Jump to topic:

Mecha

SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2010 5:07:05 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Should we develop mecha (giant fighting robots)? A few have been made but they are quite pathetic.
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2010 5:18:05 PM
At 9/19/2010 5:07:05 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
Should we develop mecha (giant fighting robots)? A few have been made but they are quite pathetic.

As I mentioned in your cloning topic, I think a remote controlled robot army would be much better then a human one. I suppose you'd have to have some human controlled units in with the mix, so yeah; bring on the giant fighting robot suits!
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2010 4:26:12 AM
Anymore takers . . .
Minister Of Trolling
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2010 5:39:46 PM
Someone else . . .
Minister Of Trolling
:
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2010 12:44:07 AM
At 9/21/2010 5:39:46 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
Someone else . . .

Why don't you make a bloody comment!!!
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2010 2:59:07 AM
I love how it is the Japanese who seem to be doing the most in robotics, life imitating art?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/22/2010 9:26:48 AM
At 9/22/2010 2:59:07 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
I love how it is the Japanese who seem to be doing the most in robotics, life imitating art?

Actually that's a really good point. In an arms race like this, traditional countries of strength might be less strong. Who better to take over the world with such technology and efficiency in mass production than the Japanese? They could easily beat the crap out of North Korea, when there's an army of mechanized Samurai warriors slaughtering all those starving 13 y.o.'s it's kind of a game changer.
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2010 2:52:20 AM
At 9/22/2010 9:26:48 AM, innomen wrote:
Actually that's a really good point. In an arms race like this, traditional countries of strength might be less strong. Who better to take over the world with such technology and efficiency in mass production than the Japanese? They could easily beat the crap out of North Korea, when there's an army of mechanized Samurai warriors slaughtering all those starving 13 y.o.'s it's kind of a game changer.

China's economy is now larger than Japans. :P

At any rate mecha always seemed fun but horribly ineffective for what is essentially relegation to street patrol duty. Any other function would be conceivably out performed by drones.
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2010 6:45:26 AM
Any more giant a$$ robots . . . ?
Minister Of Trolling
:
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2010 12:12:54 AM
Humans are always cheaper than mechs... And a human pilot may be cheaper and better than an Artificial intelligence, or even remote control(Jamming).

In any case, yes, i agree that the future is robotics. This would greatly help in, for exampl, space, where it is more dangerous to send a human out than a robot. But most of the mechs that you are thinking about(Bipedal and the likes) are absurd. It would be better if the mech imitated Insects. And instead of giant ones, it woulbe better if they were smaller. More cost effective that way.
wush
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2010 12:48:26 AM
god forbid no
mecha means even more destruction and havoc waged in wars. Why can't humans simply stop developing these weapons and work out a way to have peace without violence.
BE HAPPY!! =D
you are beautiful, don't let anyone tell you you're not
you're 100X more beautiful when you smile, not that you need it
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/28/2010 1:23:08 PM
At 9/28/2010 12:48:26 AM, wush wrote:
god forbid no
mecha means even more destruction and havoc waged in wars. Why can't humans simply stop developing these weapons and work out a way to have peace without violence.

Sure, and fire can be used to burn people and buildlings to the ground. But that doesnt mean we cant use fire for Good, like cooking food or keeping us warm.

Mecha can be used for good things as well as bad things. Thats the cost of progress. Do you know how many houses are being powered by nuclear reactors?
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/11/2011 9:33:40 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Hmmm . . . *resurrection . . .*
Minister Of Trolling
:
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2011 9:06:34 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
http://neogentronyx.com...
Minister Of Trolling
: