Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2010 8:19:30 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Should We Go To Space?
I want your opinions.
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2010 10:31:18 PM
At 9/11/2010 10:30:09 PM, wjmelements wrote:
Who is "we"?

Looking at where he lives, I'm guessing he means "United States of America". <shrugs>
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2010 10:54:22 PM
At 9/11/2010 10:31:18 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 9/11/2010 10:30:09 PM, wjmelements wrote:
Who is "we"?

Looking at where he lives, I'm guessing he means "United States of America". <shrugs>

I think it would be pretty expensive for 300000000 people to go to space.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
J.Kenyon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2010 10:57:05 PM
At 9/11/2010 10:54:22 PM, wjmelements wrote:
I think it would be pretty expensive for 300000000 people to go to space.

Lol
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2010 11:11:59 PM
He means the DDO party should be held in space.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2010 4:20:12 AM
The trade off is there. I mean, unless we begin to commit mass genocide and\ or do a 180 on all our social policies to stem population growth, we're gonna have to start colonising in space sometime in the future.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2010 8:37:17 AM
At 9/12/2010 4:20:12 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
The trade off is there. I mean, unless we begin to commit mass genocide and\ or do a 180 on all our social policies to stem population growth, we're gonna have to start colonising in space sometime in the future.

http://en.wikipedia.org...
Unnecessary. The population of humans will slow its increase, as it has in Italy and Greece. I'll happily debate this with you.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2010 8:41:57 AM
At 9/12/2010 8:37:17 AM, wjmelements wrote:

Unnecessary. The population of humans will slow its increase, as it has in Italy and Greece. I'll happily debate this with you.

Yes, it'll slow its increase as we have observed thus far. As 300 years ago and they would have said the population would continue to grow at extraordinary rates.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2010 9:03:19 AM
At 9/12/2010 8:41:57 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

Yes, it'll slow its increase as we have observed thus far. As 300 years ago and they would have said the population would continue to grow at extraordinary rates.

A ball rolling down a hill is accelerating. Now, we'd expect it to keep accelerating as it rolls up a hill because as we have observed thus far, it has been accelerating.

Population growth is logistic. It is in animals, it will be in humans. Humans have just recently adapted in a manner that allows them to have a significantly higher population. And as long as they continue to find ways for living (food, water, housing, education) to be cheap, the individual will be more likely to produce offspring. Abortion and birth control have also limited accidental pregnancies. The population of several European countries is projected to slow, halt or even decline.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2010 9:05:25 AM
At 9/12/2010 9:03:19 AM, wjmelements wrote:
At 9/12/2010 8:41:57 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:

A ball rolling down a hill is accelerating. Now, we'd expect it to keep accelerating as it rolls up a hill because as we have observed thus far, it has been accelerating.

That's presuming we know there is a hill.

Population growth is logistic. It is in animals, it will be in humans. Humans have just recently adapted in a manner that allows them to have a significantly higher population. And as long as they continue to find ways for living (food, water, housing, education) to be cheap, the individual will be more likely to produce offspring. Abortion and birth control have also limited accidental pregnancies. The population of several European countries is projected to slow, halt or even decline.

My projection would be slow. I did this in Geography albeit quite briefly.
Chrysippus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2010 8:00:50 PM
Certainly; if you mean "send humans to space."

There are a large number of humans that are already most of the way there. We call them "politicians." It'd only take a little nudge to launch them into orbit, and it'd make life so much nicer down here for the rest of us...
Cavete mea inexorabilis legiones mimus!
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2010 8:06:47 PM
At 9/12/2010 8:00:50 PM, Chrysippus wrote:
There are a large number of humans that are already most of the way there. We call them "politicians." It'd only take a little nudge to launch them into orbit, and it'd make life so much nicer down here for the rest of us...

Without any people to make policy, we'd be stuck as-is.
Chrysippus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2010 8:09:18 PM
At 9/12/2010 8:06:47 PM, wjmelements wrote:

Well, not really. Entropy, and all that. Chaos would probably ensue shortly; but the peace would be nice while it lasted :)
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2010 8:28:22 PM
I have an idea. This earth is polluted and there are too many people to live here for much longer.

Lets give another planet a nice atmosphere, losts oof flora and fauna life, its own water cycle etc, have roads and buildings built before putting animals there, control the temp to earth like conditions, and atheists can live there. We would of course make it so we could contact earth and stay in touch and everything.

We could even have pacifists inhabit another planet. If anyone attacks another planet then they are just jack*sses anyway lol.

<its just a joke anyway, plz no one take it seriously. I thought it was a given, but people always seem to think I actually believe this stuff so I feel the need to insert a disclaimer.>
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2010 8:30:06 PM
At 9/12/2010 8:09:18 PM, Chrysippus wrote:
At 9/12/2010 8:06:47 PM, wjmelements wrote:
Well, not really. Entropy, and all that. Chaos would probably ensue shortly; but the peace would be nice while it lasted :)

The government could run without policy makers. The policy makers only define policy. The policy is already defined. It's not like the police would stop working because the legislators disappeared.
Chrysippus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2010 8:37:42 PM
At 9/12/2010 8:28:22 PM, lovelife wrote:
I have an idea. This earth is polluted and there are too many people to live here for much longer.

Lets give another planet a nice atmosphere, losts oof flora and fauna life, its own water cycle etc, have roads and buildings built before putting animals there, control the temp to earth like conditions, and atheists can live there. We would of course make it so we could contact earth and stay in touch and everything.

Place an order with the Magarathea Planetary Construction Corp. They reportedly enjoy that sort of thing. Who's paying?

We could even have pacifists inhabit another planet. If anyone attacks another planet then they are just jack*sses anyway lol.

It'd be an awful small planet...
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2010 8:41:39 PM
At 9/12/2010 8:37:42 PM, Chrysippus wrote:
At 9/12/2010 8:28:22 PM, lovelife wrote:

Place an order with the Magarathea Planetary Construction Corp. They reportedly enjoy that sort of thing. Who's paying?

Everyone whose going pools their own money, plus the people that know of the people going and just want to get them the f-ck away lol.

It'd be an awful small planet...

Probably, but it would be peaceful.