Android vs. Ipone.

Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2016 9:41:41 PM
Posted: 10 months ago
Preference?
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

Officially Mrs. 16Kadams 8-30-16
Franklin.Nord
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2016 8:06:18 AM
I don't have a phone, but everyone i know with an iphone is cracked a least a little. I dont think theyre very durable.
1harderthanyouthink
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2016 8:13:29 AM
I'm probably going to stick with the LG G-series for a while. I had a G2 and got a G3 after switching from Sprint to Verizon, and I'll probably wait until G6 to replace my current phone.
"It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here,
And I'm much obliged to you for making it clear - that I'm not here."

-Syd Barrett

DDO Risk King
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2016 8:55:46 AM
At 1/23/2016 8:06:18 AM, Franklin.Nord wrote:
I don't have a phone, but everyone i know with an iphone is cracked a least a little. I dont think theyre very durable.

I know! I have a Droid Maxx 2 and have dropped it numerous ocassions -.- and it's never broke. Allot of my friends have iphones, with a protective screen, and they somehow still manage to break.
" We need more videos of cat's playing the piano on the internet" - My art professor.

"Criticism is easier to take when you realize that the only people who aren't criticized are those who don't take risks." - Donald Trump

fire_wings
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2016 11:20:46 AM
Samsung
#ALLHAILFIRETHEKINGOFTHEMISCFORUM

...it's not a new policy... it's just that DDO was built on an ancient burial ground, and that means the spirits of old rise again to cause us problems sometimes- Airmax1227

Wtf you must have an IQ of 250 if you're 11 and already decent at this- 16k

Go to sleep!!!!- missmozart

So to start off, I never committed suicide- Vaarka
ColeTrain
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2016 4:47:03 PM
At 1/22/2016 9:41:41 PM, Rosalie wrote:
Preference?

iPhone. :P
Here's a little history for you:
[http://www.debate.org...]
"The right to 360 noscope noobs shall not be infringed!!!" -- tajshar2k
"So, to start off, I've never committed suicide." -- Vaarka
"I eat glue." -- brontoraptor
"I mean, at this rate, I'd argue for a ham sandwich presidency." -- ResponsiblyIrresponsible
"Overthrow Assad, heil jihad." -- 16kadams when trolling in hangout
"Hillary Clinton is not my favorite person ... and her campaign is as inspiring as a bowl of cottage cheese." -- YYW
Kirigaya-Kazuto
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 3:38:54 PM
ALways liked Android more.
#Don'tlookatDATXDUDE'sprofilebecauseyoureyeswillexplode ~ Petfish
#Treebrokethechurchbells ~ Discipulus_Didicit
Don't quote me ~fire_wings
If anyone's getting modkilled, it's kiri. Just for his sig. ~Seventh
Yes ~Vaarka
No ~Rosalie
Ya clown ~Solon
OSU! ~Vaarka
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2016 3:57:08 PM
I used to prefer iPhone, but now I like Android. For example, I don't like the app system with Apple and Android features are actually just as good~~as well as more simple.
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2016 12:41:20 AM
Buuump

Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/10/2016 1:47:23 AM
At 1/23/2016 8:06:18 AM, Franklin.Nord wrote:

This. I've seen wet toilet paper more durable than an iPhone. I had one for a little while and it broke almost immediately. Granted, this was years ago so it was definitely not one of the iPhones they're selling now, but I somehow doubt Apple's changed all that much. I've had various Androids for years (mostly made by Motorola) and never managed to so much as scratch a screen on one. I highly recommend them. The droid turbo is my favorite of the ones out now. Ridiculous battery life and durable as fvck. I love it.
jessicaamirr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/16/2016 12:00:23 PM
Posted: 9 months ago
you're a funny character. You can't customize your homescreen. Show me how to hide app icons on the homescreen or how to move icons without using the no-free-space tile scheme. You can't download. I have an ipad and i know for a fact safari does not allow you to download. If you are using a third party app then that's not having the ability to download. Jailbreaking is a cat and mouse game and has been for years. Its not a guarantee and quite honestly the whole thing has turned ugly. Drag and drop isn't a generally stupid idea infact its a brilliant idea. Forcing you to use itunes to transfer anything to your device that isn't a photo is stupid and unproven. Again, Ive used these things for years so I know what I'm talking about. Not a single transfer session of music has gone without a hitch. I've had nothing but problems with itunes and still have them. Ios multitasking sucks. You can't change safari tabs without it reloading the page you are on. True multitasking would keep the page loaded until YOU reloaded. Also, chrome is infact built on safari, "Chrome for iOS is derived from the WebKit browser codebase, as is Apple's Mobile Safari. However, while Apple allows only Safari to access iOS facilities like the iOS Nitro engine, Chrome uses Apple's UIWebView for loading and rendering content. Any of the considerations for UIWebView apply to Chrome for iOS. See the Chrome Mobile FAQ for more information" And yes, the list does go on and on. http://www.traininginsholinganallur.in... | http://www.traininginsholinganallur.in...
tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/24/2016 10:50:26 AM
Preference?

I have a HTC M8 with the secret Otterbox cover on it. Dropped a million times, still in mint condition. I like Android because I like to tinker with it and I don't like Apple's products for the reasons most people don't. My first smart phone was an iPhone 3G and it was a nice phone.

Also, all my apps are on Google Play... I've earned 30 dollars in survey money over the last 2 years. w00t w00t. Be careful of the gamer survey. It's long and they never pay me for it. >_<

I would recommend iPhones to certain people. My ex for example. She had an iPhone 4, then an S4 after I got an S3 (big screen preeeeetty) then an S5 and I recommended she go back to iPhone when they brought the big one out. I think they're excellent phones for non-tinkerers and those not concerned about Apple's sketchy policies.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
stefanifp
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/26/2016 3:41:02 AM
it depends. the difference between smartphones becomes less and less. I used both phones and give my credit to iPhone
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2016 6:12:54 PM
I've had my iPhone for two years or so and never had an issue, including no damage. It works well and is intuitive and works with my other apple products nicely.

That said, I've been told that Samsung is superior in almost every respect. My mom has one and I everything about it, but I think it's an older model and I don't know anything about the differences between the newest versions of each.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Ragnar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2016 7:14:27 PM
It's an exclusivity issue. If you use Apple products, their net utility is improved by using more and more of them. Whereas if you don't already use Apple products, they are best avoided.

Developers have a much easier time for Android, since it's fairly universal for different devices, whereas Apple's OS forces developers to tailor each application for each individual product.

I am a bit of a Samsung Galaxy fan. I suggest getting to Galaxy5 and not upgrading beyond that unless you have a true need beyond it's capabilities (the 6 was in many ways a step back... I have no hopes for the 7 being any better). The only problem is Samsung is starting to make products that only work with other Samsung devices, which worked well for Apple, but we've already learned how annoying that is.
Unofficial DDO Guide: http://goo.gl...
(It's probably the best help resource here, other than talking to people...)

Voting Standards: https://goo.gl...

And please disable Smart-Quotes: https://goo.gl...
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2016 4:32:52 PM
Preference?

Iphone is quite convenient and has everything but the kitchen sink.
So Id say that the iphone is more advanced in many ways.
Rosalie
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2016 4:34:12 PM
At 3/11/2016 4:32:52 PM, inferno wrote:
Preference?

I have noticed that the iPhone has more desirable apps etc...but they're not as made well as androids. They don't break as easily.

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2016 4:45:11 PM
At 3/11/2016 4:34:12 PM, Rosalie wrote:
At 3/11/2016 4:32:52 PM, inferno wrote:
Preference?

I have noticed that the iPhone has more desirable apps etc...but they're not as made well as androids. They don't break as easily.

There are cases that come or can be ordered with IPhones. The one I had was very durable and can take a punch. I think if you drop a phone a certain way, or a certain number of times, then it can crack. But they are making shatterproof materials on phones now. The Iphone can do way more and the megapixel camera image quality is superior.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2016 4:45:42 PM
At 1/28/2016 3:57:08 PM, Emilrose wrote:
I used to prefer iPhone, but now I like Android. For example, I don't like the app system with Apple and Android features are actually just as good~~as well as more simple.

Interesting. I didnt learn this until today.
Emilrose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2016 8:31:50 PM
At 3/11/2016 4:45:42 PM, inferno wrote:
At 1/28/2016 3:57:08 PM, Emilrose wrote:

Interesting. I didnt learn this until today.

Well, I've contradicted myself there a little as I recently got the iPhone 6 s and am using it as I type this sentence ;)

I will say that the app features with Android are still a little less complicated though. But I seriously cannot fault this new phone I have as of yet--the battery life is especially great and the camera is the clearest I've had with a phone.
Commentator on a picture with David Cameron and a Cat: 'Amazing what you can achieve with photoshop these days. I'm sure that used to be a pig.'

Commentator on Hillary Clinton: 'If Clinton is now what passes for progressive, maybe this country deserves Trump.'

Commentator on British parliament: 'All that talent in one place, where is Ebola when you need it?'

John Kerry on words: 'These aren't just words, folks.'
CodingSource
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/14/2016 2:33:48 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
Preference?

Again, it is iPhone, not Ipone
If computers have no doors or fences, who needs Windows and Gates?

I have a 10-0-0 debate record with an ELO ranking of 2,814. From 610th during my first two-week stay, I am now 326th in the Debates Leaderboard: http://www.debate.org...
foxxhajti
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/31/2016 6:25:28 PM
Posted: 8 months ago
Preference?

They both have different aspects which are good about them. It depends really what one's trying to seek in a phone.
http://money.cnn.com...
Personally, I prefer Android, which is what I use and have never found anything to complain about it.
"It's interesting to observe that almost all truly worthy men have simple manners, and that simple manners are almost always taken as a sign of little worth" - Giacomo Leopardi

"It is more honorable to be raised to a throne than to be born to one. Fortune bestows the one, merit obtains the other." - Francesco Petrarca

"You too must not count too much on your reality as you feel it today, since like yesterday, it may prove an illusion for you tomorrow." - Luigi Pirandello