Jump to topic:

PS3 lovers

jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2010 10:44:38 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I'm trying something different for Christmas this year. Instead of presents I'm giving m kids cash. 500.00 a piece. Maybe not the youngest, not sure yet. Going to wrap a couple of hundreds in small boring boxes and dollars and maybe even change in huge fancy boxes. A little experiment in their ability to make good choices. The boxes are just for the giggles though.

Anyway. To the point.

My son has expressed strong interest in Xbox. I would like him to get the PS3 for the blue ray. But because I'm giving cash I have no say in it. What are some good arguments for the PS3 that would appeal to him. He is 11 and most of his friends have the Xbox. It will have to e a pretty good argument, but I think I am in the right place. :)
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen
xxdarkxx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2010 11:08:45 PM
Kingdom Hearts Series

Free online gaming (tell him if he gets the 360 HE will have to pay for the online membership)

Downloadable content (ps3 has a larger selection of the classic games to download (although they do cost money) such as Wolfenstein xD)

ummmmmmm tell him he will have to pay out of his own pocket to get a XBL membership lololol if anything this will be the thing that gets him. I know when I bought my ps3 I bought it because it had free online gaming... granted I now wish I had gotten the xbox but w/e
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2010 11:39:38 PM
At 12/5/2010 11:08:45 PM, xxdarkxx wrote:
Kingdom Hearts Series

Free online gaming (tell him if he gets the 360 HE will have to pay for the online membership)

Tried that. Hes he doesn't mind. He makes his own money, various jobs.

Downloadable content (ps3 has a larger selection of the classic games to download (although they do cost money) such as Wolfenstein xD)

I'll try it.

ummmmmmm tell him he will have to pay out of his own pocket to get a XBL membership lololol if anything this will be the thing that gets him. I know when I bought my ps3 I bought it because it had free online gaming... granted I now wish I had gotten the xbox but w/e

That is the problem. He does make his own money, great for building confidence and getting a good jump on life but bad when it comes to me being able to tell him what to do with his money.

Graphics or game play any better? Sound? Better/more games? Anything?
xxdarkxx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2010 9:42:51 AM
Graphics on the PS3 are better, but the 360 has better processing capabilities.

Sound their really isn't that much difference that I have noticed.

360 can get red rings of death alot easier and sooner than the ps3 will get the yellow light of death.

Call of duty Black Ops will be only on the PS3 for the mlg pro circuit.

PS3 looks cooler? lol

Blue-ray player means better quality.
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2010 9:44:28 AM
At 12/5/2010 10:44:38 PM, jharry wrote:
Instead of presents I'm giving my kids cash. 500.00 a piece.

Hi Dad.
Remember me?
kfc
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/7/2010 7:39:41 PM
At 12/6/2010 9:44:28 AM, Koopin wrote:
At 12/5/2010 10:44:38 PM, jharry wrote:
Instead of presents I'm giving my kids cash. 500.00 a piece.

Hi Dad.
Remember me?

I was in Georgia about the time you were conceived. But I still demand a DNA test. No child of mine would like that god awful pigeon they serve over there at KFC.:)
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2010 1:08:51 PM
playing with all my friends online was the only reason I got an xbox 360 when it came out. It's a pretty strong deciding factor.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/8/2010 4:11:28 PM
At 12/8/2010 1:08:51 PM, lewis20 wrote:
playing with all my friends online was the only reason I got an xbox 360 when it came out. It's a pretty strong deciding factor.

I was just going to say this. If all of his friends already have one, it's a losing battle.

Just buy a PS3 for yourself. It has quite a few perks and you might actually enjoy the gaming experience.

And, once the whole 3DTV thing really surges, it'll be ready for that, too. ;)
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2010 3:31:07 PM
At 12/8/2010 4:11:28 PM, Ren wrote:

I was just going to say this. If all of his friends already have one, it's a losing battle.

Just buy a PS3 for yourself. It has quite a few perks and you might actually enjoy the gaming experience.

And, once the whole 3DTV thing really surges, it'll be ready for that, too. ;)

Well I really just want the blue ray. If he buy the x I will get a regular blue ray I guess. Just trying to kill two birds with one stone.
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2010 3:31:39 PM

Yep, your right. I have a feeling I won't win this one.
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2010 3:33:48 PM
At 12/9/2010 3:31:39 PM, jharry wrote:

The PS3 online play is free, and the quality is usually good. I think that it is befitting if you teach your child that you cannot get everything you want. On top of that the PS3 comes with most of the hardware that you need for gaming. I recommend it overall. The Wii is probably very entertaining and simple, the X360 has a good online gaming, but the PS3 is currently a good mixture of the Wii and the 360, with extra features on top.
jharry
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2010 6:06:10 PM
At 12/9/2010 3:33:48 PM, Mirza wrote:
At 12/9/2010 3:31:39 PM, jharry wrote:

The PS3 online play is free, and the quality is usually good. I think that it is befitting if you teach your child that you cannot get everything you want. On top of that the PS3 comes with most of the hardware that you need for gaming. I recommend it overall. The Wii is probably very entertaining and simple, the X360 has a good online gaming, but the PS3 is currently a good mixture of the Wii and the 360, with extra features on top.

I don't generally spoil them in any sense of the word. I usually do spend about this much for Christmas on them. I'm seeing how they react to that kind of cabbage at one time. I'm interested to see what they buy. I've done this once with my daughter for getting good grades.

From everything I've seen PS3 does look better then the Xbox. I hope he can honestly weigh the two and not get one because his friends have one. I guess I will find out pretty soon.