NVIDIA vs AMD graphics

tajshar2k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2015 3:11:01 PM
Posted: 1 year ago
At 10/24/2015 3:06:31 PM, gabep wrote:
At the $200-$300 which would you prefer?

NVIDIA, because it has hackintosh support. Radeon graphics are a pain in the butt. Performance wise, I do not really care.
"In Guns We Trust" Tajshar2k
gabep
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2015 3:40:54 PM
At 10/24/2015 3:11:01 PM, tajshar2k wrote:

NVIDIA, because it has hackintosh support. Radeon graphics are a pain in the butt. Performance wise, I do not really care.

My friend who will be doing the build will install Windows so he doesn't really care about that.
THsea
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2015 8:37:38 AM
I haven't looked into the subject for a few years... But back when I was current on this issue, Nvidia had better drivers. Performance, dollar per dollar, was pretty similar.

Maybe look into wattage required for the card, or possible compatibility issues with it and the motherboard. I don't remember hearing about mobo to graphics compatibility being common... But if you want to dot your i's and cross your t's, these would be the things I would look into before purchasing a card.

I wish you the best on your new box! It will be a year or two before I start looking into building a new one for myself.
kheroadeel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/6/2016 4:04:41 PM
Posted: 11 months ago
Personally I prefer NVIDIA because I used this graphic cards from so many years and I love its graphics while playing any heavy game.
http://www.360factors.com...
pankaj554
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2016 12:11:32 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
Nvidia's graphics cards gives you less trouble with games, some of AMD cards got slighty problems with older games, and Nvidia also runs quieter and cooler. So I will go for Nvidia's graphics cards.

Pankaj:
http://www.bestcouponcodes.in...
Smellyalater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/15/2016 8:03:45 AM
I would go with Nvidia, I was never really impressed with AMD, but to be honest, I don't know if they have brought in anything new in the recent years.
Heterodox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/1/2016 1:04:55 AM

Well for performance (at the price range) and only including the cost of the card (not your energy bills) I would go with AMD. AMD vs Nvidia is similar in comparison to Mac vs PC. You tend to get more bang for your buck with AMD/PC.
wuliheron
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2016 5:47:00 PM
Posted: 4 months ago
AMD is the underdog making lower priced 2-3 hundred dollar cards more of a toss-up, especially if you are talking about a complete system, and more of a question of the games you want to play. I recommend the Steam Hardware forums.

Zen is coming on the market soon which could finally provide serious competition for both Intel and Nvidia. AMD having the ability to provide any cheap modular designs people want means they'll become the default standard for video games. Already the next X-box is being designed to produce 7 teraflops using cheap AMD technology that just produces more bang for your buck, while Intel has laid off a huge number of staff and declared they are out of the race for Moore's Law and changing venues altogether. Next year's releases should prove especially powerful with everyone adding new types of outrageously high-speed memory to everything because silicon processors are maxing out at 5 ghz. To put that in perspective, the newest Nvidia card has 24gb of memory and it will be quite some time before the dust settles on this one.
JohnF.Kennedy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2016 1:10:23 PM
Posted: 3 months ago
It really depends on what you're willing to spend.
AMD is your casual budget video card that performs real well, but an NVIDIA card is what you would get if you were that rich kid down the street whose parents buy him a 2000 computer each year because he broke the last one

Personally, I have an brand new AMD card, if I had a little higher budget I would've gotten NVIDIA.
That being said, NVIDIA is your typical alpha dog company that has the biggest popularity in the market
I actually do not care at all about any refugees, I have said time and time again that Europes external borders should be maintained by autonomous 30mm grenade launchers firing air burst rounds.
Flatlander
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2016 4:43:04 PM
Posted: 1 month ago
Nvidia has a track record of being a morally evil company.

They have been known to design their products to purposely perform worse when connected to devices not associated with Nvidia.

For example, making Nvidia GPUs work worse with AMD Chipsets, than if they were connected to Intel Chipsets.

They have also designed software that worked with other GPUs, then did an update to make the software NOT work, unless you had an Nvidia GPU. (Of course people designed hacks to fix this, but the fact Nvidia does this at all is incredibly stupid).

I have boycotted Nvidia for years due to this. I do not care how superior their hardware is.