a religion.
- Computers will never become sentient.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/1/2015 2:59:16 PM
Holographic computer imaging.

Cryogenics.

Consciousness immortality.

A cup that keeps drinks warm or cold.

Coffee that whitens teeth as you drink it.

A cigarette that doesn't cause cancer.

Cars that run on water, both salt and fresh.

Free energy generator similar to Tesla's design.

Shoes that massage feet.

Hover cars. Hover skateboards. Hover everything.
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
xus00HAY
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2015 1:59:39 PM
A vacuum cleaner can just suck up the dirt and such and it's gone. Why can't we have something like that which would remove feces and urine?
Supposed you just crapped your pants, would you want that **** to just be gone down a hose, or would you rather deal with it?
OK, maybe if we were in 1915 there would be no way to make such a device, but its ****ing 2015! Why has anyone not invented a machine that can do this?
My guess is some hi-tech firm already makes a machine that does this for the Air Force. If you are on a bombing mission flying a stealth bomber from the base in Missouri to Iraq and baq you can't just stop at a gas station to use the bathroom. They probably have such a device in the pilot seat of a new F 22, but if they did, this would be a military secret.
So when they invent this device the contractor could apply for a patent on parts of the machine without revealing or demonstrating what this secret device does.
In world war II they had something called a pilots relief tube that would enable the pilot to take a pee whilst flying his P 51. I suppose they would put this to use as soon as they entered German air space.
A really clever patent lawyer can get a patent on something that does not actually exist yet, or an item that we are not allowed to know about because we don't have a security clearance.
The result is if you were trying to put such a device on the market, you would not be allowed to because somebody already had a patent on the device before you invented it ( or re-invented it ).
You would not be able to benefit financially, so you would not invest the time and money you would need to make a prototype. Therefore all the rest of us will need toilet paper.
scots
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/6/2015 10:36:21 PM
"I fear the day technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots."
-Albert Einstein
"Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears."
- John Lennon
UndeniableReality
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2015 9:46:26 AM
At 3/6/2015 10:36:21 PM, scots wrote:
"I fear the day technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots."
-Albert Einstein

What is meant by 'surpass our human interaction'?
omanjoka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/8/2015 12:00:41 AM
Well, scientists and engineers are already making plans on how to make nuclear fusion a reality. If we do that, then we will have a carbon free unlimited energy source.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"
-Epicurus.
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/10/2015 7:41:43 AM
At 3/8/2015 12:00:41 AM, omanjoka wrote:
Well, scientists and engineers are already making plans on how to make nuclear fusion a reality. If we do that, then we will have a carbon free unlimited energy source.

we're no closer to nuclear fusion than we have been in the past years of researching it
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2015 8:04:13 PM
At 2/28/2015 7:14:35 AM, Dumbo wrote:
What new technological inventions should they make? Anything at all. Stupid or brilliant.

Actually a step back to simpler times would be a big improvement.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
xus00HAY
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 8:58:12 PM
Nuclear Fusion was done when the hydrogen bomb was created.
If there was some way to control the reaction and use the energy that is released during fusion, they would have figured out how to do this by now.
xus00HAY
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2015 9:03:00 PM
How about a 5 wheel drive sport utility vehicle.
There is a 5th wheel in the spare tire, even in SUVs that they claim are all wheel drive.
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2015 11:38:12 AM

adrian barbeau bot
https://www.youtube.com...
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2015 11:38:34 AM
At 4/14/2015 11:38:12 AM, TBR wrote:

adrian barbeau bot
xus00HAY
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2015 11:30:51 AM
The source of unlimited energy is here now. The center of the Earth is full of lava. There is so much of this stuff down there, sometimes the earth's crust can't hold it all. The result is a volcanic eruption.
If they thought up an efficient way of tapping this unlimited heat, we would have enough steam to make all the electricity we need, and we could stop burning fossil fuels.
The electric cars are on the market now, wer'e not gonna need gasoline.
There may be a device that somebody already invented that can do this, but some oil company bought the patent, therefore nobody can build one.
UndeniableReality
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/18/2015 12:12:07 PM
At 4/17/2015 11:30:51 AM, xus00HAY wrote:
The source of unlimited energy is here now. The center of the Earth is full of lava. There is so much of this stuff down there, sometimes the earth's crust can't hold it all. The result is a volcanic eruption.
If they thought up an efficient way of tapping this unlimited heat, we would have enough steam to make all the electricity we need, and we could stop burning fossil fuels.
There may be a device that somebody already invented that can do this, but some oil company bought the patent, therefore nobody can build one.

You mean greater source of energy than those currently used will be usable in the near future, correct? I don't think you meant literally that any of these sources of energy are "unlimited".
TBR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2015 5:07:25 PM

Well, geothermic is great tech, but there is just a lot wrong with what you just said.

Not unlimited, but geothermic works very well.

... Lets not go all conspiratorial .
Student4Life1975
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2015 1:22:07 AM
Nanotechnology that coats and thereby protects automobiles from all dirt, mud, bugs, rust and can also perform repairs of damaged body panels.
there is no progress without compromise"
lissacoffey
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2015 2:28:33 AM
The tech world gave us plenty talk about in 2013. We can build smarter robots. We can 3D-print pretty much anything. Tablet wars are still going strong, Snapchat is still a thing, and now we can binge-watch our favorite TV shows in more ways than ever before.

Yes, 2015 brought us many amazing innovations that we use every day. But here are some even more incredible ones that you may not have heard about:

1. Living, breathing running shoes.
2. The phone you can take apart like Legos.
4. An app that catches your dreams.
5. Showers that reuse your soapy water.
A mind-reading camera that makes life GIF-able.
A bike wheel that could save your commute (and the planet)
.A wristband that lets your boss play Big Brother.
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2015 3:21:29 PM

Yeah man--I have one that I have been waiting for for a long time?

Why the hell do we still have all those wires? I know that wireless communications and BlueTooth have been around for awhile, but we still have to deal with far too many wires, for my money.

Power cords; extension cords; headphone cords; (yeah, I know there are wireless phones but we need to see more of them). Why cannot houses and appliance use a sort of BlueTooth? A wireless set-up. Like in a "smart house." Have a transponder in the appliances and, say, the server for it at the electrical service panel of the house. Move lamps and stuff wherever you want that is in a line-of-sight of an outlet where the power source is emanating from.

Anybody who has wrestled with the snake's nest of wires while, say, messing with their home entertainment system will know what I mean! LOL.

Get rid of wires! One day they will be in a museum and people will say, "Ahh,, look. How cute! They actually had to use physical wires to connect things!"
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2015 3:23:46 PM
At 3/1/2015 2:59:16 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

Cryogenics.

Shoes that massage feet.

good news for you, amigo!

Those hover skateboards are here!!

Check this out..............

Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2015 3:26:15 PM
At 3/7/2015 3:54:58 PM, tahirimanov wrote:
Artificial Genetic Enhancement Technology...........................

Aww..not packin' a whole lot downstairs, amigo?

LOL

Are you, as Howard Stern says about himself, "Hung like an elevator button?"

Sorry...just messin' with ya.

D.
Blade-of-Truth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/20/2015 2:56:57 AM
At 6/18/2015 3:23:46 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:
At 3/1/2015 2:59:16 PM, Blade-of-Truth wrote:

Cryogenics.

Shoes that massage feet.

good news for you, amigo!

Those hover skateboards are here!!

Check this out..............

lmao about dang time!!
Debate.org Deputy Vote Moderator
DDO Voting Guide: http://www.debate.org...
Need a judge on your debate? Nominate me! http://www.debate.org...
ironslippers
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2015 2:11:30 AM

solar paint so anything that has paint on it can be self powered.

Kill the clouds and stop the rotation of the earth.
Everyone stands on their own dung hill and speaks out about someone else's - Nathan Krusemark
Its easier to criticize and hate than it is to support and create - I Ron Slippers
elatia.g
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2015 11:32:48 AM
Smart glasses that don't look like smart glasses and let you record video by blinking your eyes twice rapidly, instead of having to issue a verbal command.
harrybajwa
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2015 1:29:18 AM
We can invent lot of things for our country...

1. A strong layer to protect our earth or country from natural hazards or terrorism.
2. Built strong robot soldiers to protect our people of any country.
3. A equipment to quickly find the bomb on anywhere in the earth.
4. Built fastest robot cars with strong protection layers.
Effective SEO Packages: Search Engine Optimization California At Q-vantage.com
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2015 3:25:02 PM
At 3/6/2015 1:59:39 PM, xus00HAY wrote:
In world war II they had something called a pilots relief tube that would enable the pilot to take a pee whilst flying his P 51. I suppose they would put this to use as soon as they entered German air space.

Modern fighter planes are equipped with relief tubes. It's a funnel with a hose that goes to a vent outside the aircraft, nothing secret or remarkable. Catalogs that sell things to private pilots offer a portable relief container. Sometimes the container is designed to look like a wrapped present, so non-aviation types won't know what it is.

Electric toilets are sold for special applications like yachts and remote cabins -- luxury remote cabins, that is. The liquid is evaporated and the solid waste incinerated to dust. I know this isn't the magic you'd like, but it's what is practical.

A really clever patent lawyer can get a patent on something that does not actually exist yet, or an item that we are not allowed to know about because we don't have a security clearance.

There is no problem getting a patent on something that doesn't exist. However, the patent must tell how to build it, and it must work when built. If the Patent Office discovers that it wouldn't work if built as directed, then the patent is denied. If someone later discovers it wouldn't work, then the patent is invalidated.

There is a provision in the law for the government to seize patent applications that involve military secrets. they then disappear. I once had a patent application seized under that law. I think it was clearly a mistake, as the application had something to do with computer sorting. I suspect what happened was that one of the diagrams happened to look like the block diagram of something secret. In many years of discussions with inventors and patent attorneys, I've never encountered anyone who has heard of it happening to someone else.
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/4/2015 3:35:45 PM
I'd like to see GPS navigation integrated with other automobile systems. GPS drops out in tunnels, in city streets between tall buildings, under heavy tree cover, and in narrow valleys. The car is already counting the rotations of the wheels, and it knows from the digital map what road is being traveled, so it could accurate compute present position from last known GPS position. Instrumenting the steering angle would track through turns.

Also, a wi-fi connection automatically established when home would allow planned routes to be transferred to the car, and a record of past travels to be sent to the home computer. The wi-fi connection could also send service info.

This is so obvious that it should have been done years ago.