Jump to topic:

Airport Security

Sniperjake1994
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2010 8:54:50 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Thoughts on airport security either with a choice of a full body scan or metal detectors and pat down?

I believe it is the right action for the airports to do so because safety is the major issue with air travel. Arguments against it such as privacy...yeah what's the point of protecting your privacy if the plane will be hijacked or bombed? Thoughts????
At least this will deter some terrorists.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2010 11:24:04 AM
The odds of getting killed in a terrorist attack are slim to none. We'd die in a dozen car accidents before even a hint of a terrorist attack.

1 armed Federal Air Marshal is more than enough to stave off whatever terrorists get through a metal detector. All security measures past that are for the profit of the companies that supply the new technology.

It's all feeding on an unrealistic fear.

subway system, crowded malls and busy parks are all better targets for them.

Bin Laden has publicly stated his goal is to bankrupt America.

Captain hindsight is doing a good job though, I give him credit for making airplanes safer, just in the nick of time.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/20/2010 11:54:16 AM
One other note.
In 2010 Michael Chertoff (former secretary of homeland security) admitted that a client of his security firm, the Chertoff Group, is Rapiscan Systems, one of the two manufacturers of [full body scanner] technology.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler