Jump to topic:

Outdated tech

bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2015 1:31:29 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
So, I know this is the technology forum, so we're usually talking about the latest and greatest, but here's a question:

Anybody got a favorite piece of outdated tech? Something that's been passed by, but that you still use and/or know a lot about?

Personally, I like old writing instruments, like fountain pens and typewriters, and I'm fascinated by how they work (you'd think a pen that's little more than a controlled leak would be simple, but actually, there's a lot goin' on there). I've gotten pretty good at typewriter repair, I just wish I knew more about braising.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
Diqiucun_Cunmin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2015 10:09:56 PM
At 5/29/2015 1:31:29 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
So, I know this is the technology forum, so we're usually talking about the latest and greatest, but here's a question:

Anybody got a favorite piece of outdated tech? Something that's been passed by, but that you still use and/or know a lot about?

Personally, I like old writing instruments, like fountain pens and typewriters, and I'm fascinated by how they work (you'd think a pen that's little more than a controlled leak would be simple, but actually, there's a lot goin' on there). I've gotten pretty good at typewriter repair, I just wish I knew more about braising.

I didn't stop using cassette tapes until 2007 or so, although we disused video cassettes a lot earlier. I was surprised that some of my peer have never used those...
The thing is, I hate relativism. I hate relativism more than I hate everything else, excepting, maybe, fibreglass powerboats... What it overlooks, to put it briefly and crudely, is the fixed structure of human nature. - Jerry Fodor

Don't be a stat cynic:
http://www.debate.org...

Response to conservative views on deforestation:

Topics I'd like to debate (not debating ATM): http://tinyurl.com...
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2015 5:02:52 AM

What's your favourite pen/paper? I've got an Esterbrook J Series and a Pilot Falcon - I'm planning on getting more vintage pens soon.

This is why I shouldn't use them (but I do anyway - they're too much fun!): http://www.reddit.com...

In other news, there's a Hammond organ on Craigslist for a very low price... I'm very tempted.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

"Your idea of good writing is like Spinoza mixed with Heidegger."

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
Saint_of_Me
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2015 5:03:32 PM

Great post!

I am also a fan of good quality pens. I collect them, and prolly have about five dozen. Including a few Mont Blancs. I am of the opinion that good handwriting is a lost art, and I miss the days when a person's cursive writing was something to take pride in, and indeed often a measure of their intellect.

I love Calligraphy. Whenever I am watching a movie which is a period piece, say, set in the middle ages through the 19th century and they show some scroll or parchment or document with fanciful and beautiful handwriting, I always admire it.

I love Calligraphy and used to practice it too. My ex used to do hand-drawn calligraphic cards and letters for people, for money. But alas, nowadays any idiot with a word-processing program can do it.

Other outdated techno I dig:

CD's. (I still use them.)

FM Radio..switching stations with my presets to avoid commercials.

My 1996 Honda Shadow 1100 (not really outdated, but still, 18 years old).

Drinking tap water or even water out of the garden hose instead of designer water

rotary dial telephones...I still have one! A red one my Dad used when he was with SkunkWorks in the 1970s.
Science Flies Us to the Moon. Religion Flies us Into Skyscrapers.
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2015 1:31:05 PM
At 6/1/2015 5:02:52 AM, ShabShoral wrote:

What's your favourite pen/paper? I've got an Esterbrook J Series and a Pilot Falcon - I'm planning on getting more vintage pens soon.

This is why I shouldn't use them (but I do anyway - they're too much fun!): http://www.reddit.com...

In other news, there's a Hammond organ on Craigslist for a very low price... I'm very tempted.

Well, my favorite writing implement is my grandfather's Shaeffer PFM IV, but it's both an heirloom and worth actually a good chunk of change apparently, so I don't use it much. Also, as much as I love it, it probably can't handle my favorite ink, and its very name is super duper sexist.

I usually use a Pilot metropolitan (with converter), but I also have a Lamy Safari (with converter, but I also have cartridges).

Paperwise, there's a heavy-bond cotton "Resume Paper" I usually use for the typewriter because it's more satisfying. It's a bit heavy for the fountain pen, though, so I usually just use a nicer notebook, like a Rhodia or a Moleskine. Typo (a store in the mall that's apparently a chain) has some nice store-brand notebooks.

I have no idea how you did that to your face....but then, I have a bit more experience with syringes, I guess, given my job.

What ink do you use?

Also, buy that organ! These days I have a keyboard, but no piano/organ. I miss the "real" keys.
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2015 1:33:00 PM
At 6/1/2015 5:03:32 PM, Saint_of_Me wrote:

Great post!

I am also a fan of good quality pens. I collect them, and prolly have about five dozen. Including a few Mont Blancs. I am of the opinion that good handwriting is a lost art, and I miss the days when a person's cursive writing was something to take pride in, and indeed often a measure of their intellect.

I love Calligraphy. Whenever I am watching a movie which is a period piece, say, set in the middle ages through the 19th century and they show some scroll or parchment or document with fanciful and beautiful handwriting, I always admire it.

I love Calligraphy and used to practice it too. My ex used to do hand-drawn calligraphic cards and letters for people, for money. But alas, nowadays any idiot with a word-processing program can do it.

Other outdated techno I dig:

CD's. (I still use them.)

FM Radio..switching stations with my presets to avoid commercials.

My 1996 Honda Shadow 1100 (not really outdated, but still, 18 years old).

Drinking tap water or even water out of the garden hose instead of designer water

rotary dial telephones...I still have one! A red one my Dad used when he was with SkunkWorks in the 1970s.

I'm a lefty, so calligraphy isn't really an option for me. I mean, I CAN do it, it's just exponentially more difficult to get it to look right.

My Honda Nighthawk is a 96, too! Only 750, though. I had a 1200, but it was a Harley, and so therefore was garbage. Also I crashed it.

And I used to have a rotary dial phone, back when I had a landline. It was cool, because it technically operated as a touchtone, so I could still use phone trees.
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2015 1:39:49 PM

Microsoft Word 2007
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2015 1:40:57 PM
At 6/2/2015 1:39:49 PM, PetersSmith wrote:

Microsoft Word 2007

If I used Microsoft products, I could get behind that. I don't like the newer versions.
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2015 3:06:46 PM
At 6/2/2015 1:31:05 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 6/1/2015 5:02:52 AM, ShabShoral wrote:

Well, my favorite writing implement is my grandfather's Shaeffer PFM IV, but it's both an heirloom and worth actually a good chunk of change apparently, so I don't use it much. Also, as much as I love it, it probably can't handle my favorite ink, and its very name is super duper sexist.
Nice - I do really want a Snorkel eventually. They're such cool pens (as are most vintage pens). I just bought an Eversharp and and old Waterman off eBay, but I have no clue if they'll work, haha.
I usually use a Pilot metropolitan (with converter), but I also have a Lamy Safari (with converter, but I also have cartridges).

Paperwise, there's a heavy-bond cotton "Resume Paper" I usually use for the typewriter because it's more satisfying. It's a bit heavy for the fountain pen, though, so I usually just use a nicer notebook, like a Rhodia or a Moleskine. Typo (a store in the mall that's apparently a chain) has some nice store-brand notebooks.
Have you tried Clairefontaine? I'm trying to decide if I like it better than Rhodia or not - they're both great.
I have no idea how you did that to your face....but then, I have a bit more experience with syringes, I guess, given my job.
Basically I kept pushing down on the syringe after the cartridge was full, so the pressure built up, forced the syringe out, and splattered my face with ink.
What ink do you use?
I mainly use Edelstein Adventurine, Pelikan Royal Blue, and Waterman Florida/Serenity Blue.
Also, buy that organ! These days I have a keyboard, but no piano/organ. I miss the "real" keys.

The main thing that stopped me was that it doesn't come with a speaker or anything, and those things are expensive as hell. Still, the organ was in perfect condition for like 50 bucks (would have been 1500+ new), so maybe it would have been worth it.
"This site is trash as a debate site. It's club penguin for dysfunctional adults."

~ Skepsikyma <3

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

"You seem to aspire to be a cross between a Jewish hipster, an old school WASP aristocrat, and a political iconoclast"

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2015 3:14:52 PM
At 6/2/2015 3:06:46 PM, ShabShoral wrote:

Nice - I do really want a Snorkel eventually. They're such cool pens (as are most vintage pens). I just bought an Eversharp and and old Waterman off eBay, but I have no clue if they'll work, haha.

Just be careful--I came close to breaking the PFM because the way it works isn't intuitive and when I first got it I didn't know squat about how fountain pens (particularly vacuum-filled ones) work. For a long time I treated it like a dip pen, since I didn't think it held ink. When I eventually took it apart a couple of years ago, I found out that apparently my grandfather had never used it, because the innards were pristine. Now I know how it works, but I still don't use it.

I LOVE the inlaid nib and fat barrel, though. When I'm rich, I'll buy one I can use. They remade them a few years ago (for super lots of money), and I'm hoping the barrel on those isn't just plastic. I have a hard time paying over 50 bucks for a plastic pen, no matter how good the feed is, and those PFM (or..Legacies, I think the remakes are?) are like in the thousands range.

Have you tried Clairefontaine? I'm trying to decide if I like it better than Rhodia or not - they're both great.

I have not tried those. There's only one "good" stationary shop in town, and you'll notice "good" is in quotes. And I already have so many notebooks its hard to justify making an Amazon order.

Basically I kept pushing down on the syringe after the cartridge was full, so the pressure built up, forced the syringe out, and splattered my face with ink.

Goodness. Did you not have a needle? I use a syrine with a needle, if I'm going to use a syringe to fill. Yeah, it's pointy, but you can fill it all the way up with precision. If you don't have access, you might want to consider those pet meds syringes that have the built-in plastic tip. It's so you can jam it in an animal's mouth, I guess (I used it when we used to have rats, but in that case I was irrigating a wound), but it should serve a similar purpose and can be bought without seeming too sketchy. They have them in the kids section or the pet section depending, since I think they're for kids too.

What ink do you use?
I mainly use Edelstein Adventurine, Pelikan Royal Blue, and Waterman Florida/Serenity Blue.

Ever use Noodler's?

The main thing that stopped me was that it doesn't come with a speaker or anything, and those things are expensive as hell. Still, the organ was in perfect condition for like 50 bucks (would have been 1500+ new), so maybe it would have been worth it.

Wait, it was 50 bucks?!?!?!?! Good lord!
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2015 3:28:43 PM
At 6/2/2015 3:14:52 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 6/2/2015 3:06:46 PM, ShabShoral wrote:

Just be careful--I came close to breaking the PFM because the way it works isn't intuitive and when I first got it I didn't know squat about how fountain pens (particularly vacuum-filled ones) work. For a long time I treated it like a dip pen, since I didn't think it held ink. When I eventually took it apart a couple of years ago, I found out that apparently my grandfather had never used it, because the innards were pristine. Now I know how it works, but I still don't use it.
Wow, yeah, one of those in good condition must be worth a lot.
I LOVE the inlaid nib and fat barrel, though. When I'm rich, I'll buy one I can use. They remade them a few years ago (for super lots of money), and I'm hoping the barrel on those isn't just plastic. I have a hard time paying over 50 bucks for a plastic pen, no matter how good the feed is, and those PFM (or..Legacies, I think the remakes are?) are like in the thousands range.
Jeez, thousands?!? That's more than a mid-range Montblanc...

I have not tried those. There's only one "good" stationary shop in town, and you'll notice "good" is in quotes. And I already have so many notebooks its hard to justify making an Amazon order.
If you do order online. I recommend Goulet Pens. They have some of the best customer service I've seen.
Basically I kept pushing down on the syringe after the cDartridge was full, so the pressure built up, forced the syringe out, and splattered my face with ink.

Goodness. Did you not have a needle? I use a syrine with a needle, if I'm going to use a syringe to fill. Yeah, it's pointy, but you can fill it all the way up with precision. If you don't have access, you might want to consider those pet meds syringes that have the built-in plastic tip. It's so you can jam it in an animal's mouth, I guess (I used it when we used to have rats, but in that case I was irrigating a wound), but it should serve a similar purpose and can be bought without seeming too sketchy. They have them in the kids section or the pet section depending, since I think they're for kids too.
Haha, yeah, it was an open-ended syringe meant for children's medication or something. I learned my lesson. I've stopped refilling cartridges, though - I converted my Falcon into an eyedropper, and the syringe seems to work with that (not much pressure can build up).
What ink do you use?

Ever use Noodler's?
Nope - I've heard bad things about Baystate Blue, haha. What's your favorite ink?

I'm not sure if you're baffled by the low price or the high price, lol.

~ Skepsikyma <3

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2015 3:37:54 PM

Microsoft Word 2007

I still have that.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
PetersSmith
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2015 3:39:27 PM
At 6/2/2015 3:37:54 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:

Microsoft Word 2007

I still have that.

It's the only version that I can view the document on two pages each and am actually able to read it too.
Empress of DDO (also Poll and Forum "Maintenance" Moderator)

"The two most important days in your life is the day you were born, and the day you find out why."
~Mark Twain

"Wow"
-Doge

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there's a picture with a quote next to it."
~Abraham Lincoln

Guide to the Polls Section: http://www.debate.org...
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2015 3:40:41 PM
I've always kind of wanted to buy an NES.

I also like old TVs. Sometimes they are literally better, too - http://blogs.which.co.uk...

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2015 3:41:37 PM
At 6/2/2015 3:40:41 PM, 1harderthanyouthink wrote:
I've always kind of wanted to buy an NES.

I also like old TVs. Sometimes they are literally better, too - http://blogs.which.co.uk...

Though those aren't as old as the ones I like.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2015 3:42:05 PM

Microsoft Word 2007

My grandfather uses Word 1997 (complete with Clippy). It's actually pretty much as functional as the new programs.

~ Skepsikyma <3

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2015 3:43:15 PM
At 6/2/2015 3:28:43 PM, ShabShoral wrote:

If you do order online. I recommend Goulet Pens. They have some of the best customer service I've seen.

Haha, yeah, it was an open-ended syringe meant for children's medication or something. I learned my lesson. I've stopped refilling cartridges, though - I converted my Falcon into an eyedropper, and the syringe seems to work with that (not much pressure can build up).

Yeah. I had an eyedropped until I had a catastrophic bag failure on the bike and it wound up on the highway--I liked it a lot. It actually came with some of my noodler's, in fact.

What ink do you use?

Ever use Noodler's?
Nope - I've heard bad things about Baystate Blue, haha. What's your favorite ink?

Noodler's apparently has a colorful history. There's a lot of drama--mentioning Noodler's is enough to get you banned or your post deleted on several of the more prominent fountain pen forums, because of the drama. The guy who makes it is like a tea-partier...from Massachusetts, which is amusing. I was born in MA, so I have a soft spot for stuff from there, but apparently he refuses to have employees because then he'd have to pay more taxes, so there's frequently shortages of the ink.

From what I understand, his inks are weird. They CAN damage pens, particularly older ones, because they're not like the standard ink. But that's kind of a plus...regular fountain pen ink usually washes off paper like instantly (I recently tested this with Mont Blanc ink, incidentally. Instant wash-off. And they changed their bottles recently, too, and the redesign makes no sense! It kept a major element from the old bottles, but turned it into a "design" element, by changing it such that it no longer functions for its purpose. I was sooo mad); his inks for the most part have way more durability, and I think that's related to the same reasons it's more likely to clog/damage older pens, so it's a tradeoff.

I used to use either Mont Blanc or J. Herbin and, if I were to use the PFM, I still would. But for my "new" pens, I've been using his Heart of Darkness. It is, as far as I can tell, a "bulletproof" ink. So it's SUPER dark black, and water-resistant at the very least (it may not be a true bulletproof, I can't remember, but it certainly can handle going under the faucet, and it's not like I'm writing things that need to last FOREVER, just that need to not wash away instantly if water exists near them). He's got like a gross of different inks, and some have really overtly political names (and of a politics I don't agree with, not that it particularly matters). If you're lucky, you can get one of the bigger bottles that sometimes comes with an eyedropper pen, and the one I got was briefly my favorite until it lost a fight with highway traffic (and before I got the Pilot, which I'd love to actually compare it against). So, especially if you can get one of the ones that comes with the pen, I highly recommend it.

Bay State Blue is supposed to be an uber-permanent super-rich blue. So it can stain, and it can even supposedly damage. But...that's sort of not shocking. I think a big problem is that he doesn't address it, so if you don't know any better, you'll buy it and then be pissed, and that's not super cool. But, given that I DO know it, and I'm only willing to put it in pens that I'm willing to lose in theory, I've had nothing but good experiences.

The low price!
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2015 3:45:34 PM
Really - this http://homehinges.com... just has more character than this http://www.menshealth.com...

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
kasmic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2015 3:46:15 PM

I have always been obsessed with record players. I have hundreds of records and still listen to them... i'm not sure why I like them so much, I just do haha.
"Liberalism Defined" http://www.debate.org...
"The Social Contract" http://www.debate.org...
"Intro to IR An Open Discussion" http://www.debate.org...

Check out my website, the Sensible Soapbox http://www.sensiblesoapbox.com...
My latest article: http://www.sensiblesoapbox.com...
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2015 3:51:34 PM
At 6/2/2015 3:46:15 PM, kasmic wrote:

I have always been obsessed with record players. I have hundreds of records and still listen to them... i'm not sure why I like them so much, I just do haha.

I would collect records...but vinyl costs too damn much. I bought this album - http://cps-static.rovicorp.com... a few months ago for $25 on vinyl because it was by far the cheapest price I'd ever seen it for a new copy.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
bladerunner060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2015 3:58:54 PM

I bought a crappy, overly expensive record player Looooong ago. It finally bit the dust recently and I discovered you don't have to pay through the nose any more! There's a sweet Sylvania one with a built in speaker (it's not great, but it'll do), USB output (my Linux treats it as just another microphone, which means it's plug-and-play), and an Aux output. It runs on batteries or USB, and it's only like thirty bucks (hellooo Prime!) I've been listening to quite a few more records lately. I own a very strange collection, largely because I usually buy them from the local used bookstore. So, 2 copies of "The Return of Bruno", all of the Blues Brothers, 2 DIFFERENT Robotech soundtracks...but my Greetings from Asbury Park is so worn out it doesn't play right. I did buy a couple of "new" records, though--a Pogues album (but Peace and Love, which isn't my favorite), the Black Keys, and a La Roux album.
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2015 7:07:55 PM
At 6/2/2015 3:58:54 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:

I bought a crappy, overly expensive record player Looooong ago. It finally bit the dust recently and I discovered you don't have to pay through the nose any more! There's a sweet Sylvania one with a built in speaker (it's not great, but it'll do), USB output (my Linux treats it as just another microphone, which means it's plug-and-play), and an Aux output. It runs on batteries or USB, and it's only like thirty bucks (hellooo Prime!) I've been listening to quite a few more records lately. I own a very strange collection, largely because I usually buy them from the local used bookstore. So, 2 copies of "The Return of Bruno", all of the Blues Brothers, 2 DIFFERENT Robotech soundtracks...but my Greetings from Asbury Park is so worn out it doesn't play right. I did buy a couple of "new" records, though--a Pogues album (but Peace and Love, which isn't my favorite), the Black Keys, and a La Roux album.

Off-topic: what distro do you run?

~ Skepsikyma <3

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
ShabShoral
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2015 7:15:08 PM
At 6/2/2015 3:43:15 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 6/2/2015 3:28:43 PM, ShabShoral wrote:

Yeah. I had an eyedropped until I had a catastrophic bag failure on the bike and it wound up on the highway--I liked it a lot. It actually came with some of my noodler's, in fact.
That sucks :/
What ink do you use?

Ever use Noodler's?

Bay State Blue is supposed to be an uber-permanent super-rich blue. So it can stain, and it can even supposedly damage. But...that's sort of not shocking. I think a big problem is that he doesn't address it, so if you don't know any better, you'll buy it and then be pissed, and that's not super cool. But, given that I DO know it, and I'm only willing to put it in pens that I'm willing to lose in theory, I've had nothing but good experiences.

Wow, I actually didn't know all of that stuff about Noodler's politics. What a weird way to run a pen company...

I maybe wouldn't be so adverse to trying Noodler's if I didn't use vintage pens with ink sacs that are easily corroded. I don't particularly value waterproofness either, so I don't think the inks are for me - they certainly have their place, though, and I'm glad you enjoy them!

The low price!

Here's the listing:

http://tampa.craigslist.org...

Maybe I should buy it, even just as an investment... I'd imagine that I could resell it for a LOT more if I didn't want to keep it.

~ Skepsikyma <3

~ Dylly Dylly Cat Cat

~ Thett the Mighty

"fvck omg ur face"

~ Liz
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2015 2:05:51 AM
Making the technology forum somewhat relevant is perhaps the biggest accomplishment on DDO this year.

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Diqiucun_Cunmin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2015 7:28:36 AM

Microsoft Word 2007

I think 2007 is still the mainstream. 2010 and after aren't that popular. 2003 is a significant minority, probably more significant than 2010.
The thing is, I hate relativism. I hate relativism more than I hate everything else, excepting, maybe, fibreglass powerboats... What it overlooks, to put it briefly and crudely, is the fixed structure of human nature. - Jerry Fodor

Don't be a stat cynic:

Response to conservative views on deforestation:

Topics I'd like to debate (not debating ATM): http://tinyurl.com...
FaustianJustice
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/4/2015 2:16:51 AM
Everything that is not inclusive of a "smart" phone.

That being my answering machine, home phone, Pentax K1000 Process photography camera, and various watches.

It should be noted that I also don't own a cell phone, smart or other.
Here we have an advocate for Islamic arranged marriages demonstrating that children can consent to sex.