Jump to topic:

Windows 10 upgrade issue

Geckocoz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2016 7:19:21 AM
Posted: 4 months ago
I upgraded my old windows 7 laptop to Windows 10. But now I can't remember the sign in password now. I did have a Windows installation disk but I am afraid the data will be wiped after installation. Is there any other way around? thanks
Lynx_N
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2016 6:32:07 PM
Years ago I used Knoppix to reset passwords on Windows-of-sort, but I guess there's equally free readily available images for download nowadays to burn a rescue disc with, maybe even for creating bootable USB disks.

http://www.ehow.com...
http://knoppix.net...
http://www.gfi.com...

Good luck :)
Bronto?
Congrats.

poet
triangle.128k
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2016 7:58:07 PM
At 7/29/2016 7:19:21 AM, Geckocoz wrote:
I upgraded my old windows 7 laptop to Windows 10. But now I can't remember the sign in password now. I did have a Windows installation disk but I am afraid the data will be wiped after installation. Is there any other way around? thanks

Why you're asking on a dead forum section on a site with a political focus is beyond me. But you could try hacking into the computer somehow, there are plenty of ways.
Geckocoz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2016 1:54:54 AM
At 7/31/2016 7:58:07 PM, triangle.128k wrote:

Why you're asking on a dead forum section on a site with a political focus is beyond me. But you could try hacking into the computer somehow, there are plenty of ways.

I think many users in here already upgraded to Win 10 and i am sure there are people who had the same problem with me.
jacksonlly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2016 3:20:04 AM

Continuously press F8 (or F10) at computer start-up. When the Start-up Option will appear then choose SAFE MODE and press ENTER.Choose OS (xp) and press ENTER again. In a few minutes you'll see a screen having two accounts. Choose Administrator Account.Here a dialog box will appear. Press OK. (If you use xp then) go to:
>Control panel
>User Account
Here you'll find 3 accounts.
They are: (1.Administrator 2.Your Account 3.Guest)
Pick up 2.Your account
>Remove password (no password will be needed)
Now reboot your PC in normal mode.
Geckocoz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2016 1:58:16 AM
At 8/5/2016 3:20:04 AM, jacksonlly wrote:
Continuously press F8 (or F10) at computer start-up. When the Start-up Option will appear then choose SAFE MODE and press ENTER.Choose OS (xp) and press ENTER again. In a few minutes you'll see a screen having two accounts. Choose Administrator Account.Here a dialog box will appear. Press OK. (If you use xp then) go to:
>Control panel
>User Account
Pick up 2.Your account

There is no such an option in Windows 10. any other suggestion? thanks
jacksonlly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2016 2:32:44 AM
At 8/6/2016 1:58:16 AM, Geckocoz wrote:
>Control panel
>User Account
Pick up 2.Your account

OK, if this is your online account, then you can reset MS account with your hotmail.
if this is your local account, you may need to create a USB or DVD reset disk.
jacksonlly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2016 2:36:24 AM
At 8/7/2016 2:32:44 AM, jacksonlly wrote:
At 8/6/2016 1:58:16 AM, Geckocoz wrote:
>Control panel
>User Account
Pick up 2.Your account

OK, if this is your online account, then you can reset MS account with your hotmail.
if this is your local account, you may need to create a USB or DVD reset disk.

OR follow the given steps
Step 1: Download UUKeys password reset software and install it to a accessible windows. UUKeys password reset software can be install in windows 2000 and later
http://www.uukeys.com...

Create a UUKeys Password reset disk with UUKeys software.
2.1 Choose media type (You can use Spower software to create a USB or CD/DVD password reset disk):
To create a USB password reset disk, choose USB device.
To create a CD/DVD password reset disk, choose CD/DVD.
2.2 Create a USB password reset disk:
2.3 Create a CD/DVD password reset disk:
Step 3: Set windows 8 computer to boot from CD/DVD or USB drive
Step 4: Insert Spower password reset disk to the locked computer and restart it.
Step 5: When Spower program starts, follow the instructions blew to reset a new password to windows 8 user:
5.1 Select a Windows from list box.
5.2 Select a windows 8 user.
5.3 Click "Reset" to set a new password to selected user.
5.4 Click "Reboot" to restart the locked computer. When the program prompt you to take out the password reset disk, unplug the password reset disk.
brace
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/2/2016 2:12:01 AM
Posted: 3 months ago

You can reset the lost password using your Windows installation disk:
http://www.top-password.com...

Boot to the installation disc and open an command prompt. From there you can replace sethc.exe (Sticky Keys application) with command prompt (cmd.exe) for your Windows installation. Reboot to the login screen, press SHIFT key 5 times to open an elevated cmd, then use the "net user" command to set a new password for your account. I hope this helps!
tejretics
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2016 2:45:30 PM
Posted: 3 months ago

On another computer go to outlook.com and try retrieving your password from there, assuming it's the Windows account password.
"Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe." - Frederick Douglass
itoolsslly
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/12/2016 7:53:16 AM
Posted: 3 weeks ago
At 9/2/2016 2:12:01 AM, brace wrote:

You can reset the lost password using your Windows installation disk:
http://www.iseepassword.com...

Boot to the installation disc and open an command prompt. From there you can replace sethc.exe (Sticky Keys application) with command prompt (cmd.exe) for your Windows installation. Reboot to the login screen, press SHIFT key 5 times to open an elevated cmd, then use the "net user" command to set a new password for your account. I hope this helps!

There's a way to reset your Windows 7 password with nothing but the tools and software you already have at your disposal. This is a nifty little trick that anyone can pull off. The worst you'll have to do is boot from a disc or flash drive and use Command Prompt a few times.