Jump to topic:

Computer help

Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2010 4:22:20 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I have a Fujitsu A1130 series "lifebook" and it worked great up until recently. It starts up okay (slower than normal) but once I try and log into a username it just stays loading and won't go any further. Anyone have ideas on what the problem could be?
Why kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?
Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2010 4:25:55 PM
Tried starting it in safe mode as well, same thing happened.
xxdarkxx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2010 4:47:21 PM
ummm i had a friend that had this happen to their computer... idr the solution though
blow capacitor? (i know that happened to someone)

i'll see if i can find out
burningpuppies101
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2010 6:33:47 PM
At 8/25/2010 4:22:20 PM, alex_hanson911 wrote:
I have a Fujitsu A1130 series "lifebook" and it worked great up until recently. It starts up okay (slower than normal) but once I try and log into a username it just stays loading and won't go any further. Anyone have ideas on what the problem could be?

Have you tried just leaving it for a while and coming back?

Also, i don't think it's a hardware error, it seems to be software based. Can you think of any programs that you might have downloaded or files you may have opened that may have been bad files?

I would suggest getting Hiren's Boot CD: http://www.hirensbootcd.net...
Try running some of the anti malware/anti virus/etc programs from it. Maybe you've got a virus..

And if worst comes to worst and no one has been able to give you an answer and you don't really need your files, you can always just reinstall windows.
Omnes te moriturum amant 

http://www.debate.org...
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2010 4:57:41 AM

Delete your system_32 folder. It's the only way.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
xxdarkxx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2010 12:18:50 PM
At 8/26/2010 4:57:41 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

nah it would be much easier to just swipe a magnet across the hard drive once for every partition.
Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2010 1:05:19 PM
At 8/25/2010 6:33:47 PM, burningpuppies101 wrote:

Also, i don't think it's a hardware error, it seems to be software based. Can you think of any programs that you might have downloaded or files you may have opened that may have been bad files?

Try running some of the anti malware/anti virus/etc programs from it. Maybe you've got a virus..

And if worst comes to worst and no one has been able to give you an answer and you don't really need your files, you can always just reinstall windows.

Yeah i have, no go. I will try the site but i can't run anything until i'm able to log in
Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2010 1:08:15 PM
At 8/26/2010 1:05:19 PM, alex_hanson911 wrote:

Yeah i have, no go. I will try the site but i can't run anything until i'm able to log in

Nvm that, it's a cd that you can use without logging in. I will definitily look into this
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2010 1:41:07 PM
At 8/26/2010 12:18:50 PM, xxdarkxx wrote:
At 8/26/2010 4:57:41 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

nah it would be much easier to just swipe a magnet across the hard drive once for every partition.

Do both for epic justice.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
burningpuppies101
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2010 5:58:50 PM
At 8/26/2010 1:08:15 PM, alex_hanson911 wrote:
At 8/26/2010 1:05:19 PM, alex_hanson911 wrote:

Nvm that, it's a cd that you can use without logging in. I will definitily look into this

ya, try it. don't listen to the other fools. :D
Omnes te moriturum amant 

tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2010 7:38:19 PM

Sounds like a software error to me.
Questions:
What OS are you running?
Was your virus protection up-to-date?
Did you install any new software recently?

Most likely you'll have to do a system restore.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
burningpuppies101
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2010 9:12:30 PM
At 8/26/2010 7:38:19 PM, tvellalott wrote:

Questions:
What OS are you running?
I'm guessing XP/Vista

most likely not, or else he probably wouldn't have this problem.

he doesn't know

that would suck, which is why i suggested HBCD
Omnes te moriturum amant 

Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2010 11:41:33 PM

Questions:
What OS are you running?

It does sounds like software since I can actually get the computer up to this point. which would be sweet since i can fix that myself. I'm running 7. I don't remember if it's up to date but i've always been pretty good about that. I can't remember these details since the computer actually broke like 6 months ago, i am just no attempting to fix it again ><
JustCallMeTarzan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2010 2:50:47 PM
At 8/26/2010 11:41:33 PM, alex_hanson911 wrote:

Questions:
What OS are you running?

It does sounds like software since I can actually get the computer up to this point. which would be sweet since i can fix that myself. I'm running 7. I don't remember if it's up to date but i've always been pretty good about that. I can't remember these details since the computer actually broke like 6 months ago, i am just no attempting to fix it again ><

I know this sounds a little strange, but if you rip out the hard drive and plug it into another computer running Windows Vista or 7 (they are both kernel 6)... sometimes it will work when you put it back in...
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2010 4:14:30 PM

Questions:
What OS are you running?

7 is awesome. :)
Anyway, put your 7 disk in (if you don't have one theres a good, legal way to get one and a naughty illegal way, but anyway) and do a system recovery.
There are plenty of tutorials. Makes Google your bestie.
If it's hardware, take it to the shop. Because laptop hardware is almost completely onboard it's difficult to replace. You'd probably end up stuff things up worse.

Muh threads
Alex
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/1/2010 8:00:38 PM
At 9/1/2010 4:14:30 PM, tvellalott wrote:

Questions:
What OS are you running?

7 is awesome. :)
Anyway, put your 7 disk in (if you don't have one theres a good, legal way to get one and a naughty illegal way, but anyway) and do a system recovery.
There are plenty of tutorials. Makes Google your bestie.
If it's hardware, take it to the shop. Because laptop hardware is almost completely onboard it's difficult to replace. You'd probably end up stuff things up worse.

If it's hardware i'm fuc*ked, my warranty just expired.
JustCallMeTarzan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2010 10:12:40 AM
At 9/1/2010 8:00:38 PM, alex_hanson911 wrote:

If it's hardware i'm fuc*ked, my warranty just expired.

Not really... worst case scenario it's date corruption in the Windows boot files. It's loading the kernel properly, which is why you can get to the sign-in page. This can be caused by a simple seek error or by some kind of damage to that sector of the hard drive.

In any event, if you can get into the kernel, then your file allocation table is most likely intact, which means that you can yank the hard drive and use an adapter to get it off. If it's a SATA drive, you can likely hot swap it into another computer. Otherwise, get one of these: http://www.newegg.com...

I have a slightly different one, but $20 is about the going rate...

If your hard drive is toast, get one a Western Digital Caviar Black (for desktop) or A WD Scorpio Blue/Black (for laptop).

Reloading Windows is actually the easiest part, given that your data is backed up. There is absolutely nothing illegal about obtaining an ISO for the Win 7 Ultimate installation disc and burning yourself a copy. The Ultimate version contains all the information for the other versions.

When you go to install it, use the key from the sticker on the underside of your laptop, and the installer will automatically select the correct version of Win 7 and install that one.

If you're really strapped for resources, you can just go ahead and start the installation, and it will make a "Windows.OLD" folder with all your data in it, and you will be able to access it from the new installation of Windows.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/3/2010 12:06:28 AM
At 9/2/2010 10:12:40 AM, JustCallMeTarzan wrote:

What he said. :)

Muh threads