Jump to topic:

Google Takeover

lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/20/2010 8:27:29 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Anyone else notice Google is/has taken over the internet?
from docs to earth to sketchup to android. Soon to be Google TV and a free Google web bases OS. They are undermining Microsoft and Apple in certain departments.
Is it unhealthy for a company to become so large and far reaching? or are their ideas and products simply of a higher value?
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2010 10:10:19 PM
As long as they don't turn into an evil corporation like Microsoft, it should be alright.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2010 11:55:33 PM
It pisses me off that everything is google. Like google accounts everything, even youtube. Since my youtube is under my yahoo email, I cannot be signed on on youtube, and check my gmail (main email, the one I use to talk to mom, and get school updates)
I'm sick of it. I used to use google search engines, and I hate bing with a passion, but it, and yahoo search are the lesser evils.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
xxdarkxx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2010 10:41:19 AM
At 10/21/2010 11:55:33 PM, lovelife wrote:
It pisses me off that everything is google. Like google accounts everything, even youtube. Since my youtube is under my yahoo email, I cannot be signed on on youtube, and check my gmail (main email, the one I use to talk to mom, and get school updates)
I'm sick of it. I used to use google search engines, and I hate bing with a passion, but it, and yahoo search are the lesser evils.

yes, yes in fact you can be singed onto both at the same time. You just need to know what you are doing.

What google is doing is absolutely wonderful it doesn't matter if they are starting to take over the industry. They have done more for the industry than any other company. Google is constantly pushing the technology we have right now to its limit. Google is helping our society advance in the lines of technology.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2010 12:12:19 PM
At 10/22/2010 10:41:19 AM, xxdarkxx wrote:

yes, yes in fact you can be singed onto both at the same time. You just need to know what you are doing.

Then why does it always sign me out and sh!t? I had a good 15 different passwords and now they all have to be the same to fit with the "google accounts" BS. If someone hacks my email youtube, I don't want them to hack my email too, I want to be able to retrieve my password. Same with everything else.

What google is doing is absolutely wonderful it doesn't matter if they are starting to take over the industry. They have done more for the industry than any other company. Google is constantly pushing the technology we have right now to its limit. Google is helping our society advance in the lines of technology.

Lol
xxdarkxx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2010 1:22:37 PM
At 10/22/2010 12:12:19 PM, lovelife wrote:

Then why does it always sign me out and sh!t? I had a good 15 different passwords and now they all have to be the same to fit with the "google accounts" BS. If someone hacks my email youtube, I don't want them to hack my email too, I want to be able to retrieve my password. Same with everything else.

Because you DON'T have to link your youtube to a gmail account. My main youtube is for an email that I don't even have anymore. If I ever sign on it ask me to link my account to an email. JUST DECLINE. Its quite easy.
zGodMode
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2010 11:15:56 PM
Google > all other companies.
And if you were technologically inclined, you would know you use a password manager to sign into anything and have a high secure password on that.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2010 7:57:45 AM
At 10/20/2010 8:27:29 PM, lewis20 wrote:
Is it unhealthy for a company to become so large and far reaching? or are their ideas and products simply of a higher value?

They are simply the best at most everything they've tried:
-Search Engine
-Email
-Geography
-Web-browsing
-Online Document Sharing
Oh, and they bought YouTube.
Most of the products Google owns were both free and revolutionary in their time. They make their money from ads, and if they were to start charging for their services, their services would probably be pirated or abandoned.

Also note that Google doesn't own Facebook, eBay, iTunes, MySpace, Wikipedia, or Paypal.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
Net56
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2010 11:31:34 PM
Heh, yeah, Google is pretty freaking huge. I would hesitate to say they've "taken over the INTERNET", but they ARE monopolizing like heck. Google *insert any word here* almost always turns out to be a slightly better or slightly worse version of something that is already in existance, but it's Google. As long as they actually advertise it, people will flock to it.

If they don't (Google Wave), people will kind of ignore it. Simply because we mostly just use the search. And the search is pretty much an empty page. But heck. They've got everything. Chrome, Mail, Search, Videos, Images, Chat (pretty sure they've got some kind of chat somewhere. Surprised if they don't), Earth. They literally have freakin' Earth. o_O

I guess they're feelin' pretty good about taking the name Earth before someone else could. Like the planet.
Being Alive, IS Awesome.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2010 11:40:08 PM
At 11/9/2010 11:31:34 PM, Net56 wrote:
Heh, yeah, Google is pretty freaking huge. I would hesitate to say they've "taken over the INTERNET", but they ARE monopolizing like heck. Google *insert any word here* almost always turns out to be a slightly better or slightly worse version of something that is already in existance, but it's Google. As long as they actually advertise it, people will flock to it.

If they don't (Google Wave), people will kind of ignore it. Simply because we mostly just use the search. And the search is pretty much an empty page. But heck. They've got everything. Chrome, Mail, Search, Videos, Images, Chat (pretty sure they've got some kind of chat somewhere. Surprised if they don't), Earth. They literally have freakin' Earth. o_O

Chat is connected to gmail.

I guess they're feelin' pretty good about taking the name Earth before someone else could. Like the planet.

Google earth? They've had that for years.
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/9/2010 11:49:34 PM
"In what has been argued to be the largest political upset in human history, the internet monopoly known as "Google" has recently initiated a massive international coup which has resulted in the toppling of the world's strongest powers. What will result from this new "Googlocracy" has yet to be seen; however, analysts are now claiming tha----------------------ALL HAIL GOOGLE."
Safia.Abdalla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2011 11:13:22 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I think there have been recent complaints about what they do with all their info. The issue with content farms is becoming pretty darn serious even though they are trying to fix it. Then their is the fact that EVERY FVCKING THING YOU DO INVOLVES YOUR DATA!
zGodMode
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2011 12:30:19 PM
At 3/3/2011 11:13:22 AM, Safia.Abdalla wrote:
I think there have been recent complaints about what they do with all their info. The issue with content farms is becoming pretty darn serious even though they are trying to fix it. Then their is the fact that EVERY FVCKING THING YOU DO INVOLVES YOUR DATA!

That's just paranoid fvcks that cry about it.
Facebook stores a lot of private info and sells it as well and they get way more info worth selling.
JustCallMeTarzan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2011 12:36:30 PM
At 10/24/2010 7:57:45 AM, wjmelements wrote:

Also note that Google doesn't own Facebook, eBay, iTunes, MySpace, Wikipedia, or Paypal.

... YET.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2011 12:43:34 PM
I remember when they said Wave was going to wipe away all the social networking competition for Google and make them completely dominant on the web.

That worked out, eh.
thegodhand
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2011 3:15:03 PM
I am a fagg.

So true.
"Modern atheism is Richard Dawkins."- thegodhand

"Thegodhand likes to misquote people"- Benjamin Franklin
Safia.Abdalla
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2011 3:27:49 PM
At 3/3/2011 12:30:19 PM, zGodMode wrote:
At 3/3/2011 11:13:22 AM, Safia.Abdalla wrote:

That's just paranoid fvcks that cry about it.
Facebook stores a lot of private info and sells it as well and they get way more info worth selling.

Should have mentioned them too. :D